It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DAZN
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 pm 

if any of you guys are thinking about purchasing DAZN for the nfl package think again..ultra slow feed and no audio for game 1. These guys have no fkn clue what they r doing as far as broadcasting nfl games goes.

Post subject: Re: DAZN
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:34 am 

I couldn't sign up, anyway, without a credit card in one of the 5 countries they offer service.

That's disappointing to hear about the quality. Although the picture isn't always as clear, I've found the free services to be more reliable than the Sunday Ticket sub I've had several times (PS3 and internet) - they always seem to completely crash for at least 1 ENTIRE game, and a few too many freezes/crashes other times....usually gets better after the first month or two when, I assume, many people have given up on their teams.

I was watching preseason games on the free NFL Live (or whatever) trial.....freezes and other hiccups, and dropped connection several times. I wouldn't pay them $99 for that, and I'm sure as hell not paying DTV $199 again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:56 am 

They had a horrible first 20 min .. missed the first 10 min and then once the stream was active, no commentary for another 10 min (maybe a feature depending on what you think of Collinsworth!).

After that first 20 the stream was solid, quality was great (Apple TV). I’m hopeful they worked out the kinks for Sunday; its the only way I can see the Steelers now in Canada without illegal stream hunting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm 

for the vpn users out there, another option is to connect to india and then go to gamepass.nfl.com. full season's worth of live games for $125. you might want to clear your cookies (anything related to nfl.com) because i had some weird behavior while checking prices in various regions (lots of price fluctuation). supports paypal for international payment, whereas dazn didn't when i looked at it. i just signed up so can't vouch for quality but if the behavior this year is the same as last year, you just need the vpn to authenticate. once the stream is going you can disconnect vpn and get your true connection speed. i had good connection quality last year and used my chromecast for all of the games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:49 pm 

pantsnat wrote:
for the vpn users out there, another option is to connect to india and then go to gamepass.nfl.com. full season's worth of live games for $125.

I wonder if I already blew it signing up for the trial with a US address. I suppose I could always use a different email and credit card.

But this works with a VPN and a US credit card with US address?

Also, I had quality issues in preseason - that wasn't a problem last season?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:04 pm 

This was in my local paper tonight.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/09/09/dazn- ... nfl-opener

Quote:
The National Football League is not at all impressed with the debut of its digital carrier DAZN — and plans to do something about it.

DAZN, pronounced Da-Zone, tripped all over itself with its regular-season debut in Canada on Thursday night. Considering the response across the country, it was more Di-Saster than anything else, in replacing the formerly dependable Sunday Ticket.

“Canada is the most important international market we have,” said Michael Markovich, vice president of International Media and Business Development.

“We’re aware of the concerns about DAZN. We’re in close contact with them. We take the fan experience incredibly seriously and we expect the same from our partners.”

Among the problems so far on the streaming service, DAZN: The audio and video quality is not up to regular broadcaster standards; the DAZN game runs in time delay, so if you’re reading Twitter while watching the game, you are hearing about things before they happen on your screen; the service is not accessible on most current smart televisions and there is a lag time switching from game to game, which was determined in the pre-season and will be noticed far more when regular-season games get underway during Week 1 on Sunday.

“Look, everything we do is about fans and our broadcasts are critically important to us.” Markovich said, adding that DAZN could better explain its problems.

Then it didn’t. Instead of agreeing to an interview, DAZN hid behind a statement claiming the issues “were isolated incidents compounded by a human error.” After that, it changed its mind.

Said the NFL’s Markovich: “All I can tell you is we’re aware of the problems and we take this extremely seriously.”

For the record, there were few if any complaints with Sunday Ticket, which was available on cable, showing all NFL games. The NFL chose to be more modern in its multi-platform approach. The question is: Did it choose the right company to deliver its games to the growing non-cable world?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:14 pm 

CdnSteelerFan wrote:
This was in my local paper tonight.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/09/09/dazn- ... nfl-opener

Quote:
The National Football League is not at all impressed with the debut of its digital carrier DAZN — and plans to do something about it.

DAZN, pronounced Da-Zone, tripped all over itself with its regular-season debut in Canada on Thursday night. Considering the response across the country, it was more Di-Saster than anything else, in replacing the formerly dependable Sunday Ticket.

“Canada is the most important international market we have,” said Michael Markovich, vice president of International Media and Business Development.

“We’re aware of the concerns about DAZN. We’re in close contact with them. We take the fan experience incredibly seriously and we expect the same from our partners.”

Among the problems so far on the streaming service, DAZN: The audio and video quality is not up to regular broadcaster standards; the DAZN game runs in time delay, so if you’re reading Twitter while watching the game, you are hearing about things before they happen on your screen; the service is not accessible on most current smart televisions and there is a lag time switching from game to game, which was determined in the pre-season and will be noticed far more when regular-season games get underway during Week 1 on Sunday.

“Look, everything we do is about fans and our broadcasts are critically important to us.” Markovich said, adding that DAZN could better explain its problems.

Then it didn’t. Instead of agreeing to an interview, DAZN hid behind a statement claiming the issues “were isolated incidents compounded by a human error.” After that, it changed its mind.

Said the NFL’s Markovich: “All I can tell you is we’re aware of the problems and we take this extremely seriously.”

For the record, there were few if any complaints with Sunday Ticket, which was available on cable, showing all NFL games. The NFL chose to be more modern in its multi-platform approach. The question is: Did it choose the right company to deliver its games to the growing non-cable world?

ya I read it as well brother. Talk is cheap. Lets see what happens tomorrow, gotta feeling its gonna be another shit-fest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:34 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
ya I read it as well brother. Talk is cheap. Lets see what happens tomorrow, gotta feeling its gonna be another shit-fest.

I've yet to view a stream - ever or anywhere - of NFL games that didn't have problems.

The services that want you to pay money to view their streams....don't invest 1/10th the money needed to ensure a good consumer experience. They exploit desperate fans who have no other options. My personal goal is to never again give a dime to the NLF or it's collaborators.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:01 am 

Kodiak wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

I've yet to view a stream - ever or anywhere - of NFL games that didn't have problems.

The services that want you to pay money to view their streams....don't invest 1/10th the money needed to ensure a good consumer experience. They exploit desperate fans who have no other options. My personal goal is to never again give a dime to the NLF or it's collaborators.

MLB.com used to be the same way, but it has been LOADS better this year.

Of course, I've gotten MLB.com free the past two years as part of being a T-Mobile customer...and now hardly ever want to watch it because the Pirates suck again...

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:07 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Of course, I've gotten MLB.com free the past two years as part of being a T-Mobile customer...and now hardly ever want to watch it because the Pirates suck again...

I'm probably wrong, but I'd argue that your Pirate streams got better because hardly anyone was watching them....