It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Shazier play two games in a row this season?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:31 pm 

Shazier pic....soft triceps and overall lack of definition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
And you are comparing one with another?

Please. You have no evidence to support your theory other than your biased eyeball test ignoring statistical evidence.

It actually sounds. . . .like. . . eugenics.

Are you serious? You compared the injuries to Troy and Pouncey not I. I said the hits sustained by Shazier were no where near as hard of flukey-flukey as in awkward.

There hasn't been a shred of statistical evidence offered in this thread. But you offered the scientific brilliance of Harrisons "nylon ligaments". And my "theory" has little to do with my "eyeball" test and everything to do with three seperate "boo boos" in half a season.

And the use of eugenics is so god damned wrong and inflammatory I can't put it into words.

As to the pics I really don't care what he looks like shirtless and in action with a full pump. The selfie Back posted is a much more honest shot of what he looks like. Which I really don't care about anyway. I've merely stated he looks frail in the threads original pictures and that he has been injured three times in half a season. And I don't think he has come close to fulfilling the coaching staff and media expectations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 pm 

The Pierogi wrote:
Don't let the muscles fool you. Wrist circumference is the real indicator.

I know you're being sarcastic, but this is actually true. Narrow shoulders, hips, thin wrists and ankles = small frame.

Shazier has plenty of muscle, I don't doubt that. He's pretty much maxed out...he can't add more muscle. They said the same thing about Pitt stud Aaron Donald.

This is what mediocrity looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:55 pm 

It's going to be fun for some of you guys to explain to the IT department why "ryan shazier shirtless" shows up in your search history 7,000 times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:57 pm 

The Pierogi wrote:
It's going to be fun for some of you guys to explain to the IT department why "ryan shazier shirtless" shows up in your search history 7,000 times.

you can see all the pics posted in this thread by just searching for "ryan shazier"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 pm 

SteelBack wrote:
The Pierogi wrote:

you can see all the pics posted in this thread by just searching for "ryan shazier"

A likely story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 pm 

R S wrote:

Shazier pic....soft triceps and overall lack of definition.

Nice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 am 

This may go down in the Top 10 of dumb fucking threads about players.

Shazier is already light years ahead of Spence's rookie year. If you want to look at it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:22 am 

I think frame does matter - I don't know enough though to be able to tell what his original frame is like.

I always thought how these guys pump up from HS to college to the pros is quite something to see and it's hard unless you know the person they once where. I had three friends in HS who went on to serious college football and one played a bit of LB for the gators and another RB for Irish. I can tell you when the guy who played LB came back after year 1 at Florida I couldn't recognize him. He was an awkward kid who was not all that athletic but came back enormous and obviously assisted enormous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:48 am 

Gonzo wrote:
I think frame does matter - I don't know enough though to be able to tell what his original frame is like.

I always thought how these guys pump up from HS to college to the pros is quite something to see and it's hard unless you know the person they once where. I had three friends in HS who went on to serious college football and one played a bit of LB for the gators and another RB for Irish. I can tell you when the guy who played LB came back after year 1 at Florida I couldn't recognize him. He was an awkward kid who was not all that athletic but came back enormous and obviously assisted enormous

The only guy I played with in HS that anything in college was a QB- converted to Safety at JC, then was a TE at a Div II school. Was in the Bengals camp for a cup of coffee before it became obvious to him he was moving on permanently... He went from 175# QB to 235# TE over 4 years... Was natural, but weird to see him remembering his HS days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:29 am 

Gonzo wrote:

You can tell what his "original" frame looks like. A person's frame will be almost fully developed by the time they enter college. You know those skinny bony skids that have long arms and legs and wide shoulders? Those are kids with big frames. The frame may not be filled out (that can happen well into the 20s or even early 30s) but the frame itself is set.

Look at the selfie pic I posted earlier in this thread. That is Shazier already filled out and muscled. He's not going to get much bigger than he already is because there's no more room for more muscle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:33 am 

Here's a good example. Dwight Howard in high school...really tall kid, long limbs, broad shoulders, yet he looks skinny:

To be expected since he's still a kid, but you can tell he has a big frame with lots of room to add muscle.

Dwight Howard today:

Same frame...just filled out. It was evident back then that Howard had lots of room to fill out, and he did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:22 pm 

Upper body frame is meaningless and can be easily developed. If you want to bitch about frame size at least do it in context. It's legs, ankles and hips. Narrow pins don't usually hold up. High hips or long legs don't change direction well usually.

It's core strength, major muscle groups. Long muscle strands. Explosive muscles

A year or two in any professional weight will develop lats delts and traps so you look pretty in pictures

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 pm 

Iron_City wrote:
Upper body frame is meaningless and can be easily developed. If you want to bitch about frame size at least do it in context. It's legs, ankles and hips. Narrow pins don't usually hold up. High hips or long legs don't change direction well usually.

A year or two in any professional weight will develop lats delts and traps so you look pretty in pictures

A fair point. It's just harder to find good pics of lower body for purposes of comparing frames. I do remember reading about Big Snack pre-draft:

ANALYSIS
Quote:
Positives... Throwback to another era when players competed with injuries that would sideline most people...Wide-framed tackler with a thick chest, wide hips and big thighs...Has sudden movements to get on the edge of a blocker...Very instinctive, reacting quickly to running schemes...Knifes through the line with explosion...Easily defeats the isolated blocker with strength and all-out effort...Loves getting on the center's head, as it allows him to burst quickly into the backfield to push the pocket...Very effective at flushing the quarterback out...Stacks the run at the point of attack, coming off the snap with a low, powerful leg drive...His low center of gravity allows him to gain leverage and opponents must use double-team blocking in order to contain him...Very active with his hands, working them across the face to defeat blockers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:33 pm 

Iron_City wrote:

Thanks for some sanity amidst a sea of madness. For a while, I thought the posts were about Dri Archer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:24 pm 

Steeler Jones wrote:
This may go down in the Top 10 of dumb fucking threads about players.

Shazier is already light years ahead of Spence's rookie year. If you want to look at it that way.

Light years ahead of Foote's rookie year too. And Farrior too, although he played a different position for a different team. He was a durable rookie...he sucked...but he was durable.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:37 pm 

Iron_City wrote:

WHen I look at the picture you posted, I sure don't see skinny legs. Actually thicker legs and calves than what i expected.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:21 pm 

I wonder if he has big feet...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:27 pm 

955876 wrote:

Something tells me this is what really interests SteelBack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 am 

Luca Brasi wrote:
955876 wrote:

Something tells me this is what really interests SteelBack

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next