It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 855
SP wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
AP got 14.5ish in '14 ?

Bell is well worth 15. He and his agent arent dumb.
They knew he was getting tagged at 12ish and the following year would be 14.5ish.

They are setting the market. He wil be 27 when he hits the market in '19. He will have low miles and 2 rings. Hes easily gonna get 15M+ . We will get pick 97 and 98 for Bell and Bryant



All I can say to that is Demarco Murray.

Murray rushed for 1800 yards and caught 400 yards worth of passes. He went into free agency and saw the market for RBs was soft and took an $8 million per year contract. Bell is worth what somebody will pay him, I doubt that is much higher than what he was offered by the Steelers.


I think the soft market was a contributing factor, but I believe that the book on Murray is that he was in the right spot at the right time in Dallas. Great offensive line, an above average QB that gave him opportunities to run into favorable numbers in the box. Most of his receptions were check downs, wheel routes, and screens basically stuff a RB should be able to do. The fact that he has not even sniffed those numbers since has shown his value to be at that mark.

I think what we miss about Bell sometimes is his ability to get the defense to commit pre-snap what they are going to do. Which gives us the ability to adjust the play to take advantage of. Reggie Bush gave the Saints offense something similar, Marshall Faulk same way. Those RBs made defenses commit in ways that a Demarco Murray could never dictate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1213
Bell's receiving numbers? Better than many #1 WRs, are you serious? His numbers aren't even better than many other RBs.

I look at the past two years and what has he done really? Nothing that says he is generational, that his production is so great that he deserves to be paid like a #2 WR as well.

Here is a game, match the receiving production with the RB. I will include number of catches over 20+ yards and 40+ too.

A 127 catches, 1,040 yards, 8.2 avg, 5 TDs, 6 over 20+, 1 over 40+
B 116 catches, 1,336 yards, 11.5 avg, 8 TDs, 19 over 20+, 4 over 40+
C 99 catches, 752 yards, 7.6 avg, 2 TDs, 6 over 20+ yards, 0 over 40+
D 82 catches, 648 yards, 7.9 avg, 3 TDs, 5 over 20+ yards, 1 over 40+
E 74 catches, 652 yards, 8.8 avg, 4 TDs, 7 over 20+ yards, 1 over 40+

1 Matt Forte
2 Leveon Bell
3 Shady McCoy
4 Devonta Freeman
5 David Johnson

Now I don't know about you but whoever that RB was that produced B up above is a stud. That is truly production worthy of being paid extra as a WR, to average 11.5 yards a catch? To score 8 TDs? To have 19 catches over 20+ yards, to have 4 catches over 40+ yards? Wow, that is somebody who is not just talking out of his ass, this is a RB who really can run routes like a WR and actually does get down the field and run more than just check downs out to the flat. Who is this RB I wonder?

Obviously it must be Leveon Bell right? I mean he keeps bragging about he is the best receiving RB in the NFL, about how he runs routes like a WR, so it must be him, right? Wrong, Bell did not have that B production.

So, then Bell must have had that A production right? He must have led all RB in catches with 127, right? He must have gone over 1,040 receiving yards and scored 5 TDs right? Wrong, that was not him either.

Lord, I hope Bell did not produce that C production, that is really the most lame of the 5, to score only 2 TDs, to average a mere 7.6 yards per catch? Surely that can't be him? How can you boldly claim you should be paid like a WR when you put production like that out there?

Like I said, it is a fun game and it really does show how Bell's receiving prowess is overblown, and overrated.

_________________
The Steelers have a greater chance of finding a Unicorn, or a Sasquatch, or the Loch Ness Monster than they do in finding another great 3-4 OLB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1343
Watch the games. If you dont think Bell is the best RB since at least Faulk you really dont understand football


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1343
Scunge wrote:
Bell's receiving numbers? Better than many #1 WRs, are you serious? His numbers aren't even better than many other RBs.

I look at the past two years and what has he done really? Nothing that says he is generational, that his production is so great that he deserves to be paid like a #2 WR as well.

Here is a game, match the receiving production with the RB. I will include number of catches over 20+ yards and 40+ too.

