steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Shazier guy, or not?
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8
Page 7 of 8

Author:  Zivco [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Luca Brasi wrote:
Can we at least give RS a chance before crucifying him? Holy fuck. Was i suprised when the Steelers selected him? Yes. Am i hoping he succeeds? Yes. Some here are openly hoping he fails, which i think is fucked up.


No doubt I'm the largest critic. I'm not hoping he fails. I'm being crystal clear on my opinion of his tape. We are 8-8 twice in a row...I find irrational exuberance and cheerleader like optimism much more off putting then the mediocre truth. I will obviously live or die with this opinion and I trust what I saw on tape.

Author:  Y-Town Steel [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Whether it was the OP's intention or not, this thread invited Zivco. Zivco does not like Shazier. He didn't like him prior to the Steelers drafting him. It was well documented to say the least before the recent board crash.

You guys that are sooo upset about Zivco's opinion on the player are hilarious. Clean the sand out of your vaginas.

Author:  VeritasSteel [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Zivco wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
Timmons gets a lot of blame on this site and all his done is shown up and played


I'm not close to Timmons largest critic...but it is ridiculous what we are paying him. He is the largest ILB cap hit in the NFL...and over the last few years we get something like 3.5 sacks, 3 pass defensed, 3 tackles for loss, 2 picks, and inconsistent play vs the run...I think his average PFF rating over the contract is 12 ILB...Can't pay 10 million + for that.

VeritasSteel wrote:
I believe that explosive players who can cover that middle of the field like Shazier stop,those crazy RB dump offs and continued TE seam rapings.


Shaz has one career int at OSU. 4 passes defensed last year. And his angles...even to the flat...are horrible.

VeritasSteel wrote:
. Speed allows the cross dogs to actually get there. Heck now blitzes can truly come from anywhere.


Shaz is not a def win when isolated on a rb in pass pro on the blitz....he often fell down simply by contacting a linemen hip or leg on the blitz.

VeritasSteel wrote:
Front 7 looks like it could get our swagger back.


I don't give a shit about swagger...21 in rush defense and you have some swishy mfers on the field.


Did you think it was funny that foote was seeing a lot more action next to Timmons before he got hurt? If you were running an offense and you had a choice to put foote or Timmons on your RB or you want to ISO your TE on either who do you choose? Foote or whomever else is in there. So you throw numbers but you're not talking about what offenses see and what they scheme away from. We want numbers and information to justify our POV and most times miss nuances that people sometimes go a lifetime and never get.

I think that works into your comment on arm chair GMs. A guy making pics based on media outlets and scouring the internet is what the Bengals used to do. It's what the Browns do. Where is the success there. Bengals scouting department used to be 3 guys pretty much letting everyone else do the work, then just attending the combine and making picks on their best guesses. Not really effective.

The real value in having people who know talent and can see it no matter where it is, is it allows you to make better financial choices with your team. Many of us here would draft a guy because "Ben needs a weapon" when the entire defense is 2 years overdue for an overhaul. PS surprised many when TP came to this team and no one knew how dynamic he could be. If the same person who drafted him is saying he did it because he brings that same type of athleticism in a LBs body-- I'm at least going to observe him in a Pro Game before I consider him a bust. No one knew what Troy was capable of until he made plays in his first game and then our eyes were opened. Let's hope for the same thing from RS.

Author:  steelclan [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Whether it was the OP's intention or not, this thread invited Zivco. Zivco does not like Shazier. He didn't like him prior to the Steelers drafting him. It was well documented to say the least before the recent board crash.

You guys that are sooo upset about Zivco's opinion on the player are hilarious. Clean the sand out of your vaginas.


Oh no! Not the man card! God help us, wouldnt want to be seen as not manly enough! I'll tell you what, I'll continue to call out posters that favor agendas and chest thumping above the team and just for you I'll don a tutu so you can grin ear to ear in your wife beater T collection.

