It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Re-watch II
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:33 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Agree with Clan, why is anyone praising Dobbs? He should have 5 INTs minimum through 2 games. He's thrown 12-15 horrible passes.

The hate for Landry Jones is so deep that we see things that aren’t there in hope that he’ll be cut.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Agree with Clan, why is anyone praising Dobbs? He should have 5 INTs minimum through 2 games. He's thrown 12-15 horrible passes.

The hate for Landry Jones is so deep that we see things that aren’t there in hope that he’ll be cut.

I don't love Jones but I also know what is available across the NFL. It could be far worse. I also know what a 4th round draft pick as a success translates to. Too many folks get tied into expectation, ignore the reality of draft or are wholly ignorant of it. I have no doubt some heads will explode when Samuels likely doesn't make initial 53 and then passes waivers onto PS. Frazier likely the same. OMFG wasted draft picks!!! Yet and Matthew Thomas (has inside track to 53) makes it? I doubt there will be a thread lauding FO for getting him. Same with Paterson (needs another big game).

Long-term? Jones will be gone next season and with a year under his belt, we will see if Rudolph makes the jump. It is obvious lad isn't ready yet and I didn't expect him to be. The rookie QBs who have gotten better over pre-season and surprised the fuck out of me? Josh Allen & Rosen. Mayfield had a poor game v Bills (haven't seen a decent deep pass yet), Lamar Jackson has major accuracy issues (11-28 v scrubs)/is not as fast running the ball as I thought he was & for all the hype Darnold looks like a turnover machine. Chargers btw might have gotten a steal, Cardale Jones has looked, very, very good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 pm 

Per Dale Lolley, McDonald told him he will definitely be ready for Week 1.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:29 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I understand it's preseason. I get it. But the defensive secondary and holes in the middle line backer position (as well as depth) are serious areas of concern.

Lets not pretend it isn't a systemic problem. Having said that, I have faith they will get better before the season starts. But that doesn't mean the middle of the field, ILB, and the secondary aren't areas that need massive improvement. And one offseason isn't going to fix it right away.

Nah we'll be fine. Tomlin and Butler got this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Per Dale Lolley, McDonald told him he will definitely be ready for Week 1.

At which time, he'll stub his toe running out on the field and be out for five games.