It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PSL for Sale....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:08 pm 

Two seats, Section 513, Row Q.....PM me if interested.

Post subject: Re: PSL for Sale....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:03 pm 

I remember about 10 years ago when I would have shelled out for PSLs when my name comes up in on the waiting list. How the times have changed. Thanks NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 pm 

R S wrote:
I remember about 10 years ago when I would have shelled out for PSLs when my name comes up in on the waiting list. How the times have changed. Thanks NFL.

Same, but I can't entirely blame the NFL. Thanks HD TV?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am 

I find the game very watered down. For many of the reasons that are discussed here often. Not to mention the commercials, the NFL gouging the consumer at every opportunity. TV helps too. But I wouldn't even shell out for the Sunday ticket.

Post subject: Re: PSL for Sal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 am 

R S wrote:

It's coincidental that you say this. I had been on the waiting list since 1996. By the time 2007-2008 rolled around I got antsy. I had the opportunity to get 2 PSLs with one of my partners. I jumped at the chance.

Now, I am strongly considering selling my interest. I've got 2 young kids now with another on the way. I don't have time to go to the games even if I wanted to. The game day experience isn't really any better than the experience at my own house. I am not an old codger like some on this board (I, am 42) but the hassle of attending games combined with the product just doesn't make it seem worth it.

I agree RS, what a difference 10 years makes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:34 pm 

I was on the mailing list since 1992, eventually offered two seats, PSL about $4000/each. I'm in my mid 50s, live in Baltimore area and totally content to go out and find tickets and go to one game per year. I actually don't want to plunk down $8k for the right to buy 20 tickets per year at $110/each and then hassle with selling them when I don't go, just don't are that much anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I was on the mailing list since 1992, eventually offered two seats, PSL about $4000/each. I'm in my mid 50s, live in Baltimore area and totally content to go out and find tickets and go to one game per year. I actually don't want to plunk down $8k for the right to buy 20 tickets per year at $110/each and then hassle with selling them when I don't go, just don't are that much anymore.

And then you don't have to limit yourself to seeing the games in Pittsburgh. In the future, I'd love to see the Steelers play somewhere like Green Bay or Denver and experience a game in those cities. Or maybe a fun travel destination like Miami or New Orleans. Its much easier to justify traveling to a Steelers game if you're not dropping a crazy amount of money on a seat license.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:42 pm 

I've been on the waiting list since 2001. I'm pretty sure I'm getting close. Not sure I'll buy when I'm up or not.

Anyone know if I decline, am I off the list? Out? Asked again? Another chance the following year.

Just wondered.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

And then you don't have to limit yourself to seeing the games in Pittsburgh. In the future, I'd love to see the Steelers play somewhere like Green Bay or Denver and experience a game in those cities. Or maybe a fun travel destination like Miami or New Orleans. Its much easier to justify traveling to a Steelers game if you're not dropping a crazy amount of money on a seat license.

I've seen them in Baltimore and Nashville. Nashville was worth the trip. It was a fun city. Saw a Thursday Night game. Flew in Wednesday and flew out Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 am 

Nick79 wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

I've seen them in Baltimore and Nashville. Nashville was worth the trip. It was a fun city. Saw a Thursday Night game. Flew in Wednesday and flew out Sunday.

Away games are a lot of fun. I've been to Baltimore, Cincinnati twice, and Jacksonville.

I was at the game in Baltimore when Santonio Holmes caught the game winning TD with that controversial diving catch on the goal line. That was awesome.