It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am 

R S wrote:
I agree with you Lit,. There NOBODY in the NFL fans or pundits that praised Holmes the way AB gets press. Santonio was today's Pierre Garcon in his prime or Golden Tate. They aren't in the same universe. Yes, I know but but Santonio made "the catch". AB would be an all-world player with Carson Wentz, Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Russel Wilson, etc,,,,,,,,,,list goes on and on. Yeah, Ben is good, but any QB could have thrown that pass up for grabs last week, but few receivers could have when up and got it.

Stop being a Ben jock sniffer and saying nobody would do anything without him.

Don't want to start another Santonio/AB was as there really is no comparison. It's an arguably fair comparison you make to Garcon/Tate, RS, though I think you need to add in the factors not visible in the stat lines....those being that Santonio was a clutch mother-fucker, an absolute Ravens-killer, a magnificent broken field runner....and lastly, as you've indicated, as Steeler fans, we are forever indebted to Santonio Holmes.

AB is other fuckin' worldly.....just look at last week's line....11 targets/11 catches, AND draws a 41-yard PI. AB hasn't won us a Super Bowl, but that Christmas Night play last year was akin to Santonio's greatest moment.

Also have to note that Santonio, as we all know, was a fuckin' bonehead....sort of like Leveon....hahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 am 

Remember how dumb the Cowboys were for spending a top 5 pick on Ezekiel Elliott? :?

Bell is extremely valuable to our team. Dude deserves to be paid a lot of money. Without him, we're not the same team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:43 am 

TB wrote:
Remember how dumb the Cowboys were for spending a top 5 pick on Ezekiel Elliott? :?

Bell is extremely valuable to our team. Dude deserves to be paid a lot of money. Without him, we're not the same team.

Absolutely agree...get the knucklehead signed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:51 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Meh, anything north of $10,000,000 a year, for a rb today, is money better spent elsewhere on the team. I think those that take issue with Bell are more concerned about the team, than their own personal feelings. I could be wrong though.

But its a good idea to pay a center $11.1MM a year. Which position directly impacts the final outcome of the game more? Its not close yet you wont pay an important position like RB more than $10MM a year :shock: :o :roll: Remember Bell has the potential if he stays healthy to be the Steelers GOAT. Also remember if the corpulent QB retires at years end Bell can be the kind of player you keep competitive with while the new young QB matures. You think Elliot was not responsible for Prescott having a super rookie season and allowing Dallas to be a playoff team?? In fact I remember him running it down our throats and killing a last minute comeback.

Bell is the best running back in the league and I want him on my team and $10MM for his talents is a joke

Monetary inflation son, it's a real deal, even in the nfl. I thought the pouncey contract was a waste at the time, but would be about right if he were to sign the same deal at the same age today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:28 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Vertical Steel wrote:
Sorry, but just because somebody is a huge Steeler fan does not mean they aren't racist.

That's not what I said. What I said was that I reject that Steeler fans root or criticize players based on race. And I'm tired of hearing that bullshit on the boards when certain players are criticized, and tired of hearing the reverse bullshit when certain players aren't criticized to someone's satisfaction. Sports is the most color-blind, biggest meritocracy out there and I have 0 respect for people who use it to race bait.

I mean, if you root for the laundry then you're rooting for black....

I think it's naive to believe that people's biases don't affect their evaluation of players. However the people on this message board tend to overstate how often that influence exists; probably to feed their own agendas.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:53 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

I'm laughing at you for comparing AB to Holmes. That's rich! Well, how do we know that without AB Ben's golden years are nearly as impressive? Must be nice to have a WR to whom you can lob balls into triple coverage and to whom you can throw it short of EZ with three guys on his back with the season on the line.

jesus dude, take his balls out of your esophagus.

AB is a very good, top 10ish receiver made great by Ben. He's not in this conversation if he's on any of 28 other teams. And that play was discussed - it was NOT triple coverage...even if it was, AB is not the only receiver in the league that comes down with that ball consistently.

Holmes was a very similar player - hands, quicks, RAC - and probably be doing similar things if he had signed a C2 with the Steelers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:53 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Meh, anything north of $10,000,000 a year, for a rb today, is money better spent elsewhere on the team. I think those that take issue with Bell are more concerned about the team, than their own personal feelings. I could be wrong though.

But its a good idea to pay a center $11.1MM a year. Which position directly impacts the final outcome of the game more? Its not close yet you wont pay an important position like RB more than $10MM a year :shock: :o :roll: Remember Bell has the potential if he stays healthy to be the Steelers GOAT. Also remember if the corpulent QB retires at years end Bell can be the kind of player you keep competitive with while the new young QB matures. You think Elliot was not responsible for Prescott having a super rookie season and allowing Dallas to be a playoff team?? In fact I remember him running it down our throats and killing a last minute comeback.

Bell is the best running back in the league and I want him on my team and $10MM for his talents is a joke

Monetary inflation son, it's a real deal, even in the nfl. I thought the pouncey contract was a waste at the time, but would be about right if he were to sign the same deal at the same age today.

So if I understand you correctly you would sign Pouncey today for $11MM and you would only give Bell $10MM max. Correct?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 pm 

I would pay either one 10 mil per yr max. Prorated signing bonus and all. In my eyes, elite rb, ol, dl, s are all worth about that today. Elite qb 25m, wr 15m, cb 15m, lb 15m.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I'm laughing at you for comparing AB to Holmes. That's rich! Well, how do we know that without AB Ben's golden years are nearly as impressive? Must be nice to have a WR to whom you can lob balls into triple coverage and to whom you can throw it short of EZ with three guys on his back with the season on the line.

jesus dude, take his balls out of your esophagus.

AB is a very good, top 10ish receiver made great by Ben. He's not in this conversation if he's on any of 28 other teams. And that play was discussed - it was NOT triple coverage...even if it was, AB is not the only receiver in the league that comes down with that ball consistently.

Holmes was a very similar player - hands, quicks, RAC - and probably be doing similar things if he had signed a C2 with the Steelers.

I see a reference to testicles. I do not see a valid argument. You know, those pesky things that require that conclusions be necessary from the premises given.

You go ahead and think Holmes is anything like AB.

You have no fucking clue what AB would do with a different QB. If you think an empirical counter factual can be proved, you're a dumb fuck. The only balls being fondled are yours and you are the one doing the fondling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:19 pm 

Jesus. Talk about overinflating Ben. Good God.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next