It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pretty good read . Dude makes excellent points.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 am 

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story ... pretenders

Post subject: Re: Pretty good read . Dude makes excellent points.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:54 am 

Was just about to post this.Spot on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:07 pm 

Sadly, agreed. Particularly on the rhythm, and even more particularly, on that 3rd and 1 call. Awful. Was well into drinking my sorrows away at that point, and I was memorably displeased.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:24 pm 

OK which one of yinz asshats is Matt Steel?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 pm 

I've been saying this for a while. BR has more control of this team than people realize. People like to bash Tomlin and Haley, but BR is at least 50% responsible for stupid decisions. He is inconsistent, and Tomlin and Haley must keep him on an even keel - which means steering the ship. This is what BB does in New England. He keeps Brady consistent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:25 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I've been saying this for a while. BR has more control of this team than people realize. People like to bash Tomlin and Haley, but BR is at least 50% responsible for stupid decisions. He is inconsistent, and Tomlin and Haley must keep him on an even keel - which means steering the ship. This is what BB does in New England. He keeps Brady consistent.

Funny you make assumptions about how much control Ben has, but in the injury thread you wanted full-fledged medical credentials when someone tried to give their opinion on his injury. Do you have first hand knowledge of what happens in the Steelers locker room? Game planning? Player/Coach talk during the game? Audibles?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:44 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Tomlin has a tough job. He has to keep Ben in line but he can't make it so Ben wants to hang it up. As with an article a few weeks ago when a younger BeatUpBen was talking about quitting over beers with Beard. Still its Tomlin's failure in not making it known to Ben that he can't be a blithering idiot and audible out of 3 and 1 to the best and safest 3 and 1 bet in the league. Especially on the road against sub .500 teams where the Steelers have laid too many damn eggs.

I have to hand it to a guy that I have never really given praise. I can imagine if it was me as OC that I would had thrown off the headphones and papers in the air. I can't pin this on him.

Nor can I imagine that EMR is very happy with how this is turning out. Not just in the standard is the standard sub .500 loss due to playing undisciplined ball but especially in the aspect of that both Tomlin and Haley are responsible for keeping Ben healthy IN SPITE OF HIMSELF.

Somebody needs to reassess what's going on here or its going to be reassessed for him by the guy that writes paychecks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:55 pm 

I am not sure what inside info they get but I wonder if Ben just calls the plays in the No Huddle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:12 pm 

What a load of shit article. "WE'RE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS AND WE MUST GET BACK TO PLAYING PITTSBURGH STEELERS FOOTBALL!!!" (Thumps chest)
His facts are incorrect and his assumptions are a load of agenda driven crap. Otherwise...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
What a load of shit article. "WE'RE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS AND WE MUST GET BACK TO PLAYING PITTSBURGH STEELERS FOOTBALL!!!" (Thumps chest)
His facts are incorrect and his assumptions are a load of agenda driven crap. Otherwise...

No he's saying we're the most versatile team in the league, with the best most explosive weapon in the league (who was our team MVP in 2014) and we should lean on this playmaker's running ability more often (especially against the worse rushing D in the league). In other words for THIS GAME, use our strength against their weakness. Almost every Steeler fan knows this, but our 6 million dollar HC doesn't, and he's the only one that matters