It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tubmonster aka Shazpussy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:11 pm 

I think it's safe to say all the criticism this guy took here was pretty unfair.

Yes, he was hurt often.

But is he not a playmaker? Is he not a defensive leader?

Is he not on the verge of super stardom and a Pro Bowl?

Haters gonna hate....but I have loved this guy all along.

Dude is a flat out STUD

Post subject: Re: Tubmonster aka Shazpussy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:13 pm 

Working in both an STD reference as well as a Zivco/Clemson reference. Well played!

Last edited by Obviously on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:14 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
I think it's safe to say all the criticism this guy took here was pretty unfair.

Yes, he was hurt often.

But is he not a playmaker? Is he not a defensive leader?

Is he not on the verge of super stardom and a Pro Bowl?

Haters gonna hate....but I have loved this guy all along.

Dude is a flat out STUD

All of our linebackers have become GREAT since Jervis got the heave ho.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:20 pm 

KC wrote:
All of our linebackers have become GREAT since Jervis got the heave ho.

An interesting question would be if they WERE really trying to roll with Jervis, or if the thinking all along was to save Harrison for the playoffs.

Harrison was a beast down the stretch, and especially yesterday. I don't know that he could be doing this if he had not been, at most, platooned during most of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:22 pm 

I'll give Tomlin a huge pat on the back for his handling of Harrison and managing his early season minutes. Deebo is fresh for this playoff run. And agreed #29, when Shaz is on the field he is indeed a playmaker!

Last edited by GreekSteel on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:23 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

90% of that criticism was coming from one or two people

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm 

Shazier showed almost from Day 1 the ability he had. That was never really a question, staying healthy was.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't prove to be injury prone. In my mind, he's already crossed that threshold where you see players like Ben or Polamulu frequently banged-up throughout their career.

It's my own anecdotal observation, but once a player misses games for 2 or 3 different injuries, you can pretty much book there will be a 4th, 5th, 6th...Doesn't seem to be any middle ground - your joints and ligaments can either mostly hold-up to the NFL or it's a career long battle for you to stay healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:19 pm 

Are we not concerned about his wrist circumference though?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:50 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:

Beat me to it :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:55 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:

http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.a ... Size-Wrist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:49 pm 

This idea that a Pro Bowl caliber ILB can just play EVERY SINGLE GAME and not miss time to injury is a nice fantasy.

Surely there must be some top shelf ILBs that play every game right?

With San Francisco, they have Patrick Willis, Norvorro Bowman and Chris Borland never miss any, uh, time... never mind. Two retired due to concussions and Bowman has missed 28 games the past 3 years.

Surely KC's Derrick Johnson is that iron man who never misses any time... nope, twice in the past 3 years ended up on IR.

Carolina's Luke Kuechly? He is no tub monster, right? Wrong. 9 games missed to concussions the past two years.

Why the ILB the Steelers were supposed to draft over Shazier, CJ Mosley, surely he is no Shazpussy? Wrong, he missed 2 games this year and in the final game of the year he injured his ankle and was in a boot, if they had somehow made the playoffs he probably would not have been available.

That Belicheck, he must know how to draft an ILB with great wrist circumference right? He drafted an ILB with great size but all of that hasn't prevented Hightower from missing 11 starts the past 3 seasons.

No, ILBs miss time, just the nature of the position. That is why I still shake my head when people are so critical or unappreciative of Lawrence Timmons. He is the exception to the rule.

Shazier is fine, doing just fine when compared to his contemporaries in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:55 pm 

PIT has a long history of 3-4 ILB's that rarely missed time.

You name a handful of guys missing some time, and arguably less injury prone than Shazier has been. But there are about 50 ILB starting in this league.

I pray Shazier can stay healthy because he's a major impact player. But you can't make an impact on the sidelines in sweats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:56 pm 

Scunge wrote:
This idea that a Pro Bowl caliber ILB can just play EVERY SINGLE GAME and not miss time to injury is a nice fantasy.

With San Francisco, they have Patrick Willis, Norvorro Bowman and Chris Borland never miss any, uh, time... never mind. Two retired due to concussions and Bowman has missed 28 games the past 3 years.

