It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ben extension info
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 pm 

If we're just looking at it like 'you get what you pay for' then you have to admit that although trenches [Oline/Dline] are well paid they do produce according to their monetary value. Now if we're looking at it the same way but instead of the trenches we select Corner, LB'er and safety then you have to wonder what the hell happened? I don't get how LB'er can be so high? VWill and Dupree are the real money makers and then there's everyone else. Corner, I can see with Haden's contract and now Steven Nelson... Hopefully we'll see some production matching the monetary value. Safety are young players at the position. Same as WR and RB. I think the player value already exceeds the monetary value when accounting RB and WR. Both very young squads. When you look overall where the Steelers are when compared with the rest of the league [22nd] you wonder why all those teams that have spent more aren't wondering the same thing? Where are my returns on all those 10's of Millions?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 am 

Quote:
VWill and Dupree are the real money makers and then there's everyone else.

There is another 1st rounder opposite Dupree getting paid as well.

And these dollars aren’t even counting all the money paid to those defensive draft picks that ended up being duds.

The Barnaby Jones of the world and never ending revolving door of failed DB picks.

This staff has been given lots of resources and thus far have not delivered sufficient return.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:44 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
There's a football truism that I know is true but I've lost track of it over the past few years: when the team is close, their chances of doing something special with the season are greatly increased. When that tightness transcends positions and sides of the football... you've got a chance to do something really special. Walking off the field in Cincinnati after that playoff win was the last time I thought the team had that kind of vibe. Before that, 2008. 2005. 2004. 2001. Those were some good teams, judged more by what they did collectively than what any individual did.

I'm getting that feeling about this year. Couple of loose ends but this team is going to be a whole lot more close-knit than it's been in a while.

I’ve long said that camaraderie and closeness of the group isn’t given enough credit. I was not surprised when all the garbage started pouring out about how bad this teams chemistry was this last year. Many of us here pointed to how the talent was there but they just seemed “off”. Maybe it’s timing, Ben not practicing etc etc etc. I truly believe the sole culprit of our demise last season was the cancer in the locker room. The spoiled stupid fuck Bell sitting out causing a distraction in the media and AB.

Remember Jerome took the needle and couldn’t play in that playoff game? Afterwards watching Hines and company talk about how they wanted to win for him.

Remember Smitty strapping on the helmet and going to work while his child and family was fighting ALL Lukemia?

Those things galvanized our team and is a huge reason they were close and it put this team over the top.

Miami hurricane where the players sat in hallways bonding.

I’m sure I’m forgetting many. My point is Bell is gone and hopefully only a JETS media issue. Mr. Big chest or stupid fuck #2, the gigantic cancer he was is finally gone. This shit they went thru is going to galvanize the his team.

Good things are happening in his year. Good things.

I’ve been on record and I stand by it, this team is going on a kick your ass tour and are going to thumb their noses to both said fucks above for quitting on this team.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 am 

Watt is still on his rookie contract. I'm sure they'll elect to give him the 5th year option as they work out his C2. That's what I meant. Chickillo isn't getting very much money. The 3 LB'ers with bigger numbers on the books are Barron, VWill and Dupree. Forgot Barron in these figures yesterday. My Bad.

So there's 6 Steelers LB'ers making substantial money. Dupree accounts for $9.232 Mil being the highest paid LB'er only being out done cap hit wise by Haden, DeCastro, Tuitt, Heyward and Roethlisberger entering 2019. Barron is in second and accounts for $3.875 Mil, VWill accounts for $3.866 Mil and then there's Bush who accounts for $3.431 Mil. Following Bush is Watt and then Chickillo.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/pittsburgh-steelers/

After looking at those numbers you see the Steelers have invested heavily in the OLine. 3 different players being paid in the top 10. What I don't understand is why Boswell is the 10th highest salary on the team? $4.20 Mil? Really? Now I agree there hasn't been any notable return on this contract. Perhaps Boswell rebounds this season? Quite the gamble though with $4.20 Mil on the line.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:54 pm 

Quote:
@LarmourLogan
So blessed/honored to have some of the best athletes in the world, practice on a track myself & @Justinrmiller12 helped create! It was fun turning our recreation field into what members now call “Heinz Field - South” Thanks @_BigBen7 for trusting us to get the job done! #Steelers
https://twitter.com/LarmourLogan/status ... mates-news

Quote:
BigBen7.com

Verified account
Replying to @LarmourLogan @Justinrmiller12
All the guys loved and appreciated the way you turned that field into "Heinz Field South"! So amazing. We loved being able to get good work in. Thank you both for the hard work that you put into it! -- Ben. https://twitter.com/_BigBen7/status/112 ... mates-news

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:46 pm 

Turf looks better than Heinz Field North... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:42 pm 

Is that the field with the hole in it?

