It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Shazier play two games in a row this season?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:22 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I don't. I think his inexperience places him in bad positions, but dumb luck is something everybody ignores when pointing the blame to a narrow frame and being frail so that their view is supported. Look at the Troy injury. It was a dumb play and he suffered the consequences. He should have wrapped him up and he launched himself like a missile instead. Does that make him frail?

Same shit was thrown around for Pouncey yet every injury he had was because of someone else. Not his frame or his play.

This has nothing to do with Pouncey. Or Troy. Both have substantial NFL playing histories and look the part for there positions. I don't think any of the injuries Shazier has sustained thus far are nearly as impactful or flukey as the injuries to Pouncey or Troy, although I did not see video of him being run over by Bell in camp. It's three seperate injuries over the course of half a season.

Luca Brasi wrote:
Cool. Hopefully you won't start pm'ing people calling them faggots and threatening to shoot them in the face

As I said I have read here for a while. I think you exist only to instigate bullshit. Have I given any sign that I cared to indulge in your sort of short bus dumbfuckery? I hope to read something football related from you eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 pm 

straightoutofClemson wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I don't. I think his inexperience places him in bad positions, but dumb luck is something everybody ignores when pointing the blame to a narrow frame and being frail so that their view is supported. Look at the Troy injury. It was a dumb play and he suffered the consequences. He should have wrapped him up and he launched himself like a missile instead. Does that make him frail?

Same shit was thrown around for Pouncey yet every injury he had was because of someone else. Not his frame or his play.

This has nothing to do with Pouncey. Or Troy. Both have substantial NFL playing histories and look the part for there positions. I don't think any of the injuries Shazier has sustained thus far are nearly as impactful or flukey as the injuries to Pouncey or Troy, although I did not see video of him being run over by Bell in camp. It's three seperate injuries over the course of half a season.

Luca Brasi wrote:
Cool. Hopefully you won't start pm'ing people calling them faggots and threatening to shoot them in the face

As I said I have read here for a while. I think you exist only to instigate bullshit. Have I given any sign that I cared to indulge in your sort of short bus dumbfuckery? I hope to read something football related from you eventually.

Yep, welcome back old pal Ziv.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:29 pm 

I'd like to see some medical or otherwise scientific evidence that possessing a "small frame" makes one more prone to ligament injury.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:03 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I'd like to see some medical or otherwise scientific evidence that possessing a "small frame" makes one more prone to ligament injury.

Because I once got in trouble for typing what you have in quotations above....actually banned for it, I will not use that term.

I also don't buy the frail player is susceptible to more ligament damage than a larger player.

I believe you get rolled up on, regardless of size, bad injuries typically result. It's bad luck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:03 pm 

It's amazing how much havoc Zivco managed to wreak around these parts in only a few months.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Because I once got in trouble for typing what you have in quotations above....actually banned for it, I will not use that term.

I also don't buy the frail player is susceptible to more ligament damage than a larger player.

I believe you get rolled up on, regardless of size, bad injuries typically result. It's bad luck.

I don't believe his brother is here any longer with powers to ban.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

If you're looking for a peer-reviewed study on the topic I don't think there's one out there.

It's common sense. Small framed means you have narrow shoulders and hips, small and thin bone structure. The size and thickness of ligaments and tendons are generally proportionate to the bone structure to which they attach. Sure, there are outlier small framed people with freakish thick and strong ligaments and tendons, but for most people body parts are well-proportioned.

This is what mediocrity looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:37 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

If you're looking for a peer-reviewed study on the topic I don't think there's one out there.

It's common sense. Small framed means you have narrow shoulders and hips, small and thin bone structure. The size and thickness of ligaments and tendons are generally proportionate to the bone structure to which they attach. Sure, there are outlier small framed people with freakish thick and strong ligaments and tendons, but for most people body parts are well-proportioned.

Is it common sense? I wonder that gymnasts and yoga freaks would sprain as easily as big, thick built people.

I don't have much invested in this and was only joking about demanding a medical study. I hope Shaz gets over the injury bug and starts producing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:54 pm 

I really don't care why Shazier is injured, I never related his fraility to injury. It's as simple as three seperate injuries, one of them to an ankle, not the knee in half a season. And he wasn't rolled up on with anywhere near the force Troy or Pouncey was. In fact, I don't think he immediately lost his balance.

Luca Brasi wrote:
Yep, welcome back old pal Ziv.

And the evidence against me is what? A single opinion and poor grammar? I really don't need the cloak and dagger bullshit. I'm not here to throw insults or become involved in the social issues many of you are so concerned with.

As a reader it was easy to recognize that there is one standard for trolling for those that worship Ben, hate Lebeau, Haley, then Tomlin in that order, and are social liberals...I suppose Shazier falls under that banner as well.

As I said if this speculation continues I'll find another board.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:38 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
SteelBack wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Is it common sense? I wonder that gymnasts and yoga freaks would sprain as easily as big, thick built people.

I don't have much invested in this and was only joking about demanding a medical study. I hope Shaz gets over the injury bug and starts producing.

