It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TFFPK on Ben's Statement
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:20 pm 

He's a dillweed douchbag. Of course he goes low to fellate Brady like he always does

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/25/ben- ... fl-mailbag

Quote:
Roethlisberger deserves his share of the blame that the first 19 series of the Kansas City/New England game were played without a touchdown pass. Great quarterbacks can overcome personnel issues, and some play-calling issues too. Where was the great throw or two into postage-stamp targets? Where was the on-field brow-beating we might have seen from Brady? Not there.

As for Haley, he deserves criticism here too, and not just a little. How does a team with Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback and Antonio Brown at receiver and a very good offensive line generate zero touchdown passes in a 19-series span in the two biggest games of the year? It’s unacceptable. Maybe there’s a reason why Haley got zero sniffs this year at a head-coaching job with the six openings. And maybe it has to do with the fact that this offense, at the biggest moments of the year, vastly underachieved. The blame needs to be spread, and the play-designer and -caller needs to accept his share too.

So I think Roethlisberger will meet with Tomlin at some point soon, and probably with the brass, and probably with Haley. Those meetings need to be had. And I think Roethlisberger will come back at age 35, for his 14th year. But he’ll be heard first.

Post subject: Re: TFFPK on Ben's Statement
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
He's a dillweed douchbag. Of course he goes low to fellate Brady like he always does

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/25/ben- ... fl-mailbag

Quote:
Roethlisberger deserves his share of the blame that the first 19 series of the Kansas City/New England game were played without a touchdown pass. Great quarterbacks can overcome personnel issues, and some play-calling issues too. Where was the great throw or two into postage-stamp targets? Where was the on-field brow-beating we might have seen from Brady? Not there.

As for Haley, he deserves criticism here too, and not just a little. How does a team with Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback and Antonio Brown at receiver and a very good offensive line generate zero touchdown passes in a 19-series span in the two biggest games of the year? It’s unacceptable. Maybe there’s a reason why Haley got zero sniffs this year at a head-coaching job with the six openings. And maybe it has to do with the fact that this offense, at the biggest moments of the year, vastly underachieved. The blame needs to be spread, and the play-designer and -caller needs to accept his share too.

So I think Roethlisberger will meet with Tomlin at some point soon, and probably with the brass, and probably with Haley. Those meetings need to be had. And I think Roethlisberger will come back at age 35, for his 14th year. But he’ll be heard first.

Brady is GOAT and deserves all the praise he gets.

TFFPK is absolutely spot on in everything he says in this quote.

By the way, over at the repost Depot, there's a nice article up about how Ben over the past three seasons averages out first in home passer rating and fifth worst in away passer rating.

This is a definite trend. Something about the Ben Haley combo is not working and the inconsistency is killing us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:31 pm 

Agreed on the Ben Haley issues totally.

Peter King is a douchebag, and always will be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 pm 

I've said that Ben's biggest issue is if he's upset with the way things are, he's being passive aggressive about it.

Vocalize it if you've got problems with what Haley is calling. Don't "just run the Play" and then cryptically bitch about it later.

And I agree too, that it's BS that Ben "just runs the plays" and "they have no run/pass checks at the goal line".

We know that's not true.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:42 pm 

I've never considered Ben a great, or even good leader.

Yeah, I don't know what goes on underneath the surface the way Jeemie does, but the part of the Ben iceberg that is visible above water is far less than ideal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm 

How can you disagree with a word King wrote?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
How can you disagree with a word King wrote?

Agreed.

Some of this is pretty straight forward to me.

Tomlin is a leader/exec/teacher. And I think he's really good at it.

He needs coordinators that are game planners / schemers. He basically needs better football minds than himself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 pm 

did i disagree? i didn't' see myself type it. :)

We haven't had a FFPK thread in a while

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:15 pm 

Clearly O numbers pretty bad in last Q of the season. especially last two playoff games.

But we needed Wheaton and Coates to step up and green to have an impact. And no be of that happened.

One play that was telling to me is there was a flag route to Hamilton and you could see that was bens first read. And he thought about it for a half second. He pulled it back and hit Eli on the crosser. Now in a way smart play. But if Ben has confidence in that wr decent chance that's a td.

As to Haley he could do a better job at prep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:23 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
I've said that Ben's biggest issue is if he's upset with the way things are, he's being passive aggressive about it.

Vocalize it if you've got problems with what Haley is calling. Don't "just run the Play" and then cryptically bitch about it later.

And I agree too, that it's BS that Ben "just runs the plays" and "they have no run/pass checks at the goal line".

We know that's not true.

This would make sense if you had any clue what Ben says or doesn't say to the staff behind closed doors.