It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 pm 

Ice wrote:
Didn't ping pong removal precede the infamous "unleashing of Hell in December?"

Benstonium's latest Instagram post pretty much nails how I'm thinking things went. Too computer illiterate and lazy to link it, but worth the look see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7ZqKYBiiB ... atd0ey15l4

:o :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 pm 

It is a joke what happening with this team but it starts with the guy on top

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
It is a joke what happening with this team but it starts with the guy on top

Tomlin will pull us out of this!

Last edited by Kodiak on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:26 pm 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24743216/losing-antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-fired-up

More AB Comments on BSPN. I actually agree with most of it. I have no doubts that AB cares a lot about this team winning. He's far and away the hardest worker at his craft on the team. I'd probably just give him a pass on this one. Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:38 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

Sure! :D

...but come out and get double and triple teamed and cause your offense to waste opportunities to succeed - maybe even lose the game - while trying to feed you the ball, only to react by being a diva and a crybaby at the expense of the team, well then...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:53 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

...but come out and get double and triple teamed and cause your offense to waste opportunities to succeed - maybe even lose the game - while trying to feed you the ball, only to react by being a diva and a crybaby at the expense of the team, well then...

He’s put up those numbers before.

His off field antics don’t negate the fact that he’s supremely talented at what he does.

Also he’s been very clutch during his career which he rarely gets credit for

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Steeledge wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

He’s put up those numbers before.

His off field antics don’t negate the fact that he’s supremely talented at what he does.

Also he’s been very clutch during his career which he rarely gets credit for
Hey. You never responded to where you are in queens, nyc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 am 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anto ... -festered/

A Brady issue.

Divaesque. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:39 am 

Social media manager?

Is this common?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:52 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Social media manager?

Is this common?

Having one? Yes, particularly for big name players.

Having them on the practice field? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:47 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-issues-with-steelers-coaching-staff-began-in-camp-and-have-festered/

A Brady issue.

I fear this isn’t going to end well...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 am 

And as usual the WR on the team who is acting the most professional is JuJu!

JuJu has his Mom as his manager of his Social Media empire! 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:51 am 

The Steelers have turned into a horrible Oliver Stone movie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am 

Scunge wrote:
And as usual the WR on the team who is acting the most professional is JuJu!

JuJu has his Mom as his manager of his Social Media empire! 8-)

And yet, Fat Fuck Mark Madden still can't stop tearing into him for no other reason than having a personality (well, and it's easy ratings, of course).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:22 am 

Quote:
Tomlin on slow starts, discipline for AB, Berry
Q. Are you a believer of scripting offensive plays to start a game?
A. I am.

Q. Earlier this week, you said you disciplined Antonio Brown for missing a team meeting on the Monday after the Kansas City game. You don’t announce that kind of punishment to the public, but when you do something like that do you tell the rest of the team?
A. Certainly. I call it housekeeping. It’s part of normal daily functions of our team. I think it’s important that they not only see clarity in terms of how situations are dealt with, but younger people in the room can learn. Smart professionals learn not only in terms of what happens to them, but they also learn from what happens around them. The same goes for discipline as it does for alignment, assignment, and execution. We ask our young people to learn from those around them – you learn your playbook by watching those around you execute, and so forth. It’s twofold why you address those things: you want the team to know that situations are being addressed and how they’re being addressed, but you also want to teach young people in the process.

Q. At your Tuesday news conference you were asked about punter Jordan Berry, and you said, “I’m not comfortable with the results I’ve seen thus far. It has got to be better.” What constitutes good punting in the NFL? What are you looking for from the punter?
A. Forty-yard net average, all things being considered, is the line. That’s not taking into account situational punting, red zone punting, and that’s something that Jordan really excels in. In the last couple of years he’s been one of the best in the league in red zone punting, as in the percentages between punts downed inside the 20-yard line vs. touchbacks. You understand how catastrophic touchbacks are to the field position element of the game, and so that’s not an element of the equation when I’m talking about a 40-yard net. But the thing with Jordan – and the point I’m trying to get across to Jordan and to everyone when we’re talking about everyone in the room getting an opportunity to learn – Jordan has punted very well and consistently at practice. He has to take that into the stadium. And that’s what we expect him to do, that’s what we expect all of our guys to do. We have a great deal of confidence in him because what we see day-to-day builds that confidence, but he’s got to maintain a certain level of consistency under certain circumstances inside stadiums that he hasn’t produced yet. Two games isn’t a large body of work, but I’m acknowledging what I’ve seen so far needs to improve.
https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin-on ... r-ab-berry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-issues-with-steelers-coaching-staff-began-in-camp-and-have-festered/

A Brady issue.

I fear this isn’t going to end well...

This team better start winning. Better shot at keeping things together.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am 

AirRescueFF wrote:

A Brady issue.

So AB thinks its ok if 53 players had their own personal trainer and social media assistant hanging around with them on the practice field.
Imagine that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Tomlin on slow starts, discipline for AB, Berry
Q. Are you a believer of scripting offensive plays to start a game?
A. I am.

Q. Earlier this week, you said you disciplined Antonio Brown for missing a team meeting on the Monday after the Kansas City game. You don’t announce that kind of punishment to the public, but when you do something like that do you tell the rest of the team?
A. Certainly. I call it housekeeping. It’s part of normal daily functions of our team. I think it’s important that they not only see clarity in terms of how situations are dealt with, but younger people in the room can learn. Smart professionals learn not only in terms of what happens to them, but they also learn from what happens around them. The same goes for discipline as it does for alignment, assignment, and execution. We ask our young people to learn from those around them – you learn your playbook by watching those around you execute, and so forth. It’s twofold why you address those things: you want the team to know that situations are being addressed and how they’re being addressed, but you also want to teach young people in the process.

Q. At your Tuesday news conference you were asked about punter Jordan Berry, and you said, “I’m not comfortable with the results I’ve seen thus far. It has got to be better.” What constitutes good punting in the NFL? What are you looking for from the punter?
A. Forty-yard net average, all things being considered, is the line. That’s not taking into account situational punting, red zone punting, and that’s something that Jordan really excels in. In the last couple of years he’s been one of the best in the league in red zone punting, as in the percentages between punts downed inside the 20-yard line vs. touchbacks. You understand how catastrophic touchbacks are to the field position element of the game, and so that’s not an element of the equation when I’m talking about a 40-yard net. But the thing with Jordan – and the point I’m trying to get across to Jordan and to everyone when we’re talking about everyone in the room getting an opportunity to learn – Jordan has punted very well and consistently at practice. He has to take that into the stadium. And that’s what we expect him to do, that’s what we expect all of our guys to do. We have a great deal of confidence in him because what we see day-to-day builds that confidence, but he’s got to maintain a certain level of consistency under certain circumstances inside stadiums that he hasn’t produced yet. Two games isn’t a large body of work, but I’m acknowledging what I’ve seen so far needs to improve.
https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin-on ... r-ab-berry

OH MY GOD!!!

That's all ai have to say about this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next