It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wild Card Game Timing?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:31 pm 

Esteemed Colleagues of SteelerFury. (Hats off to Swiss for thinking we're esteemed and not coming to the game in lieu of his nice 50" flatscreen, but) Some of us who live out of town need to fly in/get hotel rooms.

I have done this many times from Denver where I live, but have yet to figure out the rhyme or reason for when they will have us play... any help/insight would be appreciated! It's expensive enough now, let alone waiting until after next Sunday.

Excited that my Christmas present for my son (tickets to the then theoretical game) paid off again! Here we go Steelers!

Thanks for any help gang!

"Here’s an absolute rule of Steeler-watching, along with not entertaining any discussion during the game, except for the game. We’re not supposed to ENJOY these games. We suffer through them…and hope we’re happy in the end." Swissvale72

Post subject: Re: Wild Card Game Timing?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:45 pm 

I'm not ruling it out, Bull....just made two round trips to Pittsburgh driving in the last couple of weeks, so thinking I'll eschew this one for the comforts of home, in that those comforts just got more comfortable.

That said....I still scout out ticket availability, think about scheduling, etc.

My prediction....Steelers will be in the Saturday night game. Here's who will NOT be in the Saturday night game...and that's the Houston Texans. Before ESPN started getting the Saturday games, it was more predictable. On an annual basis, would rotate between one network having 8pm Saturday, 1pm Sunday.....and the other network having 4:30pm both days. Then, you can start ruling out shit. For instance, if Atlanta wins next week, Seattle will NOT be in the 1pm Sunday timeslot. Unfortunately, none of this stuff may be confirmed until next Sunday night preventing the 7 day advance.

Sometimes, it seems as though they retreat to the annual alternating. If that's the case, in 2014, Steelers were in Saturday night, Colts-Bungs were Sunday 1pm. If that's the case this year, it WILL be Steelers in the primetime Saturday game as it will not be Texans in prime time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:53 pm 

Saturday night is a good bet, but not guaranteed.

A likely New York Giants/Green Bay Packers tilt is setting up at Lambeau. That would be an excellent Saturday night matchup.

So I could see the Steelers at 1:00 on Sunday against Miami, and Seattle hosting Detroit or Washington for the 4:30 game.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:54 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

A likely New York Giants/Green Bay Packers tilt is setting up at Lambeau. That would be an excellent Saturday night matchup.

So I could see the Steelers at 1:00 on Sunday against Miami, and Seattle hosting Detroit for the 4:30 game.

Seems likely. Texans/whoever is a stone cold lock for the early Saturday game

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm 

COS wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

So I could see the Steelers at 1:00 on Sunday against Miami, and Seattle hosting Detroit for the 4:30 game.

Seems likely. Texans/whoever is a stone cold lock for the early Saturday game

All that sounds right.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:14 am 

Thanks guys for the help. Glad to be in this predicament at least!

Swiss, if you can find a way to get there, would love to meet up. I think I speak for all (or at least the reasonable) that you are the most esteemed "poaster" on these interwebs.

"Here’s an absolute rule of Steeler-watching, along with not entertaining any discussion during the game, except for the game. We’re not supposed to ENJOY these games. We suffer through them…and hope we’re happy in the end." Swissvale72

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:15 am 

Oh, and Jeemie, love your new avatar! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:53 am 

I am pretty sure the Steelers wont be on Saturday night - after all they played Saturday night in the wild card game in the last two years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:00 am 

Ok, this is my forecast of the wild card schedule:

Saturday 4.30 pm: Oak or KC @ Houston

Saturday 8.15pm: NY @ GB

Sunday 1pm: Miami @ Pittsburgh

Sunday 4.15pm: Washington @ Seattle

I agree that Houston is the lowest draw so likely the Saturday first game. The NFC is due the prime time Saturday night game, and Giants at Packers is the better of the two NFC games. Seattle is on the West coast, so it would have to be a 4pm game; that leaves, in all likelihood, the 1pm on Sunday for the Steelers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:14 am 

SteelBull wrote:
Thanks guys for the help. Glad to be in this predicament at least!

Swiss, if you can find a way to get there, would love to meet up. I think I speak for all (or at least the reasonable) that you are the most esteemed "poaster" on these interwebs.

Thanks Bull...appreciate the sentiments....will let you know if I'm making the trip.