It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Shazier play two games in a row this season?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:43 pm 

Luca Brasi wrote:
Welcome back, Zivco

IMO, no. Too polite and syntax too correct.

Edit: just spotted the "then" where "than" is required. :shock:

Last edited by Still Lit on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:45 pm 

And to everyone claiming I'm posting unfair picture comparisons, okay forget about the pictures. It is a fact that Shazier, right now, looks very small for a ILB. Maybe in a few years he'll look like Deebo. It's possible.

It's also a fact that he seems to be injury prone, which I believe is related to his slight build. When healthy he has looked good. I just hope he doesn't become the type of guy who is only healthy 10 games a season.

This is what mediocrity looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:47 pm 

Shazier looks bigger framed than Sean Spence but much smaller than Vince Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:05 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
No it wasn't. Timmons posted that pic a couple of years ago on Twitter.

He may have posted or reposted it a few years ago, but does that mean it was taken at that time? I don't think so, but open to seeing proof it was taken while he was in the NFL.

I guess NFL players never where shorts or tees of their college teams when working out in the offseason either.....they only have drawers full of the shit. :roll:

Lets see kindergarten photos of each....that will decide this once and for all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
Everyone keeps bringing up Farrior, who supposedly was only a few pounds over 200 pounds at the end of his career. Thick, robust frame...looks sturdy despite what his weight was. And if there is a player to exemplify durability over a long career it's Farrior.

Here's 234 pound Shazier looking like a DB. Notice his extremely thin, fragile looking limbs and narrow shoulders. This is what a small frame looks like. Don't be fooled by the weight on the stat sheet...as we all said with 240 pound James Farrior. The eyeball test is the most accurate way to assess someone's frame.

He looks like Mingo for the Browns. Mingo now only plays on pass coverage as he is to light to rush passer.
In this picture if you put number 24 on his jersey I would say that Ike is looking too thin :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm 

Shazier is a stick!

He can still increase his thickness but not by much.

His average frame would crumble under heavier muscle mass.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:36 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 pm 

Applicable size for a college backer.

Not so much for an NFL backer.

Little dude will get gobbled up taking on blocks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:51 pm 

You know who didn't do that much in their Rookie Year? Almost every Great Steeler not named Ben. Shaz is going to be a very good player for us imo. Yeah he ain't that big, but that speed is an asset on the field as we have already seen.

Troy, for example, had an unspectacular rookie year.
Kendrell Bell had a awesome rookie year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:57 pm 
:x Whats funny about this is Zivco TOLD EVERYONE his small frame
Wouldnt hold up and he was hammered for it......

Guess that nasty wasty mean ol Zivco was right....again :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:09 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
Welcome back, Zivco

Give it time...its him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:10 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
Welcome back, Zivco

Give it time...its him.

Who is Zivco?

VHilts is clearly STD.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:39 pm 

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:10 pm 

When Shazier got drafted it was a minority of posters that liked the pick. Then when we got to see Shaz play in games, he looked real good for a Rookie, a guy whose going to be even better when he figures out the D. So now its "injury prone/small frame", not "he sucks".

And so far he is getting injured, But when Shaz does play a long stretch of healthy games either this year or next, I think alot of guys will have no choice but to get on his bandwagon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 pm 

I wish people would remember how Shazier injured his knee against the panthers. I tried looking for the gif but couldn't find it.

The play was essentially over and an offensive lineman shoved Timmons, who was already down on one knee I think, into Shazier who just showed up at the end. His knee was hit by Timmons and was bent sideways as a result of a late block.

Anybody standing there with the exception of James Harrison, who has nylon ligaments, would have been injured.

Shazier's size or frame had absolutely nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:19 pm 

I'm not Zivco.

I've read this and really every other Steeler board for quite some time. I'm aware of who Zivco is and I think Zivco was one of the more football knowledgeable posters I've read on these boards and I share many of his positions. But I have no interest in commenting on legal or social issues tenuously related to football- which I would guess is why he is banned or whatever.

I'm not much for spelling and grammar and I really don't care for this speculation. If this turns into CSI grammar detectives as to my "true" identity everytime I make a grammatical or spelling error, or everytime I share an opinion with Zivco I'll join another board. It seems like most of this board realizes Shazier is frail for the position and has missed playing time on three occasions since contact started.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:36 pm 

New poster are you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:40 pm 

straightoutofClemson wrote:
I'm not Zivco.

