It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AB Contract Extension Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 am 

I am just wondering what AB is going to expect from the Steelers on a contract extension? He is 28 years old, he is at his peak. If he keeps this up, that number is going to be ugly, isn't it? Also, how will his contract affect some of the other guys we have to sign? We know Wheaton is gone.

If Bryant can come back, that's AB, Bryant, Coates, Rogers, and Bey. That is one hell of a receiving corp.

What are your thoughts guys?

Post subject: Re: AB Contract Extension Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:02 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I am just wondering what AB is going to expect from the Steelers on a contract extension? He is 28 years old, he is at his peak. If he keeps this up, that number is going to be ugly, isn't it? Also, how will his contract affect some of the other guys we have to sign? We know Wheaton is gone.

If Bryant can come back, that's AB, Bryant, Coates, Rogers, and Bey. That is one hell of a receiving corp.

What are your thoughts guys?

Some so-called expert had WR and RB as the Steelers two big draft needs for 2017. That's really rich.

Even if Bryant doesn't come back and Deangelo Williams is a year older, we have an embarrassment of riches at WR/RB.

AB is going to break the bank and in exchange, the Steelers are going to give him the longest deal he will accept.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:04 am 

I'd guess 5/80, with a real value just above what Julio Jones got since JJ was younger at the time he got his deal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:06 am 

Ladarius Green should be a part of that group, fingers crossed.

The Steelers have to expect Von Miller numbers 6 Years - $114.5 Millions with $70 Guaranteed.

No way does Antonio's agent start lower than that, Brown is just as dominate as Miller, in fact probably more.

I don't think the Steelers have ever had a non-QB as good as Antonio come up on a contract like this in their prime.

They will have plenty of time to work on it, hopefully it gets done next March.

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:13 am 

10 years, $184M, $100,840,000 guaranteed.

What is there to lose with this deal, for either side? While Ben is working, you keep him paired with the best WR in the game, who works his ass off and is in amazing condition-- unlikely to slide to irrelevance. Once Ben is done, he gets your QB money. Face of the franchise until he hangs 'em up or loses enough after age 35 that you deal him or release him for greener pastures so you can pay next franchise QB.

Basically, make him 2nd highest paid player on the team and be happy about it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:56 am 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
Ladarius Green should be a part of that group, fingers crossed.

The Steelers have to expect Von Miller numbers 6 Years - $114.5 Millions with $70 Guaranteed.

No way does Antonio's agent start lower than that, Brown is just as dominate as Miller, in fact probably more.

I don't think the Steelers have ever had a non-QB as good as Antonio come up on a contract like this in their prime.

They will have plenty of time to work on it, hopefully it gets done next March.

The WR market isn't set by OLBs. AB has no leg to stand on asking for Von Miller number which would eclipse the current highest paid WR contract by $40m.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 pm 

Quote:
The WR market isn't set by OLBs. AB has no leg to stand on asking for Von Miller number which would eclipse the current highest paid WR contract by $40m.

Antonio's agent is at least going to start there. WR contracts don't matter, he is performed at a Hall of Fame level, and this is his, "I made it" contract.

The Steelers should be prepared for something like that, he makes just as much of an impact as Von Miller does, that's the foundation of the contract pitch.

Tavon Austin just got $30 Million guaranteed, he had 900 total yards last year and is completely lost on the field.

Brown's agent will say he is worth double that.

FUCK THE NFL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:28 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
10 years, $184M, $100,840,000 guaranteed.

What is there to lose with this deal, for either side? While Ben is working, you keep him paired with the best WR in the game, who works his ass off and is in amazing condition-- unlikely to slide to irrelevance. Once Ben is done, he gets your QB money. Face of the franchise until he hangs 'em up or loses enough after age 35 that you deal him or release him for greener pastures so you can pay next franchise QB.

Basically, make him 2nd highest paid player on the team and be happy about it.

Seems a little high but I like the concept of a 10 yr deal at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:29 pm 

Ordinarily, I'd agree that QB and OLB and even LT money is top tier, WR just below that. If AB is wiling to sign a Steeler for life contract, I'm willing to make him the highest paid ever.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:30 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
Quote:

Antonio's agent is at least going to start there. WR contracts don't matter, he is performed at a Hall of Fame level, and this is his, "I made it" contract.

The Steelers should be prepared for something like that, he makes just as much of an impact as Von Miller does, that's the foundation of the contract pitch.

Tavon Austin just got $30 Million guaranteed, he had 900 total yards last year and is completely lost on the field.

Brown's agent will say he is worth double that.

Julio Jones has not been far off, and just got 5/71 with 47 guaranteed. He's also younger.

AB is going to get something like 5/84 (84 because it's cute) with 55 guaranteed.