It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: Bell facing 4 game suspension for missing drug test
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:06 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Something weird is going on. If Le'veon was informed in March why is the appeal taking place in mid-August? That doesn't seem normal. I'm wondering if the NFL's case isn't as clear cut as we think.

Lots of missing information.

He was informed of his suspension in March. He denied missing any tests in April, and made a really bad 4/20 joke as well.

And if the suspension is due to missed tests, that means he missed THREE tests, not one. He's gonna blame all that on a new cell phone number? (Not that he said anything about the cell phone change...so far that's only been reported by Savran). I could see that working, perhaps, for one missed test, not three...since he would end up getting fined for the first missed test and would surely know something was up.

There is definitely a lot here we do not know yet...nor are likely to ever know because I think his suspension stands. I don't know what's behind his incredible confidence it won't stand though. I have seen reports that his teammates don't charge his confidence.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:38 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Some sloppy reporting going on here.

Perhaps some are operating under the guise that a missed test = a failed test...

Gives credence to what that guy said to Deebo when he wanted to film the test:

"...if you don't stop recording, I'll have to report this as a failed test..."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:09 pm 

My understanding is that a player already in "the system", which I believe Bell is, will be notified 3 hours prior to his test and is expected to be on time for his test. If he is not it is considered a missed test. Also heard, from many anonymous agents, that many players have won their appeals since it has gone to the neutral attributor system. We just don't hear about it because they win an appeal that we as fans never even took place. Obviously, not in Bell's case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:04 am 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Quote:
According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the Steelers are "pretty confident" suspended RB Le'Veon Bell will play in Week 1.
"They are pretty confident that they will have him Week 1, so that’s what the Steelers are telling us," said Sal Pal. A previous report from PFT's Mike Florio indicated Bell was unlikely to win his appeal, which is expected to take place on August 18. If Bell is indeed reinstated for the season opener, he would vault back into the first round of fantasy drafts. Stay tuned. Aug 7 - 10:08 PM
Source: Pittsburgh 24/7 Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26