Gymnasts and "yoga freaks" are people who train extensively in flexibility and take many precautions to avoid injury...I don't think that's a fair way to try and counter what I called common sense. But anyway, I agree. I hope Shaz stays healthy. I just think his frame does have something to do with it. That's all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:43 pm 

straightoutofClemson wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Luca Brasi wrote:

And you are comparing one with another?

Please. You have no evidence to support your theory other than your biased eyeball test ignoring statistical evidence.

It actually sounds. . . .like. . . eugenics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:45 pm 

Pabst wrote:
SteelerzEdsaL7 wrote:
SteelBack wrote:
this is Shazier, believe it or not

Well at least he has a good appetite

Luca Brasi wrote:
When was that picture taken, from when he was in HS?

He probably didn't have a phone like that in High School.

The caption from that photo:
Plantation (Fla.) High linebacker Ryan Shazier eats ribs at Dreamland Barbecue in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Shazier won a rib-eating contest against two teammates by downing 18 ribs

http://www.sikids.com/photos/25465/a-week-with-the-express/6

Thanks, quite a find.

Stallworth16 wrote:
You know who didn't do that much in their Rookie Year? Almost every Great Steeler not named Ben. Shaz is going to be a very good player for us imo. Yeah he ain't that big, but that speed is an asset on the field as we have already seen.

Troy, for example, had an unspectacular rookie year.
Kendrell Bell had a awesome rookie year.

Bell played the same position as Shaz. Read and react.

Still Lit wrote:

The inference is that small frame includes small connective tissue: ligaments cartilage, tendons. Those are hard to bulk up I would imagine. I very heard of people commenting on a players newly developed and larger tendons.

So yeah, we're apparently using high school pictures to prove a point.

Last edited by SteelerzEdsaL7 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:50 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:07 pm 

Iron_City wrote:

Yep. thos pictures scream frail and weak to me. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 pm 

R S wrote:
Iron_City wrote:

Yep. thos pictures scream frail and weak to me. :lol:

Don't let the muscles fool you. Wrist circumference is the real indicator.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:31 pm 

Shazier pic....soft triceps and overall lack of definition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
And you are comparing one with another?

Please. You have no evidence to support your theory other than your biased eyeball test ignoring statistical evidence.

It actually sounds. . . .like. . . eugenics.

Are you serious? You compared the injuries to Troy and Pouncey not I. I said the hits sustained by Shazier were no where near as hard of flukey-flukey as in awkward.

There hasn't been a shred of statistical evidence offered in this thread. But you offered the scientific brilliance of Harrisons "nylon ligaments". And my "theory" has little to do with my "eyeball" test and everything to do with three seperate "boo boos" in half a season.

And the use of eugenics is so god damned wrong and inflammatory I can't put it into words.

As to the pics I really don't care what he looks like shirtless and in action with a full pump. The selfie Back posted is a much more honest shot of what he looks like. Which I really don't care about anyway. I've merely stated he looks frail in the threads original pictures and that he has been injured three times in half a season. And I don't think he has come close to fulfilling the coaching staff and media expectations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 pm 

The Pierogi wrote:
Don't let the muscles fool you. Wrist circumference is the real indicator.

I know you're being sarcastic, but this is actually true. Narrow shoulders, hips, thin wrists and ankles = small frame.

Shazier has plenty of muscle, I don't doubt that. He's pretty much maxed out...he can't add more muscle. They said the same thing about Pitt stud Aaron Donald.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:55 pm 

It's going to be fun for some of you guys to explain to the IT department why "ryan shazier shirtless" shows up in your search history 7,000 times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:57 pm 

The Pierogi wrote:
It's going to be fun for some of you guys to explain to the IT department why "ryan shazier shirtless" shows up in your search history 7,000 times.

you can see all the pics posted in this thread by just searching for "ryan shazier"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
The Pierogi wrote:

you can see all the pics posted in this thread by just searching for "ryan shazier"

A likely story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 pm 

R S wrote:

Shazier pic....soft triceps and overall lack of definition.

Nice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 am 

This may go down in the Top 10 of dumb fucking threads about players.

Shazier is already light years ahead of Spence's rookie year. If you want to look at it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:22 am 

I think frame does matter - I don't know enough though to be able to tell what his original frame is like.

I always thought how these guys pump up from HS to college to the pros is quite something to see and it's hard unless you know the person they once where. I had three friends in HS who went on to serious college football and one played a bit of LB for the gators and another RB for Irish. I can tell you when the guy who played LB came back after year 1 at Florida I couldn't recognize him. He was an awkward kid who was not all that athletic but came back enormous and obviously assisted enormous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:48 am 

Gonzo wrote:
I think frame does matter - I don't know enough though to be able to tell what his original frame is like.

I always thought how these guys pump up from HS to college to the pros is quite something to see and it's hard unless you know the person they once where. I had three friends in HS who went on to serious college football and one played a bit of LB for the gators and another RB for Irish. I can tell you when the guy who played LB came back after year 1 at Florida I couldn't recognize him. He was an awkward kid who was not all that athletic but came back enormous and obviously assisted enormous

The only guy I played with in HS that anything in college was a QB- converted to Safety at JC, then was a TE at a Div II school. Was in the Bengals camp for a cup of coffee before it became obvious to him he was moving on permanently... He went from 175# QB to 235# TE over 4 years... Was natural, but weird to see him remembering his HS days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next