It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jesse James Article on ESPN
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:27 pm 

I'm a JJ defender as I believe that he will get much better.

Remember, he is very young. He just turned 23 in June. He is 2 months older than Trubisky, 2 months younger than Rueben Foster (1st round pick of the 9ers) and 4 months older than TJ Watt. Those are all 1st round picks from this year.

He has 2 NFL seasons under his belt too.

I think/hope that this is the year he takes a big step.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 pm 

FC wrote:
The Steelers value the long snapper more than the TE.

I laughed...

Then I thought about it. By God you're right. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:07 pm 

My problem with Jesse James is that he needs to develop a mean streak and run with anger. I have said this in other threads but he runs like a pussy with the ball in his hands, so tentative, like he is afraid of getting hurt. With his size and length and decent speed, he did run a 4.66, 4.71 at his Pro Day, he should be able to pick up more yards after the catch. When they throw the ball to him, I am resigned to the fact that there will be no RAC yardage, he will make the catch and then be easily tackled.

In terms of the Steelers as an organization not valuing TEs I don't see that at all. Benny Cunningham, Eric Green, Mark Bruner, and Heath Miller were all 1st round picks. They also drafted their fair share in round 3, 4, 5, be it Matt Spaeth, Adrian Cooper, Brent Jones, Jerame Tuman, Jesse James. They went after free agents like Mike Mularkey and Ladarius Green. This past draft there was a run on TEs just like CBs and Ss so early that there was nothing left in the cupboard by the time of our 3rd round picks. It happens.

I think they will draft a TE high in the next draft maybe 2nd or 3rd round if they see a player they like.