It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pretty amazing Landry Jones can’t get a job...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 pm 

....in this current NFL QB climate.

Not even as a back up.

Cody Kessler might be the new starter in Jacksonville after Blake Bortles’ latest flame out.

How in the hell is Jones not better than Cody Kessler?

Post subject: Re: Pretty amazing Landry Jones can’t get a job...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm 

Or Peterman in Buffalo.

The guy is an INT waiting to happen.

How the fuck does he have a job and Jones doesn’t?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:35 pm 

KC wrote:
Or Peterman in Buffalo.

Could it be that he doesn't really want a job? He probably doesn't want a staring job and may want to much money to back up somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm 

KC wrote:

Not even as a back up.

Cody Kessler might be the new starter in Jacksonville after Blake Bortles’ latest flame out.

Yea it's almost like NFL teams realize he's a barely capable backup.

Weird that the team that employed him for 3 yrs couldn't recognize that sooner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:
Or Peterman in Buffalo.

Could it be that he doesn't really want a job? He probably doesn't want a staring job and may want to much money to back up somewhere?

I guess that’s a possibility but still very weird to me.

Jones, at one time, had to be looked upon as Ben’s heir apparent.

Now Jones doesn’t care if he plays football at all? Possible but surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:13 pm 

[sarcasm] Just goes to show you how incredibly astute the Steelers organization is. They knew right away that Landry Jones wasn't nfl quality and didn't hesitate to get rid of him in spite of his overwhelming popularity. [/sarcasm]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm 

What a draft. I guess the good years from Bell remove some of the stink but...
1-Jervis
2-Bell
3-Wheaton
4-Laundry
4-Shamarko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:58 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
1-Jervis
2-Bell
3-Wheaton
4-Laundry
4-Shamarko

Weirdly, Shamarko Thomas might end up being the second best player of that bunch. Starting now in Denver.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
1-Jervis
2-Bell
3-Wheaton
4-Laundry
4-Shamarko

Weirdly, Shamarko Thomas might end up being the second best player of that bunch. Starting now in Denver.
Considering Bell has done exactly Zero to get this team over the hump and what is happening now contractually, I'd say he's tied for first. And Landry Jones isn't playing, for whatever reason. I'm guessing he doesn't care much about football anymore. Or at least as a player.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:13 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
1-Jervis
2-Bell
3-Wheaton
4-Laundry
4-Shamarko

Considering Bell has done exactly Zero to get this team over the hump and what is happening now contractually, I'd say he's tied for first. And Landry Jones isn't playing, for whatever reason. I'm guessing he doesn't care much about football anymore. Or at least as a player.

The guy was expecting to be Ben's back up this season. It was a pretty major surprise to everybody (I'm also guessing it was to Landry Jones) that he was cut.

That was what, less than 3 months ago and in that short of a period, Landry has given up on football?

Nah.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 pm 

KC wrote:
That was what, less than 3 months ago and in that short of a period, Landry has given up on football?

Nah.

Laundry is trying out for teams... he just sucks, is all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
KC wrote:

Nah.

Laundry is trying out for teams... he just sucks, is all.

Now THIS I buy. Wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm 

According to Mel Kiper, Flo has him pretty high on the boards after the insurance salesman combine. She is determined not to miss the next post-Broncos Tommy Maddox that Mayhem from AllState successfully drafted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 pm 

KC wrote:

Not even as a back up.

I was discussing this yesterday watching mariota flounder again in London. he seriously sucks ass. Landry is better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 pm 

bam morris wrote:
KC wrote:

Not even as a back up.

I was discussing this yesterday watching mariota flounder again in London. he seriously sucks ass. Landry is better.

Mariota is one helluva athlete, but I agree. He is NO QB.

The guy that freaks me out the most is Peterman.

He had that 5 or 6 INT game in his first start ever and when they tried to start him again, he threw something like 3 picks in that game.

That guy has to have nude pics of Buffalo's owner to still have a job.

You put Jones on Buffalo's team and he's immediately their best QB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:32 pm 

KC wrote:
bam morris wrote:
KC wrote:

Not even as a back up.

Mariota is one helluva athlete, but I agree. He is NO QB.

The guy that freaks me out the most is Peterman.

He had that 5 or 6 INT game in his first start ever and when they tried to start him again, he threw something like 3 picks in that game.

That guy has to have nude pics of Buffalo's owner to still have a job.

You put Jones on Buffalo's team and he's immediately their best QB.

I don't disagree..
im not as down on Landry as most on here. im not saying hes dan marinobut honestly I think hes better then a few of clowns now playing and definitely back up worthy somewhere. I thought it odd too no-one signed him somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm 

Boggles my mind that some wanted to keep him here over Dobbs.

And I'm not saying Dobbs is anything great...only that maybe, just maybe, he can turn into something.

Landry never has been anything, and never will be anything. We know that for sure. So why in the hell wouldn't you keep the guy with at least some hope of upside?

To which those who wanted to keep Landry generally respond with "Do you trust Dobbs or Rudolph to sub for Ben if he goes down?"

To which I respond with "Nope! And neither do I trust Jones to do the same!".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Boggles my mind that some wanted to keep him here over Dobbs.

And I'm not saying Dobbs is anything great...only that maybe, just maybe, he can turn into something.

Landry never has been anything, and never will be anything. We know that for sure. So why in the hell wouldn't you keep the guy with at least some hope of upside?

To which those who wanted to keep Landry generally respond with "Do you trust Dobbs or Rudolph to sub for Ben if he goes down?"

To which I respond with "Nope! And neither do I trust Jones to do the same!".

I 100% agree and wanted Laundry gone AT ANY COST.

That said, he's still better than a shitload of QB's who are on rosters at present.

