It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: When Camp opens can we see?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:46 pm 

FC wrote:
Keisel may be washed up.

Harrison would start over either OLB for the Steelers most likely.

Worilds is softer than baby shit and Jarvis Jones lets just say I am not overly impressed so far.

Piss Carter and Zumwalt are at risk if Deebo comes back

Williams Arnfelt and Mauro at risk of a spot with Beard back on the squad.

If Deebo comes back and Piss or Moats are kicked to the curb I could care less. Id rather give young talent a chance to mature.
With Kiesel, who is a favorite of mine, there could be a problem getting two of the young DEs on the PS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:12 pm 

The young guys still have plenty to prove to get a full time position and agree we have see 2 DL on the PS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:09 am 

Barring injury I don't believe we see Keisel in a Steelers uniform ever again. Deebo could be another story. Carter is in his last year of his rookie contract. This being a "what have you done for me lately" founded league I can see Carter playing backup depth and gone next year. So'oto and Moats could very well push him off the roster completely too. Camp/preseason will be very interesting this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:21 am 
I think both of them could play significant snaps. I'm not banking on Cam Jelly and the rook Tuitt to be up to Kiesal or Hood. Tuitt looks more ready then most but it's a major leap and might be more then a season until he hits his stride. Deebo might win either ILB or OLB if signed and allowed to compete.

But I'm much higher on Woirlds then many here...but dinged to much is a concern. It's kind of funny that there are a bunch of post season guys here that also think both OLBs fail miserably...if that happens we are likely 6-10.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:37 am 

Zivco wrote:
But I'm much higher on Woirlds then many here...but dinged to much is a concern. It's kind of funny that there are a bunch of post season guys here that also think both OLBs fail miserably...if that happens we are likely 6-10.
maybe I'm misinterpreting what you say here.

but my expectations for our OLBs aren't that high, and I have high hopes for this defense, so maybe I'm the type of guy you refer to.

however, 'fail' is not the word I'd use. I don't expect Jones to rack up many sacks, but I don't think he needs to for this team to do well. People have distorted expectations for 3-4 olbs around here. Last season, there were 8 3-4 OLBs league wide who racked up double digit sacks. Our Steelers have in recent history been blessed with 2 such edge guys for an extended run. That's great when it happens, but that's not how the 3-4 normally succeeds. In 2004, our leading olb totaled 7 sacks. Did our OLBs 'fail'?

I think Jones can aspire to be Clark Haggans. Haggans never totaled 10 sacks; hoping your 1st rounder can be clark haggans is kind of a downer. At the same time, if prime Clark Haggans is the weak link in your lineup, you should expect to finish the season holding up a Lombardi.

Worilds I think 60/40 is a 10 sack guy this season. That alone, if it materializes, puts us ahead of a lot of teams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 am 

I hope all you guys are right about Worlids he is playing for a contract.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:08 am 
mick wrote:
but my expectations for our OLBs aren't that high, and I have high hopes for this defense, so maybe I'm the type of guy you refer to.

I think we have to get pressure with 4 and 5 rushers or it is a long season. I don't think we failed in 2004...but then that was the 1 defense in the NFL with the momentum of a franchise QB on board. We are something like 21 vs the run and if we have to scheme 6 rushers to get pressure it's going to be more mediocrity. Heyward, Woirlds, and Jones must be able to win one on one match ups or it's big problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
They're both finished. Time to move on, get younger. Rip off the band aid.

Even though I am Old Fashioned, I'm with the Rummy on this one. Time for the Steelers to be younger and faster. As much as you'd like people to fear the beard, the truth of the matter is Keisel is done and has been done for a while now.

Staying old has been the biggest problem the Steelers have encountered the past two seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 am 
Blubber gut cam is slower then BK...Tuitt is likely as well. Ummkay, I'll take Carter over Deebo as well... :lol:

Some of the youth assumptions make me laugh my ass off. We were bottom third rush d...we were the smallest defense in the NFL on a per snap basis last year....that's the biggest problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:17 pm 

Young does not mean better the top guys Arfeldt and Williams have proven Nothing at this point no depth whatsoever.