It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NFL Trade Deadline Tomorrow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 am 

The Pierogi wrote:
Kill Tomlin wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Will Johnson could be interesting returning kicks..........
faster than Blount.....just as big...if not bigger..........
what 190-200 lb gunner wants to run into him.......

I still think half the problem is our return team blocking...........no matter who has been back there.....coverage players are constantly inside the 20 or 15 by the time our guy is past the 5.....

Its not just a Steeler problem....its happening on many teams.......
as the rule changes continue to make it harder and harder to have successful returns.
and by successful.....i only mean getting the ball out to at least the 28-30 yard line....let alone to the 30-35

the kick off being pushed forward........
the wedge being eliminated or deminished.......

When was the last kick-off return for a TD? I don't recall any recently.

Antonio Brown's first NFL game, on a reverse from Mewelde Moore.

:? There's definitely something wrong with that. That should be unacceptable. That's just deplorable ST's history. Not even surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:39 am 

I, for one, liked Moye. He showed good football skills, was a good and able blocker, and played with heart. Why he didn't get more playing time is unknown to me. Please remember that our coaches often get enamored with players, as we do, and that dictates playing time. Honestly, if our offense wasn't struggling so bad the previous few games, do you honestly think we would see Bryant? I don't think so. I think he would still be riding the pine if it wasn't for the media and fans all over Tomlin's ass. Tomlin was basically forced to change things up to try and get a spark, otherwise, I don't think he would have made the decision to play Bryant on his own.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 am 

alancac98 wrote:
I, for one, liked Moye. He showed good football skills, was a good and able blocker, and played with heart. Why he didn't get more playing time is unknown to me. Please remember that our coaches often get enamored with players, as we do, and that dictates playing time. Honestly, if our offense wasn't struggling so bad the previous few games, do you honestly think we would see Bryant? I don't think so. I think he would still be riding the pine if it wasn't for the media and fans all over Tomlin's ass. Tomlin was basically forced to change things up to try and get a spark, otherwise, I don't think he would have made the decision to play Bryant on his own.

I did too. I feel like he wasn't afforded the time on the game day field to prove himself. He did play ST's as well. I can only speculate at this point why he wasn't afforded that time. Didn't practice well is what I come up with. I thought Moye was a better prospect than J Brown going back to last season when Moye actually made the active roster and Brown did not. Surprising that Moye was cut loose.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 pm 

alancac98 wrote:

Can we stop saying that the coaching staff is retarding this young mans growth? Bryants development was slowed by an AC joint injury late in preseason- not some mothballing by Tomlin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/29/martavis-bryant-has-an-ac-sprain-in-shoulder/

Additionally as a rookie Bryant requires a lot of study, timing and trust with Ben. You dont just get that off the street. The book on him was he was the most talented WR at Clemson. However he was so raw that he dropped to the 4th because of the lack of polish. So add it up. Injury+Coaching the Raw Out + Learning new system+ getting rapport with Ben= Week 6 playing time. Lets stop concerning ourselves with placing blame on the length of time of Bryants journey to where he is. Unless we are blaming Landry Jones for the pass that got him hurt.

According the article there was concern he would have been IR'd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

Can we stop saying that the coaching staff is retarding this young mans growth? Bryants development was slowed by an AC joint injury late in preseason- not some mothballing by Tomlin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/29/martavis-bryant-has-an-ac-sprain-in-shoulder/

Additionally as a rookie Bryant requires a lot of study, timing and trust with Ben. You dont just get that off the street. The book on him was he was the most talented WR at Clemson. However he was so raw that he dropped to the 4th because of the lack of polish. So add it up. Injury+Coaching the Raw Out + Learning new system+ getting rapport with Ben= Week 6 playing time. Lets stop concerning ourselves with placing blame on the length of time of Bryants journey to where he is. Unless we are blaming Landry Jones for the pass that got him hurt.

According the article there was concern he would have been IR'd.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:23 pm 

This is Bens take on Bryant's development early

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/18/ben-roethlisberger-martavis-bryant-needs-to-push-it-hard-on-every-single-play/

Quote:
In Bryant and Dri Archer, the Steelers have a couple of young offensive pieces that are different from what they’ve worked with in recent seasons. Archer made a big play with the first team against the Giants this month, but, per Roethlisberger, Bryant still has “to earn his way up into the first group” before he’ll have the chance to do the same.

He's earned it now lets enjoy the fact he is here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:14 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I believe Moye didn't do enough behind closed doors (practice) and was not allowed play time as a result. Moye showed flashes and happened to be a taller WR. Something everyone has believed to be one of the missing links for Ben and the offense.

I would say he wasn't the missing link for the OFFENSE. I believed he could be part of a red zone package that we consistently sucked at. That was my main beef