PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:20 pm 

Per Kaboly

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/sta ... 0032375809

Mark Kaboly
‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
Uh oh. Golson hurt. Carted off field

Post subject: Re: Golson carted off
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:24 pm 

The guy is a china doll. Hopefully nothing too serious.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:07 pm 

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/re ... ay-injury/

Bob Labriola @BobLabriola
Senquez Golson visibly upset after sustaining an apparent right foot/ankle injury. Taken off field on a cart.
3:12 PM - 1 Aug 2016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:21 pm 

Starting off like Shazier but let's hope like Shazier whenever he gets on the field and looks great.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:43 pm 

Mid foot per Tomlin. Only info.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:47 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Mid foot per Tomlin. Only info.

I hope that not code for "we hope its not a lis-franc"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 pm 

scuttlebutt is midfoot sprain, a la Ben last year

Even if it's not a lot of time missed, any missed practice is bad for a guy who's had only 4.5 days of camp in his career.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:03 pm 

The dreaded Lis-Franc injury it is. Could miss 12 weeks. All over Twitter....Fuck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:16 pm 

Terrible luck. I just don't understand how you finish last in pass defense and not truly address it outside of the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:20 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Terrible luck. I just don't understand how you finish last in pass defense and not truly address it outside of the draft.

This almost assures they will have to find a vet after cut-downs to bring in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:32 pm 

Our CB population is actually pretty deep. Garner can really play, Blake was subtracted and Burns was added (for those of you who think we did nothing to address it ), and we already signed a vet, Donald Washington.

Gay
Cockrell
Garner
Washington
Burns

and Davis is probably going to play a lot of nickel

Hell, even Shabazz can play a little bit.

CB is as deep as it's been in the Free Agency era, and safety isn't far behind, especially since Thomas and Dangerfield are both playing like they have something to prove thusfar, and we've got two vets and a stud rookie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:39 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Our CB population is actually pretty deep. Garner can really play, Blake was subtracted and Burns was added (for those of you who think we did nothing to address it ), and we already signed a vet, Donald Washington.

Gay
Cockrell
Garner
Washington
Burns

CB is as deep as it's been in the Free Agency era, and safety isn't far behind, especially since Thomas and Dangerfield are both playing like they have something to prove thusfar, and we've got two vets and a stud rookie.

You sound confident B2B, hope you are right. Ben's biological clock is ticking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:39 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Gay
Cockrell
Garner
Washington
Burns

Optimistic B2B is my favorite B2B

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:44 pm 

well, lifelong... just think about the CBs we fielded last year-- who were pretty good down the stretch. This group is much better, even without Golson.

Mainly my un-optimistic concern is: where does this injury leave Golson? It could easily be a season-ender, since he's got exactly less than one week of camp in two years-- playing nickel CB is probably the easiest to learn mentally but we're talking bye week return, at best, unless the diagnosis is not as severe as reported. When is he going to rehab? When does he practice to get back in football shape? When does he learn and get the mental reps? Sucks for him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:46 pm 

If I'm the secondary coach, I play Cockrell between the 20s and I play Artie Burns on the outside in the red zone. The one thing he arrived being able to do is cover a guy 1 on 1 in the red zone. If Gronk is split wide, Burns is the one guy on this team I feel good about being lined up over him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:57 pm 

Cortez Allen is available!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:08 pm 

Young CBs dropping like flies....William Jackson - torn pectoral.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:22 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Gay
Cockrell
Garner
Washington
Burns

You sound confident B2B, hope you are right. Ben's biological clock is ticking.

A lot of reason to be. From my eye test, the defense was actually pretty good late in the season as guys got more and more reps under their belt. I'd say the floor this year is a top 15 defense.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
well, lifelong... just think about the CBs we fielded last year-- who were pretty good down the stretch. This group is much better, even without Golson.

Mainly my un-optimistic concern is: where does this injury leave Golson? It could easily be a season-ender, since he's got exactly less than one week of camp in two years-- playing nickel CB is probably the easiest to learn mentally but we're talking bye week return, at best, unless the diagnosis is not as severe as reported. When is he going to rehab? When does he practice to get back in football shape? When does he learn and get the mental reps? Sucks for him.

I agree that the D is on the right trajectory. I think Davis and Hargrave will contribute this year. And more importantly I think our outliers - Shaze and Tuitt - are ready to explode.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:53 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I agree that the D is on the right trajectory. I think Davis and Hargrave will contribute this year. And more importantly I think our outliers - Shaze and Tuitt - are ready to explode.

Seems like the jump up in competition isn't fazing Hargrave thus far. Holy hell.

I'm trying to figure out what they want to do with Feeney, if they really want to hang their hats on Jarvis as a starter who plays most of the game, if that means we'll see more 4-3 looks, if Shamarko Thomas and Chickillo and LT Walton can continue the newsworthy steps up in play, and if Montell Garner can play in games as well as he practices.

If Jarvis isn't going to start, I question whether he will make the team. Harrison is a better run defender, Chickillo seems to have stepped up his game-- the only place Jarvis really fits is as the off-ball ROLB in the faux 4-3 look they are experimenting with. Otherwise, competition is steep at LB and STs LB.