It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Discounting the first matchup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:05 pm 

What the fuck is wrong with these idiotic talking heads?

Yes, I know we aren't gonna beat them 43-14. Yes I know "they're different now." (chiefs that is)

But I just saw yet another idiot, Jimmy Johnson talk about how Ben throwing downfield plays into the Chiefs hands.

Huh?

You can't just act like the first game never happened. And I fully expect a truly competitive game....but to throw the results of the first asskicking out the window is just plain stupid and shows your bias.

Same people pick against us consistently.

And lastly, we are different from the first matchup also. We are better.

Fake news now on sports channels also?

:roll:

Post subject: Re: Discounting the first matchup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:19 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Yes, I know we aren't gonna beat them 43-14. Yes I know "they're different now." (chiefs that is)

But I just saw yet another idiot, Jimmy Johnson talk about how Ben throwing downfield plays into the Chiefs hands.

Huh?

You can't just act like the first game never happened. And I fully expect a truly competitive game....but to throw the results of the first asskicking out the window is just plain stupid and shows your bias.

Given weather and Chefs poor run D I agree Ben going downfield in wind, ice rain etc is frankly very risky. As for the match-up, Chefs get back Houston though how many snaps he'll play is up for debate. Chefs are missing key pieces on dline and Johnson was far and away their best run defender. This is a day for Ben to throw 15 times and Bell to run, run, Dwill series then Bell run some more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:23 pm 

steelclan wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Huh?

Given weather and Chefs poor run D I agree Ben going downfield in wind, ice rain etc is frankly very risky. As for the match-up, Chefs get back Houston though how many snaps he'll play is up for debate. Chefs are missing key pieces on dline and Johnson was far and away their best run defender. This is a day for Ben to throw 15 times and Bell to run, run, Dwill series then Bell run some more.
And what happens if the O line isn't dominating? What happens if they come out flat, and can't run the ball to save their life?

I'm concerned they will force the issue when it's not working. Then they get pass happy in Q4 and hope nothing bad happens in a freezing downpour.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:24 pm 

Guess my point is that regardless of the Steelers game plan in this wet, cold rematch, they probably have a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:40 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Guess my point is that regardless of the Steelers game plan in this wet, cold rematch, they probably have a chance.
You're not living up to your avatar.

What's wrong with you? :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
You're not living up to your avatar.

What's wrong with you? :D

I know, sorry..

I feel like we have a very good team. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
steelclan wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Huh?

And what happens if the O line isn't dominating? What happens if they come out flat, and can't run the ball to save their life?

I'm concerned they will force the issue when it's not working. Then they get pass happy in Q4 and hope nothing bad happens in a freezing downpour.

All good points Cor-Ten. And when is everyone going to realize that DWill is not getting carries unless Bell get's injured. It's not how Tomlin and Haley roll.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:09 pm 

the talking heads are unbelievable idiots

One guy today says the Steelers season has been very "up and down" so he expects down this week

Wait, we won 9 games in a row!

where the fuck is the 'up and down'?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:16 pm 

Chiefs are catching as ass kicking tomorrow. They wont get 45 layed on em, but thats just because both teams going to be heavy slanted to the run.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:27 pm 

as I said in another thread, I understand the idea of discounting our game in Mia against the Fins, because:
1.Ben got injured in that game
2. we were missing 5 starters on Defense

I knew we were a different team from that day

But I don't see the Chiefs being very different from the reg season game.

Their personnel is identical except for JHouston

I don't expect a 30 point win, but I won't simply say that KC is a "totally different team" -- they are not