It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:29 pm 

I think the defense already shocked us yesterday...if Cortez Allen make a just a couple of plays we completely layed a smack down on the colts...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:49 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Very classy move on Ikes part. So is purple the color for domestic violence?? I did not know that.

Gay is a very humble, great guy. And that TD dance was pure gold. Was that a deer prance? I thought Keisel was about to start a conga line behind him. :lol:

haha I never noticed Keiesel starting to dance as well.

It was on the point of being a flag for Kiesel joining in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:52 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Nice job perch..........
more stats by our non-stat orientated leader..........

Quote:
His 10.7 yards per attempt is now the highest for a quarterback with that many attempts, knocking off the New York Giants' Eli Manning, who threw for 10.0 yards per attempt in a shootout with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in September, 2012

Quote:
His 81.6 completion percentage is the highest in a game when throwing the ball 49 times or more, besting former Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub's mark of 78.2 percent, set in an overtime victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars two years ago

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/week-8-wrap-steelers-have-horses-to-keep-up-with-the-best-after-all/ar-BBbqmgk

Thank God, Schaub doesnt deserve any records, unless they are negative in nature.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:55 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Nice job perch..........
more stats by our non-stat orientated leader..........

Quote:
His 10.7 yards per attempt is now the highest for a quarterback with that many attempts, knocking off the New York Giants' Eli Manning, who threw for 10.0 yards per attempt in a shootout with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in September, 2012

Quote:
His 81.6 completion percentage is the highest in a game when throwing the ball 49 times or more, besting former Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub's mark of 78.2 percent, set in an overtime victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars two years ago

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/week-8-wrap-steelers-have-horses-to-keep-up-with-the-best-after-all/ar-BBbqmgk

Thank God, Schaub doesnt deserve any records, unless they are negative in nature.

He's second on the single-game passing list, five yards ahead of Ben, as a result of the same game referenced for his completion percentage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
It was on the point of being a flag for Kiesel joining in.

3 weeks ago Keisel joins in and it's a flag....coaching, I suppose :o

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Great write up. Key next week is stopping Mcphee, Suggs and Dumervil. It wont be easy. If they can that secondary is far worse than the Colts…Ben gets any time he should shred that secondary they cant cover anyone. Bryant needs to be on the field early and often to go after that secondary depth it truly stinks. Ladrius Webb looks a shell of the player he was, Elam hasnt progressed at all, Will Hill is decent, Franks is a street FA, Chkyie Brown is godawful. Have to have to give Ben time.

The way I saw it Ben didn't really have tons of time. In fact I'm not seeing Pey Pey getting tons of time either. I dint think a lot of QBs get tons of time to majestically survey the field like Brady used to. Ben is on schedule and expecting the receivers to be where they are supposed to be.

IOWs Ben made the OL look good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:25 pm 

This reply might get lost, but if anybody is still following this thread . . .

I was busy this last week and was attending a wedding at 4:30 pm on sunday, so needless to say I missed the entirety of the game.

Great win, BB was great, but what was the overall game like?

They gave up 34 points and from the highlights I saw, some big plays.

Can someone give me an accurate impression of real game time thoughts?

I know the offense kicked some ass, but how did the defense do? did they get some timely 3 and outs or did they give up stupid plays and make dumb mistakes? I understand the d line did well, but what about the d backs? Did the offense score lots of points because the defense couldn't stop luck or . . . ??

Still trying to get a handle on how the game went, and whether I should get excited or think this is just a one time deal.

Thanks, and GO steelers!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7