It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Magnificent win today, will mean nothing with a loss to
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:26 pm 

I agree Ytown. Like the cheap shot the colt OLB took on Ben yesterday and it wasn't flagged. Second one this season. The first was from a rat LB'er in their first meeting. I realize it was deemed legal but the guy lead into Ben's chest with the crown of the helmet. How many times has one of our LB'ers been called/penalized/fined for that and then labeled "dirty players" to boot. C'Mon Man!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:34 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
That's good news. As far as CBs go...no way in hell I put Cortez on Steve Smith.

How do we matchup our corners? Not sure who is fast enough to stay with Torrey Smith.

Cortez should sit the entire game against the Rats...except one play.....My most evil personality says put him on Torrey Smith and tell him to knock his head off; helmet to helmet, flying leap, targeting, whatever.......Tez gets thrown out (he would have been on the bench all day anyway) & fined (have everyone pitch in to pay it) and we get one 15 yard penatly - fair trade to get him out of there. Smith had a concussion yesterday so as the old HS cheer goes "Hit 'em again, Hit 'em again, harder, harder"

Of course that my evil personality and I would never wish for an injury............. maybe ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:53 pm 

If Cortez makes a couple of plays yesterday, wed be talking about the defense a lot differently today. Defense played a hell of a game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:30 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Torrey Smith was MIA yesterday with Zero catches the entire game. Want to see that happen Sunday Night too. ;)

The most receptions went to their unknown WR Campanaro 3 for 40 and smith sr. 3 for 35. They certainly haven't proven to be any sort of juggernaut IMO. Very beatable as I said last week.

I watched most of the game and S Smith got busted in the jaw, was not the same player afterwards and the Bengals could focus on Torrey.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:52 am 

presscoverage wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
If Cortez makes a couple of plays yesterday, wed be talking about the defense a lot differently today. Defense played a hell of a game.

He wasn't that bad Cortez, gotta give him confidence, little steps - crucial for a SB run :lol:

He was in position...he just didn't play the ball...looked scared to do so.

Didn't help him that Luck placed a couple of absolutely perfect passes right in to the receiver that Cortez had covered correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:02 am 

presscoverage wrote:
One thing I didn't like is the blitzing we had to do to get pressure, geez send 5-6-7 repeatedly all the time and the Brady's and Manning's will shred us bad. Too much blitzing I thought, especially up the middle, if you don't get there your'e done!

We may not be able to get there with four, but too many yesterday. Coverage and pass rush work hand in hand.

Lebeau will convert back too his old cover 3 - 25 yard cushions and send 5 every play! :roll:

Yet, yesterday there was more man - even pressman at stages. :D

Didn't mind the blitzing...first of all, it went hand in hand with the agression on offense, and secondly, I figure LeBeau figured, I'm getting beat by being passive, so if I'm going to get beat anyway, better to get beat while giving my best punch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:20 am 

If they get to Flacco the way they got to Luck, it's going to be a longggggg day for the Rats. I'd expect 2-3 picks.