It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers interested in Trumaine Johnson or click bait?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
"The Rams have been open to other trade options as well, though this deal of Gaines makes it even less likely they move top corner Trumaine Johnson, who is making $17 million this season after being franchised a second straight year," La Canfora wrote Friday. "Sources said the Steelers have been among the teams sniffing around on a possible Johnson trade." https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stee ... e-johnson/
No thanks. He is too expensive. They still haven't signed Tuitt or Bell and there are a slew of players in line for new contracts next year.

Who cares about Bell?

He's obviously done in Pittsburgh after this season. He turned down more money than he was worth, why should the Steelers offer more? Guy has missed nearly 20 games and wants a bank breaking deal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:26 pm 

I believe the Steelers will try once more to get a deal done with Bell. While I agree Bell is not worth the $12 to $15 Mil per he desires I think the Steelers will still attempt to accommodate him fairly. It'll be up to Bell. My hope is Tuitt gets his deal done before the regular season begins.

Scunge, I don't believe any GM in their right mind would trade anything for Golson other than a cheeseburger and coke. Dude is a huge disappointment. Coates on the other hand could bring interest, But even there Coates had what can be considered a disappointment of a season last year. So my question is where is the value with these two particular players and how do they add up to a fair deal regarding a Johnson trade? Seems like the lambs would be getting the shit end of the stick.

I think they would have to pay Johnson big money. Norman is the only other vet corner making more at $20mil. Johnson would want the same if not more. Why I stated No Thanks too expensive. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap ... k/veteran/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:50 pm 

The Steelers need to stick to their guns with Bell. Either Bell signs the tender, let him holdout and waste a year or if possible, trade his ass now. Bell is a great player, no doubt. I think the Steelers have given him a fair offer based on the time that he's missed (injury/suspension). Maybe he needs to talk to Matt Forte, Barry Sanders or Marshawn Lynch (Buffalo) about playing on a shitty team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:57 pm 

I'd trade his ass to a shitty team now and hook up this Johnson dude.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:01 pm 

I was a big pro-Bell guy coming into the draft. I loved the pick. But, here we are 2 knee surgeries and disciplinary problems later...as well as once again breaking down at a key playoff time.

He's simply not worth the money. Give me a great corner or a pass rusher any day over Bell. Our odds of winning the SB go way up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:16 pm 
franco32 wrote:
I was a big pro-Bell guy coming into the draft. I loved the pick. But, here we are 2 knee surgeries and disciplinary problems later...as well as once again breaking down at a key playoff time.

He's simply not worth the money. Give me a great corner or a pass rusher any day over Bell. Our odds of winning the SB go way up.

The injuries...the suspensions....and not being available in the post season are huge issues....gonna be sad to see him go but i franchise him next year as well and then let him walk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:02 pm 

Would you guys consider Bell and Cockrell for Gurley and Johnson, straight up?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:19 pm 

DP39 wrote:

Absolutely. That's a no brainer. The Rams would have to be borderline retarded though to make that deal. Also, I don't know what you do with Johnson's contract. That's a big problem.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:30 pm 

franco32 wrote:
DP39 wrote:

Absolutely. That's a no brainer. The Rams would have to be borderline retarded though to make that deal. Also, I don't know what you do with Johnson's contract. That's a big problem.

That's why I suggested it. Johnson's contract is only $4.5 million more than Bell's. That's one of the few ways I could think of landing Johnson and his contract.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:33 pm 
My answer to that problem is this. Every game should 40 or more points on offense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next