It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Ice wrote:
Didn't ping pong removal precede the infamous "unleashing of Hell in December?"

Benstonium's latest Instagram post pretty much nails how I'm thinking things went. Too computer illiterate and lazy to link it, but worth the look see.



https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7ZqKYBiiB ... atd0ey15l4

:o :lol:

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4147
It is a joke what happening with this team but it starts with the guy on top


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11332
steelmann58 wrote:
It is a joke what happening with this team but it starts with the guy on top


Tomlin will pull us out of this!

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Last edited by Kodiak on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4064
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24743216/losing-antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-fired-up

More AB Comments on BSPN. I actually agree with most of it. I have no doubts that AB cares a lot about this team winning. He's far and away the hardest worker at his craft on the team. I'd probably just give him a pass on this one. Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 980
StillerInCT wrote:
Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

Sure! :D

...but come out and get double and triple teamed and cause your offense to waste opportunities to succeed - maybe even lose the game - while trying to feed you the ball, only to react by being a diva and a crybaby at the expense of the team, well then...

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4064
Steeledge wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

Sure! :D

...but come out and get double and triple teamed and cause your offense to waste opportunities to succeed - maybe even lose the game - while trying to feed you the ball, only to react by being a diva and a crybaby at the expense of the team, well then...


He’s put up those numbers before.

His off field antics don’t negate the fact that he’s supremely talented at what he does.

Also he’s been very clutch during his career which he rarely gets credit for

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6330
StillerInCT wrote:
Steeledge wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Come out and put up 150 - 200 yards against TB and everyone forgets about it.

Sure! :D

...but come out and get double and triple teamed and cause your offense to waste opportunities to succeed - maybe even lose the game - while trying to feed you the ball, only to react by being a diva and a crybaby at the expense of the team, well then...


He’s put up those numbers before.

His off field antics don’t negate the fact that he’s supremely talented at what he does.

Also he’s been very clutch during his career which he rarely gets credit for
Hey. You never responded to where you are in queens, nyc.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 1192
Location: Hawaii
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anto ... -festered/

A Brady issue.

Divaesque. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 907
Social media manager?

Is this common?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1742
Miter Saw wrote:
Social media manager?

Is this common?


Having one? Yes, particularly for big name players.

Having them on the practice field? I doubt it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6894
AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-issues-with-steelers-coaching-staff-began-in-camp-and-have-festered/

A Brady issue.

Divaesque. :roll:

I fear this isn’t going to end well...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1920
And as usual the WR on the team who is acting the most professional is JuJu!

JuJu has his Mom as his manager of his Social Media empire! 8-)

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8900
The Steelers have turned into a horrible Oliver Stone movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1742
Scunge wrote:
And as usual the WR on the team who is acting the most professional is JuJu!

JuJu has his Mom as his manager of his Social Media empire! 8-)


And yet, Fat Fuck Mark Madden still can't stop tearing into him for no other reason than having a personality (well, and it's easy ratings, of course).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13537
Quote:
Tomlin on slow starts, discipline for AB, Berry
Q. Are you a believer of scripting offensive plays to start a game?
A. I am.

Q. Earlier this week, you said you disciplined Antonio Brown for missing a team meeting on the Monday after the Kansas City game. You don’t announce that kind of punishment to the public, but when you do something like that do you tell the rest of the team?
A. Certainly. I call it housekeeping. It’s part of normal daily functions of our team. I think it’s important that they not only see clarity in terms of how situations are dealt with, but younger people in the room can learn. Smart professionals learn not only in terms of what happens to them, but they also learn from what happens around them. The same goes for discipline as it does for alignment, assignment, and execution. We ask our young people to learn from those around them – you learn your playbook by watching those around you execute, and so forth. It’s twofold why you address those things: you want the team to know that situations are being addressed and how they’re being addressed, but you also want to teach young people in the process.