Especially Peterman in Buffalo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:25 pm 

I know Jones had a workout with New England about a month ago but that is the only thing I have heard. I think that everyone just knows he sucks unless it is week 17 against Cleveland.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:37 pm 

I don't think it is odd at all that Laundry Jones can't find a job. He simply was never a legitimate #2 QB.

No, I don't think he is better than Peterman. I don't think he is even better than most of the #3 QBs on rosters across the NFL.

Also, from what I understand, Jones and his wife Whitney have a house in Mt. Lebanon here in Pittsburgh, she works as a teacher/coach at Seton La Salle HS?? So, was she supposed to just quit her job, they were supposed to sell the house and just leave Pittsburgh for some backup job in Buffalo, or Cleveland or Arizona?? A backup QB could jump from team to team to team, year after year year.

I think his NFL career is done. I don't think he wants to upend his family and ask his wife to put her life and career on hold.

Also, Jones and how he was drafted was really sort of ass backwards to me. They draft a guy that got married to Whitney Hand the year before. Whitney Hand and Ben's sister are best friends forever and played college basketball together. Was Ben at the wedding too? Did Ben know Landry Jones? Did Ben go to Steeler management and plead his case for drafting Jones??

Ben has an ego but he really does not like having a real prospect at backup. Jones was too nice, too mild-mannered and had no potential whatsoever in taking his starting job. So, Ben felt he was the perfect backup QB!

But then Ben started his maybe I will retire shit and then the Steelers said enough is enough. Then they start doing their due diligence and start scouting and going to QB pro days. They draft Dobbs, then they draft Rudolph. Ben is miffed with both selections, of course he is.

The minute they drafted Rudolph, I knew Jones didn't have a chance in hell of making this team. I said it at the time, repeated it all summer and it happened. Was not a surprise to me, just as it is not a surprise to me that he is currently not on an NFL roster.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:45 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I don't think it is odd at all that Laundry Jones can't find a job. He simply was never a legitimate #2 QB.

No, I don't think he is better than Peterman. I don't think he is even better than most of the #3 QBs on rosters across the NFL.

Also, from what I understand, Jones and his wife Whitney have a house in Mt. Lebanon here in Pittsburgh, she works as a teacher/coach at Seton La Salle HS?? So, was she supposed to just quit her job, they were supposed to sell the house and just leave Pittsburgh for some backup job in Buffalo, or Cleveland or Arizona?? A backup QB could jump from team to team to team, year after year year.

I think his NFL career is done. I don't think he wants to upend his family and ask his wife to put her life and career on hold.

Also, Jones and how he was drafted was really sort of ass backwards to me. They draft a guy that got married to Whitney Hand the year before. Whitney Hand and Ben's sister are best friends forever and played college basketball together. Was Ben at the wedding too? Did Ben know Landry Jones? Did Ben go to Steeler management and plead his case for drafting Jones??

Ben has an ego but he really does not like having a real prospect at backup. Jones was too nice, too mild-mannered and had no potential whatsoever in taking his starting job. So, Ben felt he was the perfect backup QB!

But then Ben started his maybe I will retire shit and then the Steelers said enough is enough. Then they start doing their due diligence and start scouting and going to QB pro days. They draft Dobbs, then they draft Rudolph. Ben is miffed with both selections, of course he is.

The minute they drafted Rudolph, I knew Jones didn't have a chance in hell of making this team. I said it at the time, repeated it all summer and it happened. Was not a surprise to me, just as it is not a surprise to me that he is currently not on an NFL roster.

C’mon man...that’s some serious spinning.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm 

Scunge wrote:

Not a Laundry fan, obviously but I cannot imagine there is a single human being on earth, including Peterman's mother, that thinks he's a better QB than Jones.

Jones is nothing special, but he played well against the Patriots when they were 5-1. He threw for 281 yards had a TD and a pick. He's had other decent starts and was rarely a complete embarrassment when he was asked to start.

Was he good enough? God no, but he was no Peterman to be sure.

Peterman threw 5 interceptions in the first half of an NFL game. That sort of ineptness is almost hard to accomplish.

Here, this will explain it further. From CBS Sports: "Peterman has been the subject of much mocking since his latest appearance -- including the playoffs, Peterman has 82 career passes. In those 82 passes, he has thrown 10 interceptions. His regular-season interception percentage is 11.4. 11.4! He throws interceptions on more than 11 percent of his passes. For veterans in the locker room, it's understandable they might not want to keep grinding through a potentially lost season fueled by Peterman throwing picks all over the place".

Here is a quote from Dianna Russini's Twitter from just a few days ago: "I’m also told the Bills haven’t decided who will start at QB...There is a feeling in the organization that veteran QB Derek Anderson has to start or Sean McDermott is in danger of losing the locker room after Nathan Peterman’s latest performance".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am 

Personally, I find "The Peter-Man" jokes hilarious, and still haven't forgiven the Bills for beating the Steelers in my first playoff game at Three Rivers in humiliating fashion, so long live The Peter-Man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:13 am 

Coaches love QBs who use the crayons within the lines and throw it away when no one's open and who dump it off on 3rd and long, rather than take a sack. They LOVE LOVE LOVE those guys, because they're human excuses for the coach.

"Well the Bill are very well-coached, and they keep it close, but they just don't have the horses on offense. Coach will get a chance to develop his guys, etc." If you have a dynamic guy, who takes risks-- sometimes you win games you're not supposed to, and sometimes you get blown out. I think at least 2/3 of coaches would rather keep it close and lose vs getting blown out ever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:35 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Scunge wrote:

C’mon man...that’s some serious spinning.

Fuck that noise. Spinning. Us it. Scunges post is probably the closest to spot on than any other.