It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: 3rd round pick 66 Dionte Johnson WR Toledo
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Someone should just change his posting handle to Pvt Hudson. Jesus Christ.

:D

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:48 pm 

steel wrote:
Obviously wrote:
We're going to rue the day the Steelers chose this guy over Kelvin Harmon. Book it.

"this guy" meaning who?

I think we chose about 17 guys over Harmon -

Including Isiah Fucking Buggs LOL

i mean, the entire NFL thought this guy was shit - he almost ended up a UDFA (and probably would've been better off that way than where he ended up getting drafted)

Says the fucking cabbagehead who thinks the Charlie Morton trade with the Braves was the greatest trade in the history of major league baseball. The fucking oracle of Steelerfury who goes to the library and reads books which makes me wonder why reading comprehension isn't your strong suit - this guy meaning the subject of thread, Dionte Johnson, you nimrod.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:50 pm 

TB wrote:
Obviously wrote:
We're going to rue the day the Steelers chose this guy over Kelvin Harmon. Book it.

Although we're still waiting to rue the day we passed/missed out on:

Karl Joseph
David Njoku
Obi Melifonwu
Jordan Willis
Andrew Billings
Shaquill Griffin
Paxton Lynch
Robert Aguayo
Darian Thompson
Tyler Higbee
Spencer Drango
Shane Ray
Dorial Green-Beckham
Eric Rowe
Maxx Williams
Owa Odighizuwa
DeAndre Smelter
Louis Nix III
Kelvin Benjamin
Calvin Pryor
Justin Gilbert
Stanley Jean-Baptiste

And God knows how many others... *perspective*

Talk to B2B about those guys. I never said shit about them.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 am 

Just pointing out the futility of saying we’ll rue the day passing up on a sixth rounder. It’s bold enough acting like we know how a first rounder will turn out when at best you’re flipping a coin, let alone a day 3 guy.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:25 pm 

"Rue the day" 6th rounders don't come around every year. AB (maybe not so much, anymore), Tom Brady. Not the longest list in the last decade or more. I'm probably missing a laundry list of serviceable pros here, but superstars? Maybe Kelvin Harmon will be the next one, but the odds don't favor it.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:53 pm 

He's no kelvin Benjamin.

TD: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 am 

Anyone know what caused Harmon to drop to the sixth round? Just about every mock I saw prior to the draft had him going in the second or third round.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 am 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Anyone know what caused Harmon to drop to the sixth round? Just about every mock I saw prior to the draft had him going in the second or third round.

I was shocked and a tad bit humiliated when he fell

Things I know

4.60 40-yard dash and he finished in the 21st percentile in SPARQ scoring

What has been rumored

A degenerative knee condition.

I have no clue..I wish the Steelers picked him. I think he has a very good NFL skill set and is going to be a helluva player

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 am 

He lit up some really good CBs. Neither Jimmy Moreland or Rashard Robinson (one got drafted ahead of Harmon, the other will be a mid round pick next year) could hang with Harmon in the game I saw this year.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:08 am 

Well, considering that we have one of his former team mates in Jaylin Samuels and one of his former coaches in Eddie Faulkner, maybe the Steelers had some inside info on Harmon and that is why they passed him over.

Some of the comparisons I saw mentioned him being like Mohammed Sanu. Really?? So, not really dynamic enough to do anything down the field, or outside, looks strictly like a guy you dump passes off to short. We already have a dynamic WR in JuJu who can take short passes in the slot and rip them off for long gains. I just have a hard time understanding where a Harmon fits in our offense.

You look at all of the WRs that we have right now, you can see that each brings something to the room. Donte Moncrief? A big bodied WR who has that 4.4 speed to burn you deep. I can see Ben hooking up with him for 8 TDs this year. JuJu? Can line up anywhere, inside, out and just dominate. Johnson? He can line up inside, out and he is slippery to beat press, with him some of the things that we used to do with Brown are still viable in this offense. If you were to try and use Eli Rogers like Brown that is not going to work, with Johnson, yes, you can run some of those plays and routes. Washington? Yeah, maybe the most enigmatic of our WRs right now, but I have faith in him and he will probably develop into a quality #2 who can do everything, not just a one trick pony deep threat.

Harmon though? In this offense? I just don't get where the fit was or who he was going to replace or supplant for playing time.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am 

How this pick pans out is the barometer for this draft for me. I just think there was a lot of (apparent) talent left on the board when they picked DJ, we obviously don’t know if any of these guys will turn into legit NFL talent, but I hope they picked the right WR. Seems like a good kid that wants to kick some ass. That’s a good start.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:29 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Well, considering that we have one of his former team mates in Jaylin Samuels and one of his former coaches in Eddie Faulkner, maybe the Steelers had some inside info on Harmon and that is why they passed him over.

Some of the comparisons I saw mentioned him being like Mohammed Sanu. Really?? So, not really dynamic enough to do anything down the field, or outside, looks strictly like a guy you dump passes off to short. We already have a dynamic WR in JuJu who can take short passes in the slot and rip them off for long gains. I just have a hard time understanding where a Harmon fits in our offense.

You look at all of the WRs that we have right now, you can see that each brings something to the room. Donte Moncrief? A big bodied WR who has that 4.4 speed to burn you deep. I can see Ben hooking up with him for 8 TDs this year. JuJu? Can line up anywhere, inside, out and just dominate. Johnson? He can line up inside, out and he is slippery to beat press, with him some of the things that we used to do with Brown are still viable in this offense. If you were to try and use Eli Rogers like Brown that is not going to work, with Johnson, yes, you can run some of those plays and routes. Washington? Yeah, maybe the most enigmatic of our WRs right now, but I have faith in him and he will probably develop into a quality #2 who can do everything, not just a one trick pony deep threat.

Harmon though? In this offense? I just don't get where the fit was or who he was going to replace or supplant for playing time.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-the-overlooked-kelvin-harmon-brings-substance-over-flash-to-the-2019-wr-class/

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:49 pm 

FC wrote:
Scunge wrote:

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-the-overlooked-kelvin-harmon-brings-substance-over-flash-to-the-2019-wr-class/

His play style reminds me of Jarvis Landry, although I do think he may struggle beating press.

Out of all the WR prospects I watched pre draft this year Johnson and JJ Arcega-Whiteside were the only two stuck out to me as far as beating press coverage goes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5