It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 pm 

Quote:
Funny to hear posters talking about doing other things during a Steeler game

For the record, my 2:00 pm massage was an hour after game over. I live on the west coast. I suppose the way posted it would appear to be during the game. I haven’t missed a Steelers game since the day before Directtv game to be.

Steelers 10:00 - 1:00

Tiffany 2:00 - 4:00

Tiffany won...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 pm 

Up to last year i would be getting upset at every play and win or loss now i watch an when they lose it has no effect on me guess it watching how these guys act like spoiled brats

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 pm 

Steelers football quit getting me upset many years ago. I still look forward to the games, still enjoy the games, still ride the roller coaster during the games. But win it’s over, win or lose, it doesn’t affect my mood, my day, my week...
(Although I did yell at my dog when KC scored to go up 21-0 today. She gave me those “what the hell did I do” eyes. Then I felt bad... :lol: )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:32 pm 

Ha that’s funny. Back in the day, my lab would bolt for her bed back in the bedroom the first moment a voice was raised during the game.

Oh noooo, master be yellin. I’m out of here...

She didn’t like football.

Now I just laugh when we do something particularly stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Someone tell me how Tomlin is any different than Marty Shottenheimer the last 10 years?

yes.. he's worse.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:39 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Up to last year i would be getting upset at every play and win or loss now i watch an when they lose it has no effect on me guess it watching how these guys act like spoiled brats

u hit male menopause my friend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:40 pm 

I think these games have no affect on anyone here because we've adjusted to having a losing team - we know we can't win it all, so these losses don't really matter.

this coaching staff has taken all hope away from winning a super bowl -- you know that fact deep down, and that's why the losses don't really hurt

at least, that's my experience

If we truly had a great coaching staff with a team on the rise (Jax or LA Rams, for example), then you would be fucking DEVASTATED by a lost game that we should win.

We have been "beaten into submission" -- basically, you really don't care if we lose.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 pm 

steel wrote:
I think these games have no affect on anyone here because we've adjusted to having a losing team - we know we can't win it all, so these losses don't really matter.

this coaching staff has taken all hope away from winning a super bowl -- you know that fact deep down, and that's why the losses don't really hurt

at least, that's my experience

If we truly had a great coaching staff with a team on the rise (Jax or LA Rams, for example), then you would be fucking DEVASTATED by a lost game that we should win.

We have been "beaten into submission" -- basically, you really don't care if we lose.

:roll:

damn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:01 pm 

KC wrote:
If we miss the playoffs this year, I fully expect Roethlisberger to retire and Dumblin to resign.

In that order.

Dumblin isn't stupid enough to continue on without Ben.

Not if, it's when. And Tomlin will be fired roundabout 5 years after Ben retires.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:03 pm 

This entire thread is hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:04 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:
But we’ve seen games where the Steelers were down big and AB smiling on the sidelines because he’s having a huge game.
Players see this and it just contributes to what is wrong with this team.

True. But the man is a machine. He's one diva I could live with.

The problem with this team is the coaches are lazy and unprepared....lead by example....

AB should fucking lead by example too, I am tired of his shit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:06 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
KC wrote:
If we miss the playoffs this year, I fully expect Roethlisberger to retire and Dumblin to resign.

In that order.

Dumblin isn't stupid enough to continue on without Ben.

Not if, it's when. And Tomlin will be fired roundabout 5 years after Ben retires.

Tomfuck won't retire until all his kids are finished with HS in Pittsburgh - he won't want to move them before that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Never liked him from the onset - not 1 fucking day. But, I'm glad I spent the day with my wife and kids instead of watching the game. I really can't stand the emotional roller coaster this team puts me through. I would have been livid and cussing and swearing all first quarter, rooting and fist pumping all second quarter, biting my nails through the 3rd quarter, then back to being pissed off in the 4th quarter and an asshole to my family for quite a while after the game. Instead, I had a great day with the family then came home and calmly mowed my grass that was nearly a foot high in places. Life is good tonight and enjoying the mental breakdown of all on the board, no disrespect intended as I would have probably made twenty pissed off posts by now!

Dude, are we related? You nailed my game experience to the T. That said, my Sundays are going to be much more productive with the wife and little girl. Fuck these nerve rackin' sons-a-bitches.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

fortythree wrote:

You love Tomlin, huh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:05 am 

fortythree wrote:

I notice you don't post much anymore now that Tomlin is an indefensible tire fire.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
franco32 wrote:
I watched with my 9 yr old son who is now a huge Steelers fan. I've taught him to never give up. Never quit. He wanted to walk out after that potential defensive TD and 28-0 hole. He came back.

At the end of the day, it's a game. I'd rather be a loyal fan than a fair weather one. It is aggravating and it does ruin a few hours of my day, but you have to move on.

We can't change the fact that Tomlin is horrific and AR2 won't take action. All we can hope for it that the young players on D come around and we have enough talent to make a run later in the year.

