It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: TJ Watt game 1...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am 

Dupree gets hurt in practice every other week. That's his problem.

Also, I gotta say the rookie QB held the ball a long damn time. I don't know if that was on him or if the coverage was that good. I don't scrub film so I'll leave that to someone else.

But, most of those sacks were made possible by a combo of effort and a QB holding the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 am 

Yeah, R S, but if you watch Denver or Atlanta, are Von Miller or Vic Beasley, who go up against the RTs for the most part, are they really getting sacks instantaneously, like in 2 seconds? Or are they getting to the QB too because their secondaries are giving them more time as well?

Also, it appeared to me that Kizer is a very mobile QB, he was able to move around and had very good escapability. And he was still sacked 7 times, would have been 8 times if not for the penalty by Watt that cancelled Chickillo's 3rd sack. All in all I thought it was a very good start to the season from a pass rush perspective. Not just for the OLBs either. Hargrave and Heyward got their first sacks, we got a CB (Haden) involved too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 am 

Watt's interception, although athletic, was a result of a poorly, woefully under thrown ball into double coverage. He happened to be in the right place at the right time. I'm not diminishing his play, fyi. He's the real deal, and it was a steal to get him. And he will get better and harass qb's for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm 

R S wrote:
Dupree gets hurt in practice every other week. That's his problem.

Also, I gotta say the rookie QB held the ball a long damn time. I don't know if that was on him or if the coverage was that good. I don't scrub film so I'll leave that to someone else.

But, most of those sacks were made possible by a combo of effort and a QB holding the ball.

The Browns ran a lot of 2 man routes. I think the Brown's coaches were expecting him to run but the Steelers did mostly good in containing the pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:36 pm 

jebrick wrote:
The Browns ran a lot of 2 man routes. I think the Brown's coaches were expecting him to run but the Steelers did mostly good in containing the pocket.

^ This.

However, on Watt's 1st sack the Browns spread the field and the Steelers did a great job collapsing the pocket with 4. His 2nd sack and the INT were both on 2 man routes while the Browns used a max protect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm 

Scunge wrote:
All in all I thought it was a very good start to the season from a pass rush perspective. Not just for the OLBs either. Hargrave and Heyward got their first sacks, we got a CB (Haden) involved too.

This is the most encouraging thing to come out of that game IMO, along with the overall play of Watt.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm 

TJ Watt named Defensive Rookie of the Week.

3 minutes of TJ against the Browns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoaKZvrSxs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
TJ Watt named Defensive Rookie of the Week.

3 minutes of TJ against the Browns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoaKZvrSxs

Motor.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 pm 

Dude is fucking relentless. Can't teach that. The ultimate ham-n-egger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 pm 

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Chalk_Talk_Steelers_at_Browns/898ea818-5cdf-442b-9d62-ca46d3129c36

The 3rd play broken down is the Watt int

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next