It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cortez Allen
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:37 am 

cap savings of $5,631,000 if Allen is cut after June 1 and before he earns his $3M roster bonus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:08 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
On the positive end....he had damn near perfect coverage on that 3rd & 11, had the receiver pinned to the sideline. It took an absolutely perfect fuckin' throw from Luck to complete that ball. And....he did make a nice play to deflect a pass that had 6 points written on it.

I think the kid will come around. I really do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 am 

R S wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
On the positive end....he had damn near perfect coverage on that 3rd & 11, had the receiver pinned to the sideline. It took an absolutely perfect fuckin' throw from Luck to complete that ball. And....he did make a nice play to deflect a pass that had 6 points written on it.

I think the kid will come around. I really do.

I don't see Tez look for the ball....hardly ever. That is disturbing. Right now, let McCain and Blake play. Cannot be any worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:14 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
cap savings of $5,631,000 if Allen is cut after June 1 and before he earns his $3M roster bonus.

Thanks B2B --

Looks like we have a good "out" on this deal if he can't get his shit together.

We should not hesitate to cut his ass after June 1 -- cap ramifications won't stop us, thank god

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:50 pm 

I said months ago that Allen is a JAG. He is the worst corner that gets playing time, and they extend him. They panicked and now they are stuck with this bum for at least 2 more seasons.
They better draft 2 corners in the first 4 rounds this draft.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:59 pm 

He was awful and may need to see some pine but im not ready yet to give up on hi. You can see he has the physical skills. I really believe at somepoint light will go on for him. A good start would be to turn around and find the ball, too often hes in great position but simply has zero clue where the ball is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:27 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I pray that if he doesn't make a complete turn around they cut him, and don't waste that kind of money on a position of dire need. If he is still sucking cut Him, pay a FA and draft 2 corners in the top four picks in the draft. 1,and 3, or 2, and 3.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:43 pm 

I'll be shocked if Cortez gets cut during the offseason. They'll hold onto him for another season in the hopes that he gets his shit together. Book it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:47 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I'll be shocked if Cortez gets cut during the offseason. They'll hold onto him for another season in the hopes that he gets his shit together. Book it.

I'm fine with him serving the secondary Gatorade this weekend as opposed to stepping onto the field. He was the Colts MVP.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:23 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Ummm -- I would NOT book it --

If Cortez doesn't turn his shit around THIS YEAR, he is GONE NEXT YEAR
(assuming B2B is right about cap hit) --

Book THAT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next