Author:  Zivco [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

VeritasSteel wrote:
Did you think it was funny that foote was seeing a lot more action next to Timmons before he got hurt? If you were running an offense and you had a choice to put foote or Timmons on your RB or you want to ISO your TE on either who do you choose? Foote or whomever else is in there. So you throw numbers but you're not talking about what offenses see and what they scheme away from. We want numbers and information to justify our POV and most times miss nuances that people sometimes go a lifetime and never get.


I find it funny that you think old, rickety ass Foote was any sort of solution.

VeritasSteel wrote:
I think that works into your comment on arm chair GMs. A guy making pics based on media outlets and scouring the internet is what the Bengals used to do. It's what the Browns do. Where is the success there. Bengals scouting department used to be 3 guys pretty much letting everyone else do the work, then just attending the combine and making picks on their best guesses. Not really effective.


I want my HC having final word in all my shopping. My thoughts on armchair QBs doing a better job is exactly because of the franchises like the ones you mentioned...no matter how many are employed I think nearly every post 80s great team has had two or less decision makers. This idea that the PS scouting staff are equally weighted or take some sort of vote is ridiculous.

VeritasSteel wrote:
The real value in having people who know talent and can see it no matter where it is, is it allows you to make better financial choices with your team. Many of us here would draft a guy because "Ben needs a weapon" when the entire defense is 2 years overdue for an overhaul. PS surprised many when TP came to this team and no one knew how dynamic he could be. If the same person who drafted him is saying he did it because he brings that same type of athleticism in a LBs body-- I'm at least going to observe him in a Pro Game before I consider him a bust. No one knew what Troy was capable of until he made plays in his first game and then our eyes were opened. Let's hope for the same thing from RS.


It was very clear what I prioritized before the draft. I have called him many things...but not a bust.

steelclan wrote:
Oh no! Not the man card! God help us, wouldnt want to be seen as not manly enough! I'll tell you what, I'll continue to call out posters that favor agendas and chest thumping above the team and just for you I'll don a tutu so you can grin ear to ear in your wife beater T collection.


And I'll continue to think of you as sliding and whining....

Author:  Obviously [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

I'll never forget the meltdown in the chat room that Thursday night. It was absolutely legendary. Right up there with the Sac of Steel meltdown on the old site.

Author:  BarryFoster [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Zivco wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
Can we at least give RS a chance before crucifying him? Holy fuck. Was i suprised when the Steelers selected him? Yes. Am i hoping he succeeds? Yes. Some here are openly hoping he fails, which i think is fucked up.


No doubt I'm the largest critic. I'm not hoping he fails. I'm being crystal clear on my opinion of his tape. We are 8-8 twice in a row...I find irrational exuberance and cheerleader like optimism much more off putting then the mediocre truth. I will obviously live or die with this opinion and I trust what I saw on tape.


What you saw on tape? You mean his entire body of work to this point?

Wonder if they feel like he hasn't peaked yet?

Christ....if you're so good at evaluating talent send a resume into the Steelers.....you'd probably have to start at the bottom.....like pee wee football in Florida. ...but at least you would get your foot in the door.

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Obviously wrote:
I'll never forget the meltdown in the chat room that Thursday night. It was absolutely legendary. Right up there with the Sac of Steel meltdown on the old site.

Holy shit, Obviously...I am totally mesmerized by your sig pic(or whatever its called). I cant stop staring at her! :shock:

Author:  Zivco [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

BarryFoster wrote:
Christ....if you're so good at evaluating talent send a resume into the Steelers.....you'd probably have to start at the bottom.....like pee wee football in Florida. ...but at least you would get your foot in the door.


I'm fine with just Jesus. The only reason I go to pee wee football games is to eyeball the cheerleaders. I understand the process...and my complete inability to access it at any level at this point...so my wisdom must be contained by this message board...it will hardly be the first time in human history that the process has denied greatness. Perhaps in the future someone stumbles across these words and it's all Kafka/Van Gogh/Galileo/Poe..

Author:  Poltargyst [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shazier guy, or not?

Of course Clan is a manly man, he's Scottish. They throw boulders and telephone poles for fun.

Page 7 of 8 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/