It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:22 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
I agree with you Lit,. There NOBODY in the NFL fans or pundits that praised Holmes the way AB gets press. Santonio was today's Pierre Garcon in his prime or Golden Tate. They aren't in the same universe. Yes, I know but but Santonio made "the catch". AB would be an all-world player with Carson Wentz, Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Russel Wilson, etc,,,,,,,,,,list goes on and on. Yeah, Ben is good, but any QB could have thrown that pass up for grabs last week, but few receivers could have when up and got it.

Stop being a Ben jock sniffer and saying nobody would do anything without him.

Don't want to start another Santonio/AB was as there really is no comparison. It's an arguably fair comparison you make to Garcon/Tate, RS, though I think you need to add in the factors not visible in the stat lines....those being that Santonio was a clutch mother-fucker, an absolute Ravens-killer, a magnificent broken field runner....and lastly, as you've indicated, as Steeler fans, we are forever indebted to Santonio Holmes.

AB is other fuckin' worldly.....just look at last week's line....11 targets/11 catches, AND draws a 41-yard PI. AB hasn't won us a Super Bowl, but that Christmas Night play last year was akin to Santonio's greatest moment.

Also have to note that Santonio, as we all know, was a fuckin' bonehead....sort of like Leveon....hahaha.

Holmes was clutch. But just wasn't consistent. And the almighty Ben was his QB in his prime. So what's his excuse for vanishing OFTEN? Saying Holmes > Brown makes me question anyones football knowledge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am 

Holmes was very talented.

He did not have AB's mind.

He did not have AB's hands.

AB's hands are among the very best ever.

Of course, Ben and AB make each other better. That is how it works with a guy throwing and a guy catching.

AB is still at his absolute peak.

AB is the kind of guy you hang a franchise hat on. I don't think Bell is a bad person, but he's not on AB's level as that kind of guy.

If AB gets a ring, he's going down as one of the all time great Steelers.

The Ben to AB combo is historically great. Enjoy the show while we have it.

Last edited by Havoc on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am 

Did we miss what AB looked like with QBs not named Ben? Still a fine player but let's not kid ourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm 

AB is spiderman. He touches the football it sticks to him.

Ferocious in a small package. Wrestles the football away from bigger stronger men.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:16 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Did we miss what AB looked like with QBs not named Ben? Still a fine player but let's not kid ourselves.

Those qbs were Laundry and Dog Killer. See RSs rational post where he muses about actual starting caliber qbs. Ben is a lucky sob to have AB for his golden years. B2B you are not among the same people complaining that Ben had chicken shit to throw to outside of AB last year while simultaneously believing that Ben makes his WRs while said WRs not named AB often played like shit are you?

I may not know a lot about football, but I know what a bad argument looks like.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Come on- one of those quarterbacks was a Michael Vick WAY past his prime. The other was Landry Jones, and in the three games where Jones has gotten a significant number of snaps, Brown's numbers were 16-254 (15.9 YPC).

Only thing missing is TD passes...but Jones only has seven career TD passes...three of which came in a game in which Brown didn't play.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:00 pm 

Hey, no one is arguing whether AB is outstanding at his craft-- he is. I'd be hard-pressed to argue for any other WR among his peers, aside from Julio Jones.

It's foolish to think that a competent QB would be enough to make AB the league leader in receptions/yards/consistency. Hell, it's not even enough to have a great QB, unless there is obvious chemistry.

I'm not sure AJ Green is completely on a lower plane, but he's playing with a top 15 QB and he can't get much traction.

The only argument that makes sense is: Ben and AB work together and make greatness.

As far as last year, Ben and AB were great together and Ben had a hell of a year, considering the receiving corps. He most definitely raised all those boats. He can't catch it for them, though, so once Sammie Coates became Edward Scissorhands, it put a real cramp in the scoring potential. I think of all the dropped TDs at crucial times. Coates dropped a perfectly placed TD vs the Ravens, Cobi and DHB and James and on and on. It wasn't the only reason the team couldn't make it past the Patriots, but it sure was a big part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 am 

Bell was offered a decent contract and he turned it down. I think Bell will reach full power at some point. But missing training camp hurt his timing, sharpness, and fitness.

Bell hopefully will get a little better every week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 am 
AB is pretty much zero HIG factor in big games tho....

Santonio routinely destroyed the ravens and just came up big when we needed someone to...AB has largely been underwhelming in big games....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9