It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on our RBs?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08 pm 

Good post. After QB, running back looks to be the most stable at a high level position on the team.

As to pound the rock, pass pass pass or balanced attacked: I think over the course of the season if we play to our strengths and to the weaknesses of their defense that all three approaches will be addressed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:48 pm 

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... 09d1a18aed

Tomlin quote from the vid....
Quote:
RBs will sort out division of labor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:15 pm 

If they want to be versatile in their play calling and be able to change things up without changing personnel, it makes sense to me to have two similar backs in your rotation. Bell is the all around guy who can do it all, Blount is a hammer version of the same thing. There is plenty of room for a backup or two. I don't think the need for different types of runners or running styles is as pronounced as it is for receivers. That said, we could use a speed element in the backfield even if it's a backup, 3rd strong guy.

If Archer contributes much of anything on offense, it will be a bonus. I don't expect him to get more than a couple touches a game. Colbert gave is the clue as to what Archer is when he said he considered a returner a starter. When he plays, it going to be in a flex role. When people place big expectations on what Archer is bringing to the offense, I think they are wildly overestimating his prowess.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7