It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers give up 51 points
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:18 am 

Hard to get optimistic over this D. Torched over the middle, blown assignments, lack of preparedness, poor tackling. You can go on and on. This doesn't look like a quick fix.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:15 am 

Holy hell.

We already have "Sky is falling" and "Tomlin is a potted plant" before our 3rd preseason game. This is a personal best for us here at SF.

Maybe next year we can figure out how the Steelers will fare at the voluntary OTAs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 am 

I'm trying not to overly over react here when I say the defense scares the shit out of me. The linebacking group is pathetic and embarrassing. This is just preseason where not a lot matters. This IMHO matters a lot though. Bostic has not impressed and has not proved he is the next in line to play alongside VWill. Bostic is a huge disappointment to me. Matakevich isn't far behind but at least we knew what we had in him. Pass rushers are a complete disappointment. Dupree is very close to bust status and Chickillo is who we know him to be. A bottom tier backup (JAG). Adeniyi and Adams are still very raw and in need of much development. Nothing that can be done in time for the regular season. Adams in his second year isn't proving much. Injuries inside this team have become alarming. I realize the injury bug has bitten every team and that says something in and of itself. Everywhere I've looked has the Steelers with 10 linebackers. 10 mediocre [JAG's] well, perhaps Watt proves he's not in that group as soon as he's healthy enough to take the field that is. The Steelers defense is in some trouble folks. Giving up a 50+ burger in preseason is alarming to me. I know "stop panicking" and all that happy horseshit. I hope to be extremely off base with this. I hope the defense proves to be a juggernaut as the season unfolds. I just can't see it yet.

Quote:
Hmmm....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:04 am 

This D is a continuation of last year's play. Let the Turk get rid of the dead wood like Cooty and Chick and get some new faces.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:56 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:02 pm 

I am not a "sky is falling" guy. But if you have been watching our D and you don't have some real degree of concern then you are a "pie in the sky" guy ... no better than a "sky is falling guy."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:26 pm 

remember when Philly shredded us in Preseason game 3... and then the defense finished 11th overall that year? They had some holes but figured out how to make it work well enough to win.

I don't think this defense is as bad as that one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Holy hell.

We already have "Sky is falling" and "Tomlin is a potted plant" before our 3rd preseason game. This is a personal best for us here at SF.

Maybe next year we can figure out how the Steelers will fare at the voluntary OTAs.

Lol, right on man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm 

I'm not going to worry until I see them in the regular season. I don't believe coaches coach to win preseason games but to see how individuals perform. If they're giving up 50 points in the regular season, I'll agree that would be...problematic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 pm 

That game was one of the stupidest games of football I’ve ever witnessed.

High school teams should play that for freshman and say, see you’re not that far from the nfl.

It made the fourth quarter of the pro bowl look like the immaculate reception.

You get my point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next