It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell takes a PAYCUT!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:25 am 

Addition by subtraction will be the theme

Dumblin better be smart enough to know the trap door is below his feet, now and there is a legitimate threat of it opening.

I expect Ben and Oline to circle the wagons and Dumblin does an about face on things and we see things change for the better

In the meantime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 pm 

Bell got 406 touches in 2017, but the Steelers were holding him back. Poor Lev. I'm glad he's in a situation now where he can be free to show us all what he can really do.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:28 pm 

well, he's back in the news!!! Shd be great fun as OTAs are soon...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm 

SteelWill wrote:
well, he's back in the news!!! Shd be great fun as OTAs are soon...

Manish Mehta
‏Verified account @MMehtaNYDN

One disagreement between Adam Gase and Mike Maccagnan/Christopher Johnson...

Gase absolutely did not want to sign Le’Veon Bell, per sources. In fact, he made it clear that he didn’t want to spend a lot of money on any running back.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:58 pm 

Gase is smart. You don't tie up too many resources in RB in this league.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm 

Didn't bell say in an interview that gase treated him great, accepted him with open arms, made him family, respected him as an equal?

I can't wait to see the arguments here in NYC over this asshole. I hope he fucks up, fumbles, has a JAG year. Then the jets "jettison" him next year. LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 pm 

Honestly, if either of our old friends make it through their current contracts, I'll be surprised, though Brown appears to be having a better time of it in Choakland.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 pm 

Sometimes the moves made by the Jets are as much about winning the back page as they are about winning games.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 pm 

Well, he's already having a big effect on his new team. Just his mere presence is making a difference.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:02 pm 

Ice wrote:
Well, he's already having a big effect on his new team. Just his mere presence is making a difference.

Or his lack of presence since he has not shown up for any volunteer workouts.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 pm 

Didn't get invited to the coach's house yet. Oh, wait, that was the other guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm 

Was it Gase that had enough of Jai Ajayi in Miami...
Not putting in the time..
Not knowing the playbook....

And then jettisoning him out of Miami?

What's he think of Bells skipping Voluntary workouts so far.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Didn't bell say in an interview that gase treated him great, accepted him with open arms, made him family, respected him as an equal?

Yes. Lev was able to sit down with Gase and talk about the plays that he likes to run unlike when he approached Tomlin and Tomlin told him to shut up.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Was it Gase that had enough of Jai Ajayi in Miami...
Not putting in the time..
Not knowing the playbook....

And then jettisoning him out of Miami?

What's he think of Bells skipping Voluntary workouts so far.

Yes, then last year to not give Drake touches when he was clearly the LEAD back, with a ton of explosiveness, yet Gase split him with 49 year old Frank gore. Dude is weird...

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm 

This is Karma biting Bell in the ass!!! Honestly, if you were a Steeler fan who wants to see Bell get whats coming to him for his asinine behavior, it doesn't get much better than this!!!

So, yeah, the first two years of his contract, Bell has that signing bonus of $8 million, the 2019 base salary of $2 million, the 2020 base salary of $8.5 million, the 2019 roster bonus of $4.47 million and the 2020 roster bonus of $5 million all guaranteed. That adds up to the $27 million.

The Jets would have a dead cap hit of only $4 million in 2021 if they cut Bell.

That dead cap hit would only be $17 million in 2020. Now many might say, hey they would never cut Bell with that much of a dead cap hit but hey, look at how our team took on Brown's dead cap hit which was $22 million, don't tell me it isn't possible.

Especially if Bell has a terrible or merely average 2019 season? If Gase didn't want your ass to begin with? If he thought the GM paid you too much damn money??

You want to know how bad the contract he signed really is? In 2021, the GM had a Reporting Bonus of $3 million if Bell shows up for training camp!!!! :lol: :lol:

The GM knew that Bell would probably be a no show, year after year for training camp, for voluntary OTAs so he had to put incentives in there, dangle a $3 million bonus to entice Bell to show up for training camp!! :lol:

Anyway, I predict he is cut after two seasons. So, he turned up his nose at $14.544 million last season from the Steelers to play on the franchise tag and will only end up making $27 million from the Jets and then be cut and be 29 years old looking to play for his 3rd NFL team.

But he could have signed that original $60-70 million contract from the Steelers and probably played the entire contract and gotten all of that money. And with Conner he could have had a RB to take some of the load and wear and tear off of him, if that was really important to him.. :roll:

That phrase, 'spite the nose on your own face', in the future, people will do a google search on that and it will show Leveon Bell's face and then explain his contract situation and how he chose poorly. And for what? For some misguided notion of helping RBs everywhere? For fighting the man, the system, the NFL and the whole franchise tag game?? For some social justice bullshit?? Get Woke go Broke.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 pm 

The phrase is "cut off your nose to spite your face", which is pretty gross now that I think about it.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:22 pm 

holy shit is L Bell a dumb motherfucker. His answers in that interview are hilarious. wow.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 am 

franco32 wrote:
Gase is smart. You don't tie up too many resources in RB in this league.

What’s that make the 3 Stooges (Art2, KC, Tommy Boy)?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:50 am 

Well, Gase is not that smart because he is stuck with Bell and that contract. And Suwannee, 3 Stooges? The Steelers did not sign Bell, to me they look pretty smart moving on and having a RB by committee approach with a 3rd, 4th and 5th round pick.

