It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Not a singular point scored, obviously.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:15 pm 

Don't want to show our hand...those plays that might lead to scoring points :shock:

This is what mediocrity looks like.

Post subject: Re: Not a singular point scored, obviously.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:32 pm 

LOL

Don't we wish it was that. just sad and hope we can get this thing turned around - had high hopes.

"Here’s an absolute rule of Steeler-watching, along with not entertaining any discussion during the game, except for the game. We’re not supposed to ENJOY these games. We suffer through them…and hope we’re happy in the end." Swissvale72

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 pm 

For me offense was far too inconsistent. Now I know no one really knows what the exact play call was watching from the KDKA broadcast and I'm not pretending I can identify calls. What I am saying is the offense looked far too inconsistent IMO for it being this time of the year. Should be on a roll and easily able to get your team in a scoring position. How many times did that offense make it past the 50 yardline tonight? Bad showing even if they are trying to hide their double secret play calls for the season. Huge Disappointment.

Defense looks on the upswing and JJ stood out for sure tonight. I did miss like 7-8 minutes of the second quarter too so not sure who else was making noise. Anyway, I Ride win lose or draw. Rather Win though. :)

ST's is making me take stock options in tums and Excedrin. They stunk up the joint as per their usual showing.

/end rant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:49 pm 

Snoop is right

and so are all the folks here who have been posting "fuck haley" threads the last 2 years. We will see many more of those this year, unfortunately.

I still can't believe AR2 hired that jagoff

As of 2 weeks ago I was 100% sure Ben would never leave Pgh -- family here, kids, wife, long-time QB etc -- franchise QBs don't just leave, unless they are pushed out by douchebag owners (Irsay). So I really can't see him leaving, as the Rooneys have made it clear they want him to stay.

BUT, now I'm beginning to see the point of view of some posters who say BEN might be the one who wants to leave -- again, it seems unlikely, but I'm beginning to see the argument -- if the offense is as putrid during the season as it has been during the pre-season, then i could see Ben eventually saying -- fuck this shit, i'm going somewhere to win -- and who knows, maybe he does move to AZ with his buddy BA -- helluva lot warmer, and not a bad place to raise your kids.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 pm 

Laundry Jones produced no points.

surprised? I'm not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 pm 

sgtrobo wrote:

surprised? I'm not.

no one is playing their starters -- but how many teams go SCORELESS in the new NF Arena League?

pretty hard to get shut out by 3rd string defenses in the new high flying high scoring NFL

in case you missed it, our starters got shut out last week as well, by the Eagles starters AND backups

Last edited by steel on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 pm 

steel wrote:
sgtrobo wrote:

surprised? I'm not.

no one is playing their starters -- but how many teams go SCORELESS in the new NF Arena League?

pretty hard to get shut out by 3rd string defenses in the new high flying high scoring NFL

in case you missed it, our starters got shut out last week as well, but the Eagles starters AND backups

just as a point of comparison our AFC rivals scored tonight (also playing backups) 22, 33, and 35 points respectively

This is what mediocrity looks like.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:16 pm 

sgtrobo wrote:

surprised? I'm not.

Bill Russell is a better quarterback than Landry Jones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:37 pm 

The lack of talent is a big problem.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:59 pm 

Snoop knows football...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next