It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Macus Gilbert to Cam Newton - Stop Whining
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:17 pm 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1793 ... ere-scared

Quote:
Ben gets hit more than anybody in the league, and he never complains. C'mon, man. This is the game of football," Gilbert said. "If you're out there and you're scared to take a shot, then don't be out there, especially if you're a running quarterback. [Defenses] are going to take shots at you. Just the way, his style of playing football, how he celebrates, I guess he gives the guys a chip, like let's go hit the reigning NFL MVP."

Quote:
"When he's running over people, he's going to stand right up and he's going to celebrate," Gilbert said. "This is the game of football. I'm sure there are cornerbacks or linebackers, whoever he's running over, the safeties, they aren't complaining about getting run over or getting crowned, facemask to facemask with the quarterback from a guy his size. Of course, guys are going to take shots ... I don't think anybody is trying to purposefully hurt him, but you're going to get those extra hits, especially against such a great player."

Post subject: Re: Macus Gilbert to Cam Newton - Stop Whining
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:21 pm 

Bravo. Before anyone says he should keep his mouth shut, I'm sure he was offered the question .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:29 pm 

sCam is a giant wuss... Mister showboat when everything is going his way. A little bitch when it isn't. Much like a toddler. Applause for Mr. Gilbert.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:02 pm 

And Cam enjoys greek yogurt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:21 pm 

I was never a Gilbert fan but I love him coming out and saying this. It's 100% true. Ben gets more "illegal" hits that don't get called than anybody. How many times has he taken shots to the jaw or nose with no call?

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:45 pm 

Fuck Cam one big Pussy Nothing but whines all the time Big Props to Gilbert . Cam is a total crybaby who showed his true colors in last years SB for not throwing himself on a fumble

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 am 

R S wrote:
Bravo. Before anyone says he should keep his mouth shut, I'm sure he was offered the question .

Players don't have to answer every question they're asked. Especially when there's a team that has embarrassed you three straight times up next on your schedule.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 am 

RemoAZ wrote:
I was never a Gilbert fan but I love him coming out and saying this. It's 100% true. Ben gets more "illegal" hits that don't get called than anybody. How many times has he taken shots to the jaw or nose with no call?

I'm more worried that Ben took the Lightest hit of his career that cost him to miss a very significant game that will probably cost us a trip to the Super Bowl. A player barely touches his foot and he's in knee surgery the next day. I'm very concerned about his durability going forward.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:51 am 

I am not that concerned stuff happens like that does not make Ben less durable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:17 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
Fuck Cam one big Pussy Nothing but whines all the time Big Props to Gilbert . Cam is a total crybaby who showed his true colors in last years SB for not throwing himself on a fumble

Certainly did. It's a Super Bowl, you dive on that fucker without even thinking!

He pussed out.