I'm with you, Franco. Funny to hear posters talking about doing other things during a Steeler game as the only way they can really cope. I guess I've learned to watch, not miss a play, but not to let the game make me distraught. It certainly used to...now, not so much, not even close.

I dont miss either, but I am not a die hard anymore. I am at a 1985 Steelers expectations level right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 am 

955876 wrote:
Now I just laugh when we do something particularly stupid.

You must look like a certifiable loon on Sundays. Don't your cheeks get tired?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 am 

Tomlin was Safe under Dan Rooney. Now he’s gone I’d say he’s more likely to get fired. Art seems like he’s not going to screw around. This new Oc needs fired and so does Keith butler. All Tomlin hires. This team is 7-8-1 team under these clowns

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:55 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
Mahomes today. 23-28 326 yards 6 TD. More TDs than incompletions. Tomlin is a fucking defensive genius.

The bolded is a defensive disaster.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
steel wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
I’ve always looked at the Tomlin situation realistically. 95% of the posters in this board want to fire him, but they are guys at a keyboard and not a single one is named Rooney.

So what will the Rooney’s actually do? First of all Tomlin will never be fired mid-season, Obviously. It will be decided when the season is over. Last season the Steelers finished 13-3, and the Rooney’s are not going to fire him after that. Only Schottenheimer has ever been fired in that circumstance, and it was premature.

2018 has been a dumpster fire so far. But if the Steelers make the playoffs, we will see. If the Steelers do not make the playoffs, which is a real possibility then Tomlin will officially be on the hot seat. Will the Rooney’s actually pull the trigger? maybe.

Lastly if you are going call for Tomlin’s job, who do you want to replace him with. Serious question for anyone who has ideas.

Good post - exactly right.

Rooney won't fire him after this year, even if we miss the playoffs. If we miss 2 years, then he will take action. So Tomlin will be with us thru next season, at a minimum.

Who to replace him?

A young, hungry, relatively unknown Defensive Coordinator who has coached for successful teams in the NFL, in 2 years, that's who.
(Noll, Cowher, Tomlin)

Tomlin ain't never being fired. Neverrrrrrrr!!! No way, no how.

Of course not, the dumb ass Rooneys have this "never fire the HC rule-no matter what", Ben will retire, then we could average 6-10 for a decade and maybe Tomlin will get fed up and retire, but Rooney's stupid mindset will keep him here as long as he wants to stay.

As to WHO could replace him? Any number of people, it's not like he's been great. All you who complain about "Ben this, and Ben that..." will see when he retires that BEN has been unilaterally carrying this team for a decade. when we go 6-10 instead of 11-5 because Ben wasn't there to rally them from 3 scores down five times that year, you'll see the difference, it wasn't Tomlin saving their asses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 am 

Kodiak wrote:
fortythree wrote:

I notice you don't post much anymore now that Tomlin is an indefensible tire fire.

Nah, he just loves to be cryptic. Remember, facts mean piss all to folks like him and his ilk (the media).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:56 am 

Is it an accident that we hired Bill Cowher #2 after Bill Cowher #1 retired? I doubt it.

There is a culture problem in this organization.

I will continue to ride and hope we turn it around this season but...

At the moment, I am not inspired by Tomlin, Fichtner (still too early to really know with him), or Butler.

It's important to have a football genius somewhere in the mix of HC, OC, DC.

Hate on Lebeau if you want, but in his time he was one of the cutting edge thinkers/innovators in the league. His time has passed IMO, but what a difference it makes to have a guy like that in the organization at the right time in league history.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 am 

Havoc wrote:
Is it an accident that we hired Bill Cowher #2 after Bill Cowher #1 retired? I doubt it.

There is a culture problem in this organization.

I will continue to ride and hope we turn it around this season but...

At the moment, I am not inspired by Tomlin, Fichtner (still too early to really know with him), or Butler.

It's important to have a football genius somewhere in the mix of HC, OC, DC.

Hate on Lebeau if you want, but in his time he was one of the cutting edge thinkers/innovators in the league. His time has passed IMO, but what a difference it makes to have a guy like that in the organization at the right time in league history.

This!! They are trying to replay the Noll hiring. Just hire young DCs as HC.

But the organization is locked into the 3-4 is the only way to go. Can't look at a hybrid defense. What would the scouts say!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 am 

jebrick wrote:

This!! They are trying to replay the Noll hiring. Just hire young DCs as HC.

But the organization is locked into the 3-4 is the only way to go. Can't look at a hybrid defense. What would the scouts say!!

The funny part is, they act like you can never go away from the 3-4, when the best years of the Noll Era where 4-3 and people where pissed when Noll went 3-4.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:30 am 

You know I always try to look at the other side of the coin, as in "what are Tomlin's strengths"?

I look back to when Shazier got hurt vs Cincy. You have to give Tomlin some credit there to get his players to refocus and win a football game.
But the ironic thing is, if he can get players to refocus in that particular moment why can't he get them to do it again either in game or during the week?

He's like a walking contradiction. "I don't live in my fears" yet he does exactly that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next