I pointed this out a couple months ago, the production we got out of Conner/Samuels for 2018 was greater than what we got out of Bell in 2017. More explosive plays over 20+ yards and more TDs, 16 TDs to Bell's 11 TDs.

The biggest difference? The combined cap hit of Conner/Samuels last season was one/tenth, 10% of Bell's $12.1 million cap hit that he played under for 2017. Conner and Jaysam outperformed Bell from the year before at 10% of the cost. How does that make Art, KC, Tomlin in anyway the 3 Stooges?? They look like geniuses to me!!! They came close to making a huge mistake but they did not make that mistake and it has worked out perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 am 

They will always be 3 stooges to me, just for wasting most of Roethlisberger’‘s career.

ArtDay2 is the biggest Stooge by far. He sets the Titanic tone. Slow to move, patience and persistent patience at all costs. Zero sense of urgency . Low risk meter. All the time letting New England destroy them and his Dad’s legacy without a fight.

If it were up to him, both those guys would be locked to long term deals at a premium spend, no doubt in my mind. He just happened to be dealing with two delusional sociopaths who met his match.

I wonder how many 1’s Belichick and the massage maestro get out of that exact situation?

I’ve been in show me state for years with this team. Zero expectations.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:25 am 

Scunge wrote:
Well, Gase is not that smart because he is stuck with Bell and that contract. And Suwannee, 3 Stooges? The Steelers did not sign Bell, to me they look pretty smart moving on and having a RB by committee approach with a 3rd, 4th and 5th round pick.

I pointed this out a couple months ago, the production we got out of Conner/Samuels for 2018 was greater than what we got out of Bell in 2017. More explosive plays over 20+ yards and more TDs, 16 TDs to Bell's 11 TDs.

The biggest difference? The combined cap hit of Conner/Samuels last season was one/tenth, 10% of Bell's $12.1 million cap hit that he played under for 2017. Conner and Jaysam outperformed Bell from the year before at 10% of the cost. How does that make Art, KC, Tomlin in anyway the 3 Stooges?? They look like geniuses to me!!! They came close to making a huge mistake but they did not make that mistake and it has worked out perfectly.

They tried like hell to re-sign Ole Lev...only Lev’s greed and stupidity saved them from themselves. If you want to call that “genius”, knock yourself out.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:35 am 

Agreed, the best we can do as Steelers fans is breathe a hearty sigh of relief and enjoy the bacon schaudenfraude burger with cheese. Revising history to make this into a case for the front office being somehow brilliant chess masters isn't one of our options.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 pm 

Scunge wrote:
This is Karma biting Bell in the ass!!! Honestly, if you were a Steeler fan who wants to see Bell get whats coming to him for his asinine behavior, it doesn't get much better than this!!!

So, yeah, the first two years of his contract, Bell has that signing bonus of $8 million, the 2019 base salary of $2 million, the 2020 base salary of $8.5 million, the 2019 roster bonus of $4.47 million and the 2020 roster bonus of $5 million all guaranteed. That adds up to the $27 million.

The Jets would have a dead cap hit of only $4 million in 2021 if they cut Bell.

That dead cap hit would only be $17 million in 2020. Now many might say, hey they would never cut Bell with that much of a dead cap hit but hey, look at how our team took on Brown's dead cap hit which was $22 million, don't tell me it isn't possible.

Especially if Bell has a terrible or merely average 2019 season? If Gase didn't want your ass to begin with? If he thought the GM paid you too much damn money??

You want to know how bad the contract he signed really is? In 2021, the GM had a Reporting Bonus of $3 million if Bell shows up for training camp!!!! :lol: :lol:

The GM knew that Bell would probably be a no show, year after year for training camp, for voluntary OTAs so he had to put incentives in there, dangle a $3 million bonus to entice Bell to show up for training camp!! :lol:

Anyway, I predict he is cut after two seasons. So, he turned up his nose at $14.544 million last season from the Steelers to play on the franchise tag and will only end up making $27 million from the Jets and then be cut and be 29 years old looking to play for his 3rd NFL team.

But he could have signed that original $60-70 million contract from the Steelers and probably played the entire contract and gotten all of that money. And with Conner he could have had a RB to take some of the load and wear and tear off of him, if that was really important to him.. :roll:

That phrase, 'spite the nose on your own face', in the future, people will do a google search on that and it will show Leveon Bell's face and then explain his contract situation and how he chose poorly. And for what? For some misguided notion of helping RBs everywhere? For fighting the man, the system, the NFL and the whole franchise tag game?? For some social justice bullshit?? Get Woke go Broke.

Perfect "Exhibit A" of how a monster ego can be so tragically self destructive!

Mike Tomlin, and his need to feed these egos almost as much as he feeds his own, really should take note...

Won't hold my breath, though... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:19 pm 

Ice wrote:
Agreed, the best we can do as Steelers fans is breathe a hearty sigh of relief and enjoy the bacon schaudenfraude burger with cheese. Revising history to make this into a case for the front office being somehow brilliant chess masters isn't one of our options.

Yeah, great schaudenfraude when we lose arguably the game's best running back AND receiver, and left with the same pair of dumbfucks owning and coaching the team.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Ice wrote:

Yeah, great schaudenfraude when we lose arguably the game's best running back AND receiver, and left with the same pair of dumbfucks owning and coaching the team.

And yet we'll still have a better season than last.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next