Surely KC's Derrick Johnson is that iron man who never misses any time... nope, twice in the past 3 years ended up on IR.

Carolina's Luke Kuechly? He is no tub monster, right? Wrong. 9 games missed to concussions the past two years.

Why the ILB the Steelers were supposed to draft over Shazier, CJ Mosley, surely he is no Shazpussy? Wrong, he missed 2 games this year and in the final game of the year he injured his ankle and was in a boot, if they had somehow made the playoffs he probably would not have been available.

That Belicheck, he must know how to draft an ILB with great wrist circumference right? He drafted an ILB with great size but all of that hasn't prevented Hightower from missing 11 starts the past 3 seasons.

No, ILBs miss time, just the nature of the position. That is why I still shake my head when people are so critical or unappreciative of Lawrence Timmons. He is the exception to the rule.

Shazier is fine, doing just fine when compared to his contemporaries in the NFL.

I have to report you to the admins for breaking the rules of the board. One of which is listed as facts are not to be used to prove points. only opinions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 pm 

Potsie never missed time.

We know he played hurt too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:08 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
PIT has a long history of 3-4 ILB's that rarely missed time.

You name a handful of guys missing some time, and arguably less injury prone than Shazier has been. But there are about 50 ILB starting in this league.

I pray Shazier can stay healthy because he's a major impact player. But you can't make an impact on the sidelines in sweats.

Enjoy him

Embrace him

Don't hate on him

Your negativity is annoying

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:09 pm 

stillthere wrote:
Scunge wrote:

I have to report you to the admins for breaking the rules of the board. One of which is listed as facts are not to be used to prove points. only opinions.

Exactly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 pm 

Can we wait until he makes it through the playoffs before we start saying he was unfairly criticized? He doesn't usually play a lot of games in a row without injury. Let's not jinx him please.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm 

I love when people say I am cherry picking ILBs that are injury prone. Honestly, show me some ILBs that just never miss any time and play at a high level and do everything that Shazier can do, or that Timmons can do.

Miami's Kiko Alonso had a cast, a club on his right hand, he also missed the entire 2014 season for Buffalo, and then was traded to Philly where he started just one game for them, now he has rebounded in Miami.

Ray Lewis missed some 45 games due to injuries over the course of his career. Did Ravens fans worry and fret over all of that missed time?

Between 2011 and 2015, the Cowboys Sean Lee missed 33 games.

Hardy Nickerson missed 31 games in his career.

Brian Urlacher missed 28 games in his career.

Zach Thomas missed 24 games in his career.

Harry Carson missed 23 games in his career.

And even when players did not technically miss a game, they are credited for having been active for the game but they did not start. So, you can be listed as having played in 16 games but only started 8 games. James Farrior for example, yeah, he only missed 10 games in his career but he only had 197 starts out of a possible 230. So, why didn't he start those 33 other possible games?

It is just very hard and unrealistic to think that an ILB can play and start every. single. game. Like I said, it is a nice fantasy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 pm 

Shaz got hurt a lot because, "Tomlin has a history of getting players hurt and costing the Steelers a chance at the Super Bowl." :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 pm 

Scunge bringing it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:57 pm 

Double Yoi wrote:
Shaz got hurt a lot because, "Tomlin has a history of getting players hurt and costing the Steelers a chance at the Super Bowl." :roll:

Landry Jones is an excellent handoff monkey

4 minutes left up 18 WITH the ball

Bring in the handoff monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Double Yoi wrote:

How wet is your diaper?

Surely it's time for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:14 pm 

We got spoiled with the Splatter who missed few games despite a ferocious playing style.

Until the end, where turf toe got him.

But I'm not sure about his wrist circumference....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:14 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Double Yoi wrote:

How wet is your diaper?

Surely it's time for a change.

Has nothing to do with bedwetting, rather it's about making smart decisions involving key players in specific game situations.

Are you still on vacation from whatever it is you do that allows you to post every few minutes?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

C'mon man, that not fair. He's a mediocre handoff monkey at best.