It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Blandino on Luck safety....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:28 pm 

USS Steelerworks wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
so, can we agree once and for all that Mike Carey-- one of the longest-tenured and high profile NFL referees of all time-- doesn't know the fucking rules?

The Mike Carey experiment should already be over...the guy gets every call wrong (unlike Perreira) and looks frightened in front of the camera. He also talks way too much as the next play is going on. Complete and utter disaster...Simms and Nantz even have to wonder why the fuck CBS hired this guy.

The Mike Carey concept is a good one and IMO much needed during an NFL broadcast. With all the rules in the league now there needs to be some kind of transparency and someone explaining during a broadcast what is under review and what is being looked at. If I were the NFL though, I would actually have a live feed into the replay center in New York during a replay so the viewers could actually see what Blandino is looking at and why these decisions are being made in real time. For a long time respected referee to be openly disagreeing with how a replay is being viewed during a telecast is only adding confusion and anger to the fans watching the game. An after the fact when the game is over explanation doesn't do anything except cause more disagreement.

I agree that having a former ref is a good thing because they've seen it all. My complaint with Carey is:

1) He really struggles at forming a complete thought. He's just terrible in front of the camera. Compare him not Pereira and it's not even close.

2) His head just looks funny. He should forever have to wear a white hat.