It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3343
Dupree has a ways to go before we start calling him HollyWoodley 2.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 4839
SteelDrama wrote:
I share the OPs frustration.
WTF?!?! Was my reaction to Bud yet again on injury report
Too many soft players not just on Steelers its a league wide epidemic
The Chiefs beat the Pats
The Chiefs lost Berry for the season
The Steelers can win the AFC
Not looking like key players such as Bud and Shaz can be counted on


I wouldn't exactly call Eric Berry soft for rupturing his Achilles. Not to mention, I wonder if chemotherapy may have had long term effects on his connective tissue.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 685
R S wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
I share the OPs frustration.
WTF?!?! Was my reaction to Bud yet again on injury report
Too many soft players not just on Steelers its a league wide epidemic
The Chiefs beat the Pats
The Chiefs lost Berry for the season
The Steelers can win the AFC
Not looking like key players such as Bud and Shaz can be counted on


I wouldn't exactly call Eric Berry soft for rupturing his Achilles. Not to mention, I wonder if chemotherapy may have had long term effects on his connective tissue.

Never called Berry soft. Said he was lost for the season as in the Chiefs lost their inspriratiional leader and best player for the season after proving Pats to be beatable hence showing the AFC is there for the Steelers taking if...IF...their key players can stay on the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3343
What frustrates me when it comes to injuries are the ones that appear out of nowhere.

Nothing can be said bout Pouncey when Decastro nose dived into his knee. Same for Bell with the hits he took to his knee

But these guys that show up to practice and end up out for weeks at a time really have me shaking my head.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 5789
Dupreepussy

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13880
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.

Gee, man, do you have any more bizarro wisdom to drop on us today?

Alex Smith = Landry Jones
Chickillo > Bud Dupree

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13880
Hinestuff wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
So... Bud played in 16 games in 2015. He's really had just one injury -- granted, it caused him to miss 11 games last season. But to say he never, ever practices or plays isn't accurate.

And how does Tomlin let Bell do whatever he wants? What would you do differently? There is an argument to be made that Bell's workload should be reduced to increase his longevity and effectiveness late into the season and post-season, but do you bench a top-3 RB because he held out of training camp? Do you give him a vicious tongue lashing? Or do you have some understanding of how business is done in the NFL and realize that there is nothing you can do to prevent a holdout?


Give Conner snaps, he's been a team player since he got here.

He deserves to get on the field, no?

Conner's injury history makes Bud Dupree look like Lou Gehrig.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 598
Hinestuff wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
So... Bud played in 16 games in 2015. He's really had just one injury -- granted, it caused him to miss 11 games last season. But to say he never, ever practices or plays isn't accurate.

And how does Tomlin let Bell do whatever he wants? What would you do differently? There is an argument to be made that Bell's workload should be reduced to increase his longevity and effectiveness late into the season and post-season, but do you bench a top-3 RB because he held out of training camp? Do you give him a vicious tongue lashing? Or do you have some understanding of how business is done in the NFL and realize that there is nothing you can do to prevent a holdout?


Give Conner snaps, he's been a team player since he got here.

He deserves to get on the field, no?


Who is he, Rudy Ruettiger? He deserves to get on the field when he plays well enough to earn it. Bell is the better player, by far, and having him on the field increases our chances of winning football games. If Conner can etch out a role as a change of pace back, short yardage back, or closer, great, but he'll do it by proving he can help us win football games, not just because he's a team player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13880
At this point, I can't make a convincing argument for Conner to play over Watson, let alone Bell.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree never, ever practices or plays...Questionable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 451
Laying the Wood wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Par for the course for Dupree... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced by Chickillo.


This honestly isn't even entertaining. Your trolling is poorly done and lacks any subtlety or charm. I don't think you've elicited anger or laughter from any of the board members. You have failed at your one task. Regroup, rethink your strategy, and come back later.

Exactly. Very disappointing troll to this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], JackSplat58, Seven7 and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group