It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: God I would love to just curbstomp the Ravens on Sunday
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:42 pm 

Curb stomp would be cool...but just give me the win. All I want.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:17 pm 

Let's walk away with any type of victory

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:40 pm 

fortythree wrote:
I absolutely can see 42 points with Bell and Miller. Bell is the best back in the NFL, Miller is great when he's left wide open (lol). The Ravens can't shut down everyone on offense. Lance Moore and Markus Wheaton can make plays too.

Youre 100% right, Bell is the best back in the league. When you factor in Bell's position flexibility and ball security its not really even close. And yes Moore and Wheaton can make plays. Hopefully against the 4th and 5th best DBs the ravens have they should be stellar.

I just believe that any DC with common sense has seen all they need to see out of Bryant, Bell, and Brown to make sure they dont beat you in the passing game. They only way I see they can avoid getting into a scoring fest is by getting lots DBs on the field and ceeding the run on our side of the 50.

My long winded explanation was to say that the Ravens are going to try to slow the game down by daring us to run underneath all that coverage. I am sure they'll take 5 per rush over 10 per pass attempt all day. I really hope I am wrong. Like off by +20 points wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:46 pm 

Bell is having a great year. But he's not the best back in the league. DeMarco Murray is. He's gotten more carries yes, but he's scored a ton more TDs (7 vs 2).

This is what mediocrity looks like.

Last edited by SteelBack on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Curb stomp would be cool...but just give me the win. All I want.

Exactly right....21-20, 11-10 or 3 to fuckin' 2....any of those would be just fine with me; I'd be ecstatic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:

Amen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
Bell is having a great year. But he's not the best back in the league. DeMarco Murray is. He's gotten more carries yes, but he's scored a ton more TDs.

Only considering rushing I would agree. But when you factor in Bells other attributes and he doesnt put the ball on the carpet. You have to give him the nod. Not taking anything away from Murray but Dallas run blocking is some of the best I have seen. Murray isnt searching for holes because they are wide open.

Murray has 5 fumbles in good to fair weather. He can easily double that playing in December can't be the best if they dont give you the ball in crunch time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:59 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
SteelBack wrote:
Bell is having a great year. But he's not the best back in the league. DeMarco Murray is. He's gotten more carries yes, but he's scored a ton more TDs.

Only considering rushing I would agree. But when you factor in Bells other attributes and he doesnt put the ball on the carpet. You have to give him the nod. Not taking anything away from Murray but Dallas run blocking is some of the best I have seen. Murray isnt searching for holes because they are wide open.

Murray has 5 fumbles in good to fair weather. He can easily double that playing in December can't be the best if they dont give you the ball in crunch time.

had a sixth fumble on his last catch for a loss in OT on the last drive..........luckily it rolled out of bounds.....
the fumble inside the 5 yard line may have cost them the game........

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:02 pm 

also love how Tony Romo talked about how the turnovers hurt them during the press conference...................wonder if he had two picks he would have said that.
you neve hear Ben ppoint out things like that............
he probably protects his teammates more than any QB will do when talking to the press........

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:03 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
SteelBack wrote:

had a sixth fumble on his last catch for a loss in OT on the last drive..........luckily it rolled out of bounds.....
the fumble inside the 5 yard line may have cost them the game........

Yeah sorry man. I know that you had skin in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:08 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:

If we end up with the same record it could be Pyrrhic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:10 pm 

make no mistake tho..........
Murray is a special player..........
runs with power.....
picks and hits a hole with speed..
turns on the jets once in the open field........his break away speed may be the one thing he has over Bell.

Cowboys will have to pony up some big bucs........as both Murray and Dez are unrestricted FA's at seasons end.
they may sign one (Dez) and franchise another (Murray)...........as it probably makes more sense to franchise an injury prone RB for a another year as his carries pile up........a 27 year old RB may be peaking and a year away from a decline....while a 27 year old #1 WR is heading into his peak years.

Still stings that they brought Romo back into that game.........
He had no business getting thrown back in there...........after all that down time and walking off and back onto the field like he was walking on eggs..........
Weeden was doing fine....more mobile at that point and had moved the offense for a few scores.
I would bet the ranch dopey Jerruh went down to the field to tell Garret to put Tony Romo back in the game........
For all the face time Jerruh got....as well as giving him a headset to talk to America............where was the last Jerruh shot when the game was lost?

Do we reaaly need to start speaking with and interviewing owners during the game? Or will this be just a Jerruh thing............

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:13 pm 

Quote:
Yeah sorry man. I know that you had skin in the game.

No problem VS...........if im gonna get knocked out .........makes it a little easier to take when its the Boys getting beat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Do we reaaly need to start speaking with and interviewing owners during the game? Or will this be just a Jerruh thing............