Q. At your Tuesday news conference you were asked about punter Jordan Berry, and you said, “I’m not comfortable with the results I’ve seen thus far. It has got to be better.” What constitutes good punting in the NFL? What are you looking for from the punter?
A. Forty-yard net average, all things being considered, is the line. That’s not taking into account situational punting, red zone punting, and that’s something that Jordan really excels in. In the last couple of years he’s been one of the best in the league in red zone punting, as in the percentages between punts downed inside the 20-yard line vs. touchbacks. You understand how catastrophic touchbacks are to the field position element of the game, and so that’s not an element of the equation when I’m talking about a 40-yard net. But the thing with Jordan – and the point I’m trying to get across to Jordan and to everyone when we’re talking about everyone in the room getting an opportunity to learn – Jordan has punted very well and consistently at practice. He has to take that into the stadium. And that’s what we expect him to do, that’s what we expect all of our guys to do. We have a great deal of confidence in him because what we see day-to-day builds that confidence, but he’s got to maintain a certain level of consistency under certain circumstances inside stadiums that he hasn’t produced yet. Two games isn’t a large body of work, but I’m acknowledging what I’ve seen so far needs to improve.
https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin-on ... r-ab-berry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4253
Jobus Rum wrote:
AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-issues-with-steelers-coaching-staff-began-in-camp-and-have-festered/

A Brady issue.

Divaesque. :roll:

I fear this isn’t going to end well...


This team better start winning. Better shot at keeping things together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5418
AirRescueFF wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-issues-with-steelers-coaching-staff-began-in-camp-and-have-festered/

A Brady issue.

Divaesque. :roll:


So AB thinks its ok if 53 players had their own personal trainer and social media assistant hanging around with them on the practice field.
Imagine that.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Tomlin on slow starts, discipline for AB, Berry
Q. Are you a believer of scripting offensive plays to start a game?
A. I am.

Q. Earlier this week, you said you disciplined Antonio Brown for missing a team meeting on the Monday after the Kansas City game. You don’t announce that kind of punishment to the public, but when you do something like that do you tell the rest of the team?
A. Certainly. I call it housekeeping. It’s part of normal daily functions of our team. I think it’s important that they not only see clarity in terms of how situations are dealt with, but younger people in the room can learn. Smart professionals learn not only in terms of what happens to them, but they also learn from what happens around them. The same goes for discipline as it does for alignment, assignment, and execution. We ask our young people to learn from those around them – you learn your playbook by watching those around you execute, and so forth. It’s twofold why you address those things: you want the team to know that situations are being addressed and how they’re being addressed, but you also want to teach young people in the process.

Q. At your Tuesday news conference you were asked about punter Jordan Berry, and you said, “I’m not comfortable with the results I’ve seen thus far. It has got to be better.” What constitutes good punting in the NFL? What are you looking for from the punter?
A. Forty-yard net average, all things being considered, is the line. That’s not taking into account situational punting, red zone punting, and that’s something that Jordan really excels in. In the last couple of years he’s been one of the best in the league in red zone punting, as in the percentages between punts downed inside the 20-yard line vs. touchbacks. You understand how catastrophic touchbacks are to the field position element of the game, and so that’s not an element of the equation when I’m talking about a 40-yard net. But the thing with Jordan – and the point I’m trying to get across to Jordan and to everyone when we’re talking about everyone in the room getting an opportunity to learn – Jordan has punted very well and consistently at practice. He has to take that into the stadium. And that’s what we expect him to do, that’s what we expect all of our guys to do. We have a great deal of confidence in him because what we see day-to-day builds that confidence, but he’s got to maintain a certain level of consistency under certain circumstances inside stadiums that he hasn’t produced yet. Two games isn’t a large body of work, but I’m acknowledging what I’ve seen so far needs to improve.
https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin-on ... r-ab-berry



OH MY GOD!!!

That's all ai have to say about this.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, Stosh-67 and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group