It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: 1st Round Pick - Bud Dupree, OLB, kentucky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:58 am 

Shazier was the one guy on this defense who could make big plays. I'm in my early 30s so my earliest Steeler memories are early/mid 90s, but Shazier's game against the Bengals in the playoffs was the best game by a Steelers defender in the playoff I've ever seen. He was growing into the leader of this D and was having a borderline All Pro level season. All the handwringing over missing on Mosley had ended.

It's a devastating loss. Drafting an impact ILB probably just became our biggest need. The draft is a relative crap shoot, anyone who acts like they know what they're talking about beyond a semi-educated guess is full of shit, and when you end up nailing a pick like Shazier and then losing that guy as he's entering his prime... man, it's f'n tough.

As for Dupree, I hated the pick in the moment, tried to talk myself into the idea that he's the anti-Jarvis after the fact, but he's hardly changed as a player. I went to UK and joked with a friend of mine the night of the draft "thank God Dupree will be gone before the Steelers pick" then watched as he fell and we pulled the trigger. Ugh. Za'Darius Smith was a better football player and pass rusher on that same UK team and went in the fourth round. :oops: But, I don't think Smith was versatile enough to do what the Steelers ask of their OLBs. Either way, we've been throwing high picks at LBs for years and we still need at least one starting OLB and ILB. Hopefully they nail it this time around.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 am 

Quote:
is that clip supposed to prove something.

That clip had nothing to do with the actual play.

That clip had everything to do with tackling form and self preservation

Football is a violent fast game...A series of car wrecks by massive elite athletes

To be honest I don't give a fuck how Shazier played the run...I just want the kid to walk again. I don't think he will and that breaks my heart and leads to nasty comments and posts...I guess its a form of lashing out

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm 

I was looking at the clip with the thoughts that it was going to show his false steps and him not playing fast against the run.

I think he will walk again. If Dennis Byrd walked again Shazier can. I don't believe he will play again though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28