We will never see that again because as soon as the interview was over Romo got hurt in a classic karma event. Basically the universe was saying STFU and just own the team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:26 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:

We will never see that again because as soon as the interview was over Romo got hurt in a classic karma event. Basically the universe was saying STFU and just own the team

Yup..............sure was some nice Karma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
fortythree wrote:
I absolutely can see 42 points with Bell and Miller. Bell is the best back in the NFL, Miller is great when he's left wide open (lol). The Ravens can't shut down everyone on offense. Lance Moore and Markus Wheaton can make plays too.

Youre 100% right, Bell is the best back in the league. When you factor in Bell's position flexibility and ball security its not really even close. And yes Moore and Wheaton can make plays. Hopefully against the 4th and 5th best DBs the ravens have they should be stellar.

I just believe that any DC with common sense has seen all they need to see out of Bryant, Bell, and Brown to make sure they dont beat you in the passing game. They only way I see they can avoid getting into a scoring fest is by getting lots DBs on the field and ceeding the run on our side of the 50.

My long winded explanation was to say that the Ravens are going to try to slow the game down by daring us to run underneath all that coverage. I am sure they'll take 5 per rush over 10 per pass attempt all day. I really hope I am wrong. Like off by +20 points wrong.

The beauty is that everyone in the entire world knows AB has to be shut down, but he is still getting his touches.

If the o line can just start doing what it did last Sunday at least 2/3 as well consistently, the offense is going to blow up. Keep Ben clean with these weapons and game over.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:40 pm 

The Ravens have a better pass rush than the Colts. The Ravens Dline beat the piss out of our Oline in the first matchup. I don't expect that to happen again, but I don't see us exploding again on offense. That Ravens D always plays us tough.

Remember, the Cleveland Dline and the Houston Dline beat the crap out of our Oline as well. I'm not jumping on the Oline's bandwagon quite yet. Don't get me wrong, I think Ben can hang some points on them, but our D better step up and play better or it will be a long day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:42 pm 

Elvis Dumervil chokeslammed Gilbert

This is what mediocrity looks like.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 pm 

Love to see another record setting day from the offense. Ben takes over for most passing yards 554+ in a game and throws 7 TD's this time. Another 50+ burger. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
Bell is having a great year. But he's not the best back in the league. DeMarco Murray is. He's gotten more carries yes, but he's scored a ton more TDs (7 vs 2).

Gotta disagree. I wouldn't trade Bell for any other back in this league right now. And I don't think that is my homerism talking.

Taking a poll of fans league wide. Murray might win that popularity contest on his stats. But you just can't cough up the ball like that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 pm 

The ravens deserve a good skull fucking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Yup..............sure was some nice Karma

Thanks for the vid, Stosh! Was worth sitting through the bizzare, blindfolded-knitting (?) Yoko parts to see a very young Alan White of Yes fame pounding out that unique drum pattern.

And as to the OP: Yes, please!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 am 

It can only happen if they stop the initial pass rush. If Ravens are forced to blitz Ben will destroy them. Colts bltized almost half the time and Ben destroyed them. The Ravens secondary without Jimmy Smith is far worse than Colts. Byrant, Wheaton, Moore, Miller will all get good match ups. I pray Ravens try to double AB with safety over the top. Ben saw that early and often v Colts and dismantled it with ease. It is all about Suggs, Mcphee and Dumervil. Chip, max protect what the fuck ever slow that pass rush down and Ben will get to them.

On D have to make Flacco read the game. He sucks on 3rd and 4th progressions. The pass rush will have a tough time but if PS blitz they will have to get there fast. I wish they had the pass rush of Bengals with 4 straight up, they dont.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Rip that unibrow off Flacco and keep it as a trophy!! :lol:

:lol: I like this idea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 am 

steelclan wrote:
It can only happen if they stop the initial pass rush. If Ravens are forced to blitz Ben will destroy them. Colts bltized almost half the time and Ben destroyed them. The Ravens secondary without Jimmy Smith is far worse than Colts. Byrant, Wheaton, Moore, Miller will all get good match ups. I pray Ravens try to double AB with safety over the top. Ben saw that early and often v Colts and dismantled it with ease. It is all about Suggs, Mcphee and Dumervil. Chip, max protect what the fuck ever slow that pass rush down and Ben will get to them.

On D have to make Flacco read the game. He sucks on 3rd and 4th progressions. The pass rush will have a tough time but if PS blitz they will have to get there fast. I wish they had the pass rush of Bengals with 4 straight up, they dont.

I'm going to keep saying it: you slow the rush and the blitz by spreading them out and planting the seed of uncertainty that you might run from spread. Potential pass rushers and run stoppers are farther away from the football, the defense can't disguise it coverage as well, and the defense has to wait and read more than attack.