It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dobbs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm 

Guys... Seriously now, Dobbs is NEVER going to be able to make the throws that Jones can. He's way too wildly erratic at this point in his development to ever be anything more than a wildcat type QB. He makes Tebow look like Marino.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:00 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Guys... Seriously now, Dobbs is NEVER going to be able to make the throws that Jones can. He's way too wildly erratic at this point in his development to ever be anything more than a wildcat type QB. He makes Tebow look like Marino.

Jones is awful.

I know you're a troll, but please don't be ridiculous. He's got an arm weaker than most college QB's, let alone pro's.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Laundry Jones first preseason was in 2013. For the entire preseason he was 30 of 66, 45.5% completion rate, and threw 2 TDs with 3 INTs for a passer rating of 53.1. Ouch!

Dobbs in his first preseason game was 8 of 15 for 100 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. He completed 53% of his passes and had a passer rating of 56.9. That Xavier Grimble TD pass, that was nullified by penalty, where he was running to his left and throwing across his body is something that Laundry Jones can't do.

And don't tell me that the Giants didn't have anybody out there early on, that was Pro Bowler Landon Collins at safety, that was Damon Harrison at NT, that was Olivier Vernon at DE. That O-line we had out there was really bad minus Decastro and Gilbert. Jerald Hawkins, WTF? How many were saying here not to give Big Al a contract because we had Hawkins in the pipeline? Are you serious? So many were talking this offseason that if he had come out this season instead of last season he would have been a 2nd round pick. Really? He looked like an UDFA last night.

Anyway, people see what they want to see, I think Dobbs will easily be better than Laundry Jones this year, all he needs is reps. Every day that Jones spend out with a tummy ache gives Dobbs more reps and practice to take his job.

I will take that action on the last paragraph - not gonna happen ... for a variety of reasons

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 pm 

While Jones' arm strength may be closer to Tom Brady's, than it is to Dan Fouts, he certainly has enough arm to make all NFL throws. If that were the position's only requirement, Dobbs would stand a chance. But, Dobbs simply doesn't have the tools to process information and react quickly enough to make the reads and throws, and that means he's not an NFL capable QB.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:29 pm 

Not at this point in his career I agree. Doesn't mean a rocket science major can't figure out an effective means to process football information more efficiently. You guys picking on Dobbs are far too premature with your judgements.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm 

I rewatched this, and I'll add that Dobbs' OL gave him zero help. It was not pretty up front.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 pm 

like to see Dobbs with a full OL and B/B as his wr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 am 

Yeah, B/B probably need to work on their tackling skills too.