It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AFC Championship - legacy match up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:31 pm 

Just MHO on how I see next weeks AFC Championship Game.
For so many years, and like everyone else on this board, I fucking hate New England, Tom Brady, Bellicheat and the rest of their goons.

Whether it was a regular season game, or worse ..in the playoffs, I simply hated for us to lose to them.
Always hoping for the best, but the reality was we were good, and most of the time, they were better.

The game this weekend has me feeling COMPLETELY confident in the Steelers being a better team and coming home with a win.

I felt whoever won the KC game was going to win in New England anyway. KC was no slouch, and that was a tough win for us.
Hell we have been in the playoffs/sudden death for 2+ months already. Time to punch the bully in the mouth.

New England won last week against Houston with a subpar performance, against a QB named Brock Osweiler, who basically gave the game to them.
Hell, if Dion Lewis doesn’t have a “NFL Historic” performance, I’m not sure the Patriots would have won.

Upon further review, NE played the vast majority of their games against teams with weaker QB’s and/or running backs and receivers combinations.

There will be a significant upgrade in quality when they go up against Ben Roethlisberger, Le Veon Bell and Antonio Brown and our offensive line.
Our defense is playing cohesively, the secondary has gained confidence and are playing at a high level.
Our rookies are playing lights out, and the 2nd and 3rd year players are playing like savvy veterans.

I seriously doubt our red zone issues will be a problem, and it would be senseless to believe it will be another 6 field goal game.
Hoping L. Green gets a helmet and adds another dimension to our offense.

This is a legacy game for both camps. The Brady/Bellicheat/New England era soon coming to a close.
The Ben/Tomlin/Pittsburgh era needing a signature win in #7s twilight.

Our time is NOW.

I ride !

Post subject: Re: AFC Championship - legacy match up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:34 pm 

At 35+, every playoff game is a legacy game now for Ben. This season seems like it carries a little extra importance though. Brady going for the record 5th ring, Ben trying to join the small club of winning 3+, Rogers looking for a second ring to go along with all of his stats, and Ryan trying to join the party and get into the HOF discussions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 pm 

This games comes down to 2 things-

1) Ben's performance
2) Can our pass defense stop Brady

I have my doubts. I need to see it -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:55 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:

1) Ben's performance

You are slightly right on #2, but we can cover the receivers well enough, so its not just Brady.
But Ben hasn't been stellar in a while, and we rode Bell accordingly. It no longer has to be on his shoulders only. Thats a good place to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:56 pm 

I will *not* delegitimize this year's edition of the New England Patriots.
Belichick has been to *six* straight AFCCs and hasn't lost more than four times in a season over that span.
They don't get to pick and choose who they face in the playoff, nor do they control intra-conference or intra-division play.

No combination of weak divisions or conspiracy-theory hysteria over cheating, will ever seriously make me doubt this is one of the all-time most successful dynasties in all of sports, much less the NFL. In league history there is no doubt this is one of the all-time greatest coaches, with one of the top five QBs ever to play the game.

If we win this week, it will mean immense things for the legacy of everyone on this Steelers team, and everyone in the organization. Bragging rights against the Patriots - in their house - is bigger to me than a seventh Lombardi. By an *incalculable* margin.

No excuses - no justifications. Go out there, and beat the ever loving piss out of these Marky Mark looking, chowder-quaffing, adds-a-random-"er" to every word that ends in a vowel, entitled, hypersensitive intolerable fucking nancies en route to a Super Bowl, and #7 in the victory formation will be in a frame on my wall until I die.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:14 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
I will *not* delegitimize this year's edition of the New England Patriots.
Belichick has been to *six* straight AFCCs and hasn't lost more than four times in a season over that span.
They don't get to pick and choose who they face in the playoff, nor do they control intra-conference or intra-division play.

No combination of weak divisions or conspiracy-theory hysteria over cheating, will ever seriously make me doubt this is one of the all-time most successful dynasties in all of sports, much less the NFL. In league history there is no doubt this is one of the all-time greatest coaches, with one of the top five QBs ever to play the game.

If we win this week, it will mean immense things for the legacy of everyone on this Steelers team, and everyone in the organization. Bragging rights against the Patriots - in their house - is bigger to me than a seventh Lombardi. By an *incalculable* margin.

No excuses - no justifications. Go out there, and beat the ever loving piss out of these Marky Mark looking, chowder-quaffing, adds-a-random-"er" to every word that ends in a vowel, entitled, hypersensitive intolerable fucking nancies en route to a Super Bowl, and #7 in the victory formation will be in a frame on my wall until I die.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:32 pm 

Quote:
chowder-quaffing

Classic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:54 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Quote:
chowder-quaffing

Classic

Come on Beth .... Marky Mark lookin Mutha Fuckers is pretty good too ! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:55 pm 

Im going Steelers in the score game but that means nothing in stadiums, obviously.

You know what we need. I cant say it because that might jinx the whole thing.

Hint: it starts with bed and alludes to night time moisture

and by you know who.

BTW, I didn't read anything about this since this morning but AB pulling Tony Smith bulletin board pranks doesn't help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 pm 

Defense wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

1) Ben's performance

You are slightly right on #2, but we can cover the receivers well enough, so its not just Brady.
But Ben hasn't been stellar in a while, and we rode Bell accordingly. It no longer has to be on his shoulders only. Thats a good place to be.

Are you talking about the 4th Quarter of the Ravens game or The 1st half of the Miami game?