I've read this and really every other Steeler board for quite some time. I'm aware of who Zivco is and I think Zivco was one of the more football knowledgeable posters I've read on these boards and I share many of his positions. But I have no interest in commenting on legal or social issues tenuously related to football- which I would guess is why he is banned or whatever.

I'm not much for spelling and grammar and I really don't care for this speculation. If this turns into CSI grammar detectives as to my "true" identity everytime I make a grammatical or spelling error, or everytime I share an opinion with Zivco I'll join another board. It seems like most of this board realizes Shazier is frail for the position and has missed playing time on three occasions since contact started.

I don't. I think his inexperience places him in bad positions, but dumb luck is something everybody ignores when pointing the blame to a narrow frame and being frail so that their view is supported. Look at the Troy injury. It was a dumb play and he suffered the consequences. He should have wrapped him up and he launched himself like a missile instead. Does that make him frail?

Same shit was thrown around for Pouncey yet every injury he had was because of someone else. Not his frame or his play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm 

[quote="COR-TEN"][quote="straightoutofClemson"]I'm not Zivco.

I'm not much for spelling and grammar and I really don't care for this speculation. If this turns into CSI grammar detectives as to my "true" identity everytime I make a grammatical or spelling error, or everytime I share an opinion with Zivco I'll join another board. It seems like most of this board realizes [b]Shazier is frail[/b] for the position and has missed playing time on three occasions since contact started.[/quote]

I don't. I think his inexperience places him in bad positions, but dumb luck is something everybody ignores when pointing the blame to a narrow frame and being frail so that their view is supported. Look at the Troy injury. It was a dumb play and he suffered the consequences. He should have wrapped him up and he launched himself like a missile instead. Does that make him frail?

Same shit was thrown around for Pouncey yet every injury he had was because of someone else. Not his frame or his play.[/quote]

Agree 100%

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 pm 

I'm not Zivco.

Cool. Hopefully you won't start pm'ing people calling them faggots and threatening to shoot them in the face :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:22 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Same shit was thrown around for Pouncey yet every injury he had was because of someone else. Not his frame or his play.

This has nothing to do with Pouncey. Or Troy. Both have substantial NFL playing histories and look the part for there positions. I don't think any of the injuries Shazier has sustained thus far are nearly as impactful or flukey as the injuries to Pouncey or Troy, although I did not see video of him being run over by Bell in camp. It's three seperate injuries over the course of half a season.

Luca Brasi wrote:
Cool. Hopefully you won't start pm'ing people calling them faggots and threatening to shoot them in the face

As I said I have read here for a while. I think you exist only to instigate bullshit. Have I given any sign that I cared to indulge in your sort of short bus dumbfuckery? I hope to read something football related from you eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

This has nothing to do with Pouncey. Or Troy. Both have substantial NFL playing histories and look the part for there positions. I don't think any of the injuries Shazier has sustained thus far are nearly as impactful or flukey as the injuries to Pouncey or Troy, although I did not see video of him being run over by Bell in camp. It's three seperate injuries over the course of half a season.

Luca Brasi wrote:
Cool. Hopefully you won't start pm'ing people calling them faggots and threatening to shoot them in the face

As I said I have read here for a while. I think you exist only to instigate bullshit. Have I given any sign that I cared to indulge in your sort of short bus dumbfuckery? I hope to read something football related from you eventually.

Yep, welcome back old pal Ziv.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:29 pm 

I'd like to see some medical or otherwise scientific evidence that possessing a "small frame" makes one more prone to ligament injury.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:03 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I'd like to see some medical or otherwise scientific evidence that possessing a "small frame" makes one more prone to ligament injury.

Because I once got in trouble for typing what you have in quotations above....actually banned for it, I will not use that term.

I also don't buy the frail player is susceptible to more ligament damage than a larger player.

I believe you get rolled up on, regardless of size, bad injuries typically result. It's bad luck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:03 pm 

It's amazing how much havoc Zivco managed to wreak around these parts in only a few months.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next