It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season #1: Steelers @ Browns Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Hue Jackson 'irate' with Haden release
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue- ... e-coaches/

Moneyball. Release high price vets even with $58M in cap room. The object is not to win games but to win the draft.

Lol. That article is such a piece of shit hatchet job.

Somebody in that org has figured out they're a placeholder. I wonder if it's Hue himself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:14 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Not a criticism just an observation from a fan. Rogers doesn't have that breakaway speed needed for returning. Rogers also doesn't have that ability to make would be tacklers miss. Need a better returner.

That's why I thought an Ayers would've made the team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@gerrydulac
Steelers give game ball to Joe Haden, who never won a season opener in seven seasons w the Browns. https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/9 ... -afc-north
Classy move!

I am not sure about a classy move here. It seems to me like a telegraphed move to boost Hayden's confident's. I didn't see anything special from him today. If anything TJ Watt should have got it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm 

SteelRaptor wrote:
I am not sure about a classy move here. It seems to me like a telegraphed move to boost Hayden's confident's. I didn't see anything special from him today. If anything TJ Watt should have got it.

Maybe....Or it's just the guy never won an opener and beating CLE had a special significance for him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:58 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Tomlin: "I thought our offensive drives got stopped because of penalties. I thought our defensive drives got extended because of penalties." No Shit?!

Tomlin: “We were highly penalized today. That was the story of the game in terms of execution." So what the hell are you doing about it?

Tomlin: "A great win for us, an AFC North road game in week one versus a worthy and hostile opponent." You don't say...

Hue Jackson 'irate' with Haden release
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue- ... e-coaches/

They're going to grow from it. Lot of work to do, obviously. A great win, though, against a hostile division rival, if you will.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:03 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelRaptor wrote:

Maybe....Or it's just the guy never won an opener and beating CLE had a special significance for him.

I hope that was the case Kodiak. I just watched him a lot tonight and didn't come away WOW!. However I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and i hope he really helps us..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
SteelRaptor wrote:

No dude, it was to boost his confident's.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:02 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
SteelRaptor wrote:

No dude, it was to boost his confident's.

They were trying to coheres his confident's into getting better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:04 pm 

It's 2017. We're a decade into the Mike Tomlin Era and quite literally everyone posting here is old enough to have been a fan through multiple head coaching tenures.

Are we still going all-in on the whole "I can't believe the coach doesn't give specifics during a press conference" thing?

It is one of most annoying aspects of this board when I see people getting genuinely upset that Tomlin doesn't reveal specifics. It makes it look like you've never seen a football coach speak before.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:26 pm 

If any one wants to grab a torrent of the game link is here.

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthread.php?305641-AMERICAN-FOOTBALL-NFL-Week-01-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Cleveland-Browns-10-09-2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next