It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: happy w/ win..Tomlin Haley you gotta do much fucking bet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
GreenwoodsGoldShoes wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
How many empty sets did we employ today?

Can we least have the appearance we may run?

Fucked up

More than anything else, this makes me fvcking crazy.

With a RB the caliber of Bell...
Ontop of his ability to loose defenders coming in route out of backfield....
You can make the case they should Not need to go many empty sets at all.

Why spread the defense and eliminate run possibility. Pushes the LB deeper into coverage....tightens passing lanes.

We know AB is a great route runner to beat all these guys in coverage. But MB is not....
I do not think JJSS created alot of separation in college....many contested passes.
We just make it easier for defenses to cover the field when we go so much empty set.
Not to mention leaving Ben wide open for free blitzes.

Empty sets have there place but not on 2nd and 1. I hate that look. Keep Bell in backfield and play action or if Browns keep safeties deep then hand him ball and keep drive going. Seems like they stuck to a script at times without accounting for what Browns actually showed them formation wise. As someone noted Steelers needed to run some mis-direction hell even a fucking bootleg to get Browns off balance. You want to put ball in Bryant's hands with a head of steam? Run a fucking reverse. Nothing, very, very vanilla but despite that sloppy execution cannot be dismissed. It is one thing if pass pro was a mess it wasn't at all.

In fact Gilbert quietly had a superb game and Villy despite sack was excellent also. Interior was solid as well. Ben had time yet he was throwing balls underneath when a moment of patience would've allowed him to see open receivers down the field. Also he was looking deep when he had receivers wide open underneath. Imho they didn't take the Browns seriously and thought they could wing it and have offense find itself in that "process". They're fortunate they have a reasonably easy first 3 games. Vikes are decent on defense if a bit overrated. Their offense unless Dalvin Cook explodes is awful.

Bears...then a game I fear not because of the opponent because of way Steelers will play v that opponent: Rats on road.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am 

Jeemie wrote:

Really only three situations are possible:

*We're vastly overrating the skill level of our offense. If this is so, then not much can be done, save to get better players. That reflects on Tomlin's and Colbert's abilities to scout out offensive talent that can play in today's NFL
*Tomlin is on board with what Haley is doing. If so, then Tomlin is complicit in the crapfest on offense we're seeing.
*Tomlin is NOT on board with what Haley is doing, in which case, he either has ZERO influence in the organization (i.e. he can't make Haley change to suit what he wants), or he lacks the courage or the motivation to speak out as to what he sees is wrong.

There really are no other possibilities than these.

And NONE of these possibilities reflect well on Mike Tomlin.

Bingo.

As I said long ago, as long as Tomlin and Haley are both on the team, we aren't winning anything more than post-season participation trophies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Sometimes when Tomlin says "We don't live in our fears" I think he sending a message to the organization as a whole.

I don't. Not when I see Tomlin coaching in his fears. He not only lives in his fears, he builds entire communities in his fears. If he could think on a handset scale, he would be imagining universes in his fears.

The only thing that keeps this team competitive is the level of talent because the gameplanning, situational play calling, scripted play calling, clock management, in game adjustments and overall strategic approach to games... sucks.

The only coach doing an exemplary job is Munchak (Oline issues are due to rust)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12