It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Fat Fuck Peter King...on Ben
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:30 am 

VanWilder wrote:
Could've sworn Ben said post game that he was supposed to hand it to Bell but kept it.

That's because he said it. I'm sure that'll be twisted into Ben covering for Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:37 am 

SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Ben has matured and carries himself very well.

Will be a sad day when this guy hangs 'em up for good. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of his career knowing we had greatness at QB.

The sad thing is, there are actual Steelers fans out there that think he sucks and want him traded.

To be fair, Justin Brown should be so much more at this point in his career if Ben really was doing his job...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:41 am 

SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Will be a sad day when this guy hangs 'em up for good. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of his career knowing we had greatness at QB.

The sad thing is, there are actual Steelers fans out there that think he sucks and want him traded.

Well they are going to be disappointed because Simms did make a good point and he should know because he said he hung it up when his sons high school buds could throw better than him.

Simms said Ben throws with such ease and has the kind of body that he can keep playing until he's forty and still make the throws that he makes.

I think Ben has one goal and that at least two more Lombardis to shove in TBs face. This is the prime of Ben's career and he has a long way to go.

EMR would be a total idiot to not resign him and not give him his protection and weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 am 

Fully Agreed edsal. LT and an athletic, huge catch radius TE short of a juggernaut TD scoring offensive machine. IMO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:49 am 

Weapons & protection are key...

Steelers brass looks at the league as it stands with all the high powered offenses and thinks, "we really need to load up on defense" when the thinking should be " we really need to provide Ben the tools to be one of those high powered offenses"...

With Bryant emerging the #1 and #1a targets for the offense needs to be a TE and another stud olineman...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:55 am 

VanWilder wrote:
Could've sworn Ben said post game that he was supposed to hand it to Bell but kept it.

Read option?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 pm 

OTs look a whole lot better when the field is spread, there's threat of actual PA, and the passing game gets into a rhythm-- pass rushers get tired, the blitzes are less exotic or taken away completely, pass blocking is a rhythm thing, too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:03 pm 

Thinking about what you just posted B2B that makes Adams contribution all that more impressive. To come in cold off the bench last week find the OLine groove and to come out this week consistently sustaining that groove.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 pm 

SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

I question those so-called fans' loyalty to the team. At the very least I question their sanity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:03 pm 
JackLambert58 wrote:
SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

I question those so-called fans' loyalty to the team. At the very least I question their sanity.

Me too.....unfortunately many of them post here

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:04 pm 

Several posters have convinced themselves there is a real chance Ben walks when the contract is up. Still not seeing it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:04 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Im still ticked off they didn't give him a chance to set a hallowed NFL record. 32 yards away, up multipe scores, that was exactly the time you try for a record of that magnitude. I have zero doubt the other 2 stat whores, Manning and Brady get the chance to go for it.

At first it didn't bother me with everything else he got....but now I wish he threw another pass or two.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:07 pm 

SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

He's a terrible punter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Several posters have convinced themselves there is a real chance Ben walks when the contract is up. Still not seeing it.

Only the ones that wear tinfoil hats and enjoy stirring shit up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:31 pm 

Luca Brasi wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Only the ones that wear tinfoil hats and enjoy stirring shit up.

Isnt your shift over. Let someone else watch the halls.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:27 pm 

but do the fans still think that Ben not a leader and should be traded.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:46 pm 

SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

No one thinks he sucks and wants him traded. Stop being a drama queen. Ben has his faults, and has had some really bad games and some really good games. To his credit he has fine tuned his game over the years quite a bit. He still isn't the most consistently accurate QB out there, but what he is is a play maker. That has also gotten him into trouble quite a bit while trying to make something out of nothing. Its also hard to adapt when your primary style is pretty much run around until someone gets open, but as I said, he has adapted quite a bit and because of it has some pretty stellar games. The trick is to get that Ben to show up every game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:57 pm 

Oh no, I very clearly remember posters calling to trade Ben.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 pm 

Naelae wrote:
SP wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

No one thinks he sucks and wants him traded. Stop being a drama queen. Ben has his faults, and has had some really bad games and some really good games. To his credit he has fine tuned his game over the years quite a bit. He still isn't the most consistently accurate QB out there, but what he is is a play maker. That has also gotten him into trouble quite a bit while trying to make something out of nothing. Its also hard to adapt when your primary style is pretty much run around until someone gets open, but as I said, he has adapted quite a bit and because of it has some pretty stellar games. The trick is to get that Ben to show up every game.

It's about opportunity.

Trick #1 is to have coaches that know how to use him in the vertical game toward the hashes away from the sideline.

Trick #2 is to give him pass protection to allow him to step into his throws in the vertical passing game.

Trick #3 is to add a player like bryant to the receiving game so he has open receivers to throw in the vertical game away from the sideline.

It's about opportunity. That is how you get consistency from a proven player.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 pm 

Naelae wrote:
No one thinks he sucks and wants him traded.

Not true. I just talked to a Steeler fan a couple days ago that said the Steelers need to get rid of Ben. It's not an aberration. These people actually do exist.