It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vince Young regrets his run-in with Jeff Fisher
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:50 pm 

Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on July 10, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Tennessee Titans v Houston Texans Getty Images

The Titans career of quarterback Vince Young ended in 2010, when an altercation between Young and former Titans coach Jeff Fisher ended with Young declaring, “I’m not running out on my teammates. I’m running out on you.” Young now realizes that, as a practical matter, his NFL career also ended in that moment.

“I definitely do regret getting into it with Coach Fisher down in Tennessee,” Young told In the Loop with Nick & Lopez of SportsRadio 610 in Houston. “It kind of left a bad rap with me and the perception that I’m a bad guy.”

Young insists he’s not a bad guy (then again, how many bad guys admit it?). But he said the reputation made it harder when he arrived in new cities.

“Once something gets out to one guy, it spreads like a virus,” Young said. “When I was playing for different teams, the first thing is the perception they already have.”

It’s unclear how much that perception ultimately doomed Young in his handful of post-Tennessee stops. He shot himself in the foot upon arriving in Philly, applying the ill-fated “Dream Team” label. It didn’t get much better when he got a chance to play.

In Buffalo the next year, the Bills decided after spending plenty of offseason and preseason time with Young to move on, despite giving him a $350,000 signing bonus.

The Packers gave him a training-camp look-see last year, but he didn’t do enough in a short time frame to earn a roster spot. The Browns let him show what he can do during the offseason, quickly opting to sever ties.

In past years, part of the problem seemed to be that Young wasn’t willing to embrace the role of a backup quarterback, stubbornly believing he was still good enough to start. He spurned chances to play in Canada, either because he felt he was too good to play north of the border or because he was worried that maybe he wasn’t.

Regardless, it’s now finally over for Young. And his permanent exit from football traces to his permanent exit from the Titans locker room.

Its always fun to pile on Vince Young

Post subject: Re: Vince Young regrets his run-in with Jeff Fisher
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:53 pm 

This isnt his, but it never gets old.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:26 pm 

Lmao.

Stick a fork in his dumb ass.

Buh bye!

Last edited by SteelThrillsseeker on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:15 am 

Absolutely classic StillMad. I laugh every time I see that!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm 

I thought maybe this was going to be Vince Young regretting running into Jeff Fisher on the night he was planning to kill himself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:16 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I thought maybe this was going to be Vince Young regretting running into Jeff Fisher on the night he was planning to kill himself.

I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling head coach!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:14 am 

He still doesn't get it. No one wants to trust a quitter. Doesn't matter who or what you are running out on. He lost whatever he had inside that gave him his chance to have an NFL career in the first place.

Jax wrote:
It ain't going to be pretty, but the Steelers aren't about pretty are they? I'll take 11 ugly wins and a spot in the playoffs...Get your antacid of choice ready and enjoy that shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 am 

The people that surrounded him took advantage of a very immature kid. Church janitor Uncle was his agent? Purple cough syrup was a good idea?
HOF skillset, 10 cent brain, surrounded by takers: he had as much of a chance as the Dodo bird.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am 

Vince Young regrets his run-in with Silverback. He was all the rage until that play...the Steelers helped derailed his career.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.