A 127 catches, 1,040 yards, 8.2 avg, 5 TDs, 6 over 20+, 1 over 40+
B 116 catches, 1,336 yards, 11.5 avg, 8 TDs, 19 over 20+, 4 over 40+
C 99 catches, 752 yards, 7.6 avg, 2 TDs, 6 over 20+ yards, 0 over 40+
D 82 catches, 648 yards, 7.9 avg, 3 TDs, 5 over 20+ yards, 1 over 40+
E 74 catches, 652 yards, 8.8 avg, 4 TDs, 7 over 20+ yards, 1 over 40+

1 Matt Forte
2 Leveon Bell
3 Shady McCoy
4 Devonta Freeman
5 David Johnson

Now I don't know about you but whoever that RB was that produced B up above is a stud. That is truly production worthy of being paid extra as a WR, to average 11.5 yards a catch? To score 8 TDs? To have 19 catches over 20+ yards, to have 4 catches over 40+ yards? Wow, that is somebody who is not just talking out of his ass, this is a RB who really can run routes like a WR and actually does get down the field and run more than just check downs out to the flat. Who is this RB I wonder?

Obviously it must be Leveon Bell right? I mean he keeps bragging about he is the best receiving RB in the NFL, about how he runs routes like a WR, so it must be him, right? Wrong, Bell did not have that B production.

So, then Bell must have had that A production right? He must have led all RB in catches with 127, right? He must have gone over 1,040 receiving yards and scored 5 TDs right? Wrong, that was not him either.

Lord, I hope Bell did not produce that C production, that is really the most lame of the 5, to score only 2 TDs, to average a mere 7.6 yards per catch? Surely that can't be him? How can you boldly claim you should be paid like a WR when you put production like that out there?

Like I said, it is a fun game and it really does show how Bell's receiving prowess is overblown, and overrated.


You lying dishonest mofo

Here are Bells real numbers
291/227 = 78%
2005/227 = 8.8
5 TDs

Additionally...it kinda matters alot whos offense a RB is in....and what they are called to do...but you knew that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13644
He used the correct numbers for receiving. You are muddying the waters with rushing numbers.

Also, if you think LBell is a better RB than David Johnson, you're delusional. If those two guys switched places, DJ would be even more ridiculous than he has been already.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1343
bradshaw2ben wrote:
He used the correct numbers for receiving. You are muddying the waters with rushing numbers.

Also, if you think LBell is a better RB than David Johnson, you're delusional. If those two guys switched places, DJ would be even more ridiculous than he has been already.


Those are Bells career receiving numbers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13644
Last two years was the timeframe he used and it's a fair comparison.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1343
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Last two years was the timeframe he used and it's a fair comparison.


Perhaps....but I will never see any wisdom in dumping a GREAT RB.....AND THEN.....drafting a rd 1 QB with the proceeds....all because someone doesnt have what it takes to ride the ship all the way out with probably a top 5 or 10 QB in the history of the league....

Lets dismantle Bens team and draft another unproven college kid to take over the team ???

Zero reason to do it other than Madden football thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1213
Exactly, B2B. Freeman and Johnson came on the scene the past two years and those are their numbers. Bell claims to be the best receiving RB in the NFL but he isn't, I would rather have Freeman and Johnson and most especially Johnson.

Bell is not this generational talent with once-in-a-lifetime ability. He is just one of many very good RBs that can run and catch right now. He is not better than David Johnson, or Freeman or McCoy and does not deserve to be paid more than double of what Freeman and McCoy make, that is just silly.

If Bell wants to be paid what he think he is worth than prove it. David Johnson is really on a sub-standard team in terms of the O-line, QB, etc and yet he overcame all of that and scored 20 TDs. Shady McCoy has had a season where he scored 20 TDs, hell Deangelo Williams had a season where he scored 20 TDs. What is Bell's excuse?

The past two years Bell has scored 12 TDs, he scored 9 TDs last season.

David Johnson has scored 33 TDs the past two seasons, 33 TDs in 32 games, 1 to 1 ratio.

Johnson has clearly overtaken Bell as the best RB in the NFL, it isn't even close, take off the Steeler homer glasses and deal with it.

_________________
The Steelers have a greater chance of finding a Unicorn, or a Sasquatch, or the Loch Ness Monster than they do in finding another great 3-4 OLB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuitt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 3355
Bell is a knucklehead.

There have been many great backs over the years including recents AP and LT.

Bell is not getting 2500 YScm.

Terrell Davis broke 2000 YScm twice and both in Super Bowl winning seasons.

Bell is overrated in the receiving game sans his 2014 season. He was a superstar that year.

Bell has done nothing for this franchise in the PS to this point in his career... and he has taken his approach. Laughable.

When we light up the scoreboard with the vertical passing game in the first half mixing in the run... I do not care much about Bell's gaudy numbers at the end of those games. That's not the real story of what happened in those games.

David Johnson last season 11.0 Y/R ... what a beast.

If Bell can get back to his 2014 Y/R we will be having a different discussion.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CASTEELER, Google [Bot], Laying the Wood, TB and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group