It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Logan Thomas-- an investment
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:23 am 

Just released from practice squad-- maybe the end of the line as a QB.

Why not add him to your practice squad as a TE? There's an opportunity here, and he's every bit the outlier athlete for TE that Gilbert is for CB. If the former TE Thomas had come out as a TE, I would have picked him first or second in his class.

It isn't that crazy and would be a nice investment for little risk.

Post subject: Re: Logan Thomas-- an investment
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:13 am 
Id easily cut Feiler Ayers or Hamilton for him

Wouldnt be a horrible backup qb either.

Big strong fast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 am 

Who did they add in his place?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:22 am 

On another note, CJ Spiller was just released by the Saints. In our never ending quest to sure up our RB room do we take a look at him. He was very chatty with our team while being showcased during the preseason game. Guy's 29 with low mileage. Still has some wheels, but hasn't really produced. Is he worth a flyer...if he clears waivers that is? Change of scenery candidate maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:04 am 

Jeemie wrote:

BJ Daniels. The Giants practice squad, that is

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:32 am 

Question: Has Logan Thomas ever expressed a desire to change positions?? or, more to the point, ever said he does NOT want to change positions?

I like the idea of getting outlier athletes for the practice squad. guys like nick marshall (who i think failed thus far to convert to DB). guys who are first and foremost, great football players.

makes me think of this: does anybody else think that tim tebow could have been a damn fine FB/H-back/TE if he fully committed himself to the task instead of stubbornly insisting that he was a qb??

makes me think of this too: whatever happened w/ the basketball guy everybody was ga-ga over in the draft process? didn't he get cut?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:33 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

BJ Daniels. The Giants practice squad, that is

My bad...I didn't realize he was on a DIFFERENT practice squad and you were advertising bringing him to ours.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 am 

Would CJ be an upgrade over Richardson?
And will Logan be willing to try a position switch?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 am 

CJ Spillers sucks. Logan Thomas as TE? hell yes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:23 am 

SteelyourFace wrote:
Question: Has Logan Thomas ever expressed a desire to change positions?? or, more to the point, ever said he does NOT want to change positions?

I like the idea of getting outlier athletes for the practice squad. guys like nick marshall (who i think failed thus far to convert to DB). guys who are first and foremost, great football players.

makes me think of this: does anybody else think that tim tebow could have been a damn fine FB/H-back/TE if he fully committed himself to the task instead of stubbornly insisting that he was a qb??

makes me think of this too: whatever happened w/ the basketball guy everybody was ga-ga over in the draft process? didn't he get cut?

Tebow probably made more money as a failed QB than he would have in a fairly successful career as an H-Back, plus the added notoriety didn't hurt his brand or marketing opportunities at all.

Rico Gathers got cut in the trim to 53; work in progress, now on Cowboys PS. I saw him play a bit in preseason. After hearing about his predraft workout, I cooled on him a little-- still a good investment but is going to need some work to translate his BBall skills. Speaking of BBall converts, Demetrius Harris, after a redshirt year, and a STs/#3 year, is now the Chiefs solid #2 TE behind Kelce. Had a couple of nice catches on Sunday.

Logan Thomas came to college as a TE and I think he exactly fits into the category you mention: good football player. Could he be a Ladarius Green type TE, with a little more blue collar grit? Maybe.

Jesse James has been a bit more effective in the passing game-- did a good job of attacking the seam on MNF-- but he's having some real struggles blocking at his lower weight. Not sure whether he can maintain his newfound elusiveness with more bulk for blocking or if his technique can improve... long season to go. Right now, David Johnson is blocking like a guy who should be getting more playing time and James is becoming dependable in the pass game. I'm still thinking TE is in play for a 1st or 2nd round pick, unless Green returns and lights it up.