TD:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
There's a football truism that I know is true but I've lost track of it over the past few years: when the team is close, their chances of doing something special with the season are greatly increased. When that tightness transcends positions and sides of the football... you've got a chance to do something really special. Walking off the field in Cincinnati after that playoff win was the last time I thought the team had that kind of vibe. Before that, 2008. 2005. 2004. 2001. Those were some good teams, judged more by what they did collectively than what any individual did.

I'm getting that feeling about this year. Couple of loose ends but this team is going to be a whole lot more close-knit than it's been in a while.

I’ve long said that camaraderie and closeness of the group isn’t given enough credit. I was not surprised when all the garbage started pouring out about how bad this teams chemistry was this last year. Many of us here pointed to how the talent was there but they just seemed “off”. Maybe it’s timing, Ben not practicing etc etc etc. I truly believe the sole culprit of our demise last season was the cancer in the locker room. The spoiled stupid fuck Bell sitting out causing a distraction in the media and AB.

Remember Jerome took the needle and couldn’t play in that playoff game? Afterwards watching Hines and company talk about how they wanted to win for him.

Remember Smitty strapping on the helmet and going to work while his child and family was fighting ALL Lukemia?

Those things galvanized our team and is a huge reason they were close and it put this team over the top.

Miami hurricane where the players sat in hallways bonding.

I’m sure I’m forgetting many. My point is Bell is gone and hopefully only a JETS media issue. Mr. Big chest or stupid fuck #2, the gigantic cancer he was is finally gone. This shit they went thru is going to galvanize the his team.

Good things are happening in his year. Good things.

I’ve been on record and I stand by it, this team is going on a kick your ass tour and are going to thumb their noses to both said fucks above for quitting on this team.

Fully agree that teammates who are close tend to fight harder overall.

Some people think this is a game of Madden, that there ISN"T a personal side to their jobs...that's a bunch of BS.

I'll take Bell and Brown in a video game, but in real life they'll never win anything team related.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am 

FC, you ever played golf at Reynolds Plantation? My brother and I almost played on our way back to Atlanta after the Masters. Looks like a nice resort.

That field is dope!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 pm 

Quote:
The Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger have agreed on a new three-year, $80 million contract that makes him among the highest paid players in the NFL.

Roethlisberger received a signing bonus of $37.5 million and $30 million in injury guarantees through the life of the deal.

The Steelers made the official announcement Wednesday — 15 years to the day since they drafted Roethlisberger with the 11th overall pick in 2004.

“It has always been a goal to play my entire career in Pittsburgh,” Roethlisberger said in a statement. “This is home for me and my family and we love this city. I am as excited in year 16 to be a Steeler as I was when they drafted me.”

Roethlisberger, 37, had one more year on the contract he signed in 2015 that would pay him $12 million ($5 million guaranteed) in salary and count $23.2 million against the salary cap in 2019. Effectively, the new deal means Roethlisberger will average $34 million in the final two years — slightly below the monster deal Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson signed last week that averages $35 million per year, highest in the NFL.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 1904240102

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:05 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
The Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger have agreed on a new three-year, $80 million contract that makes him among the highest paid players in the NFL.

Roethlisberger received a signing bonus of $37.5 million and $30 million in injury guarantees through the life of the deal.

The Steelers made the official announcement Wednesday — 15 years to the day since they drafted Roethlisberger with the 11th overall pick in 2004.

“It has always been a goal to play my entire career in Pittsburgh,” Roethlisberger said in a statement. “This is home for me and my family and we love this city. I am as excited in year 16 to be a Steeler as I was when they drafted me.”

Roethlisberger, 37, had one more year on the contract he signed in 2015 that would pay him $12 million ($5 million guaranteed) in salary and count $23.2 million against the salary cap in 2019. Effectively, the new deal means Roethlisberger will average $34 million in the final two years — slightly below the monster deal Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson signed last week that averages $35 million per year, highest in the NFL.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 1904240102

Holy smokes. That must be what prompted Ben to get back down to GA and celebrate w/ the gray.

TD:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm 

Brown's reply to Ben's apology today was classy.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm 

Quote:
Reynolds Plantation

Yeah my parents and in laws had there 50th Anniversary celebrations at the Ritz Carlton we made a 3 day weekend out of it. The courses are pretty freaking sick.

I played the Landing Course and the National....Both are challenging.

I plan on playing the Oconee in about a month...Visually its supposed to be majestic

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.