It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Holy Shit!! I must've slept through my alarm.

Last thing I remember was the Stanley Cup parade, Ollie Maatta being shit-faced, Sid hoisting the Cup.

Has Mike Sullivan taken his Football 101 class? Will he be on the sidelines today, transferring his coaching magic to the football Black & Gold? That dude makes all the right moves, no doubt.

Part of my three-month long dream, just before I woke up was that the Patriots got hammered by the Chefs on Thursday night. That really happen? And what the fuck!! I'm looking at my fantasy roster....I have both Brady & Gronk??? Who the hell picked my team!!!

Anyway, oft-said to wake me up just before kick off of the opening game. Well, kickoff's a little over an hour away. All my connections are on....Sunday Ticket is working, not like you cheap bastards begging for a link every week. I'll be in my chair, got a 50" TV this time around. Steelers-Browns!! Got some coffee in me, beers in the fridge. Here we go again!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
swissvale72 wrote:
Holy Shit!! I must've slept through my alarm.

Last thing I remember was the Stanley Cup parade, Ollie Maatta being shit-faced, Sid hoisting the Cup.

Has Mike Sullivan taken his Football 101 class? Will he be on the sidelines today, transferring his coaching magic to the football Black & Gold? That dude makes all the right moves, no doubt.

Part of my three-month long dream, just before I woke up was that the Patriots got hammered by the Chefs on Thursday night. That really happen? And what the fuck!! I'm looking at my fantasy roster....I have both Brady & Gronk??? Who the hell picked my team!!!

Anyway, oft-said to wake me up just before kick off of the opening game. Well, kickoff's a little over an hour away. All my connections are on....Sunday Ticket is working, not like you cheap bastards begging for a link every week. I'll be in my chair, got a 50" TV this time around. Steelers-Browns!! Got some coffee in me, beers in the fridge. Here we go again!!


Hey- if I could get grandfathered in like you did, I would use Sunday Ticket as well.

But I'm not overpaying for a whole bunch of services I don't want to get what I do- for just four or so games a year.

I'm not cheap- I just practice unfettered capitalism!

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Holy Shit!! I must've slept through my alarm.

Last thing I remember was the Stanley Cup parade, Ollie Maatta being shit-faced, Sid hoisting the Cup.

Has Mike Sullivan taken his Football 101 class? Will he be on the sidelines today, transferring his coaching magic to the football Black & Gold? That dude makes all the right moves, no doubt.

Part of my three-month long dream, just before I woke up was that the Patriots got hammered by the Chefs on Thursday night. That really happen? And what the fuck!! I'm looking at my fantasy roster....I have both Brady & Gronk??? Who the hell picked my team!!!

Anyway, oft-said to wake me up just before kick off of the opening game. Well, kickoff's a little over an hour away. All my connections are on....Sunday Ticket is working, not like you cheap bastards begging for a link every week. I'll be in my chair, got a 50" TV this time around. Steelers-Browns!! Got some coffee in me, beers in the fridge. Here we go again!!


Hey- if I could get grandfathered in like you did, I would use Sunday Ticket as well.

But I'm not overpaying for a whole bunch of services I don't want to get what I do- for just four or so games a year.

I'm not cheap- I just practice unfettered capitalism!


Guess you've got point there, Jeems. Only DTV service I pay for is Sunday Ticket.

As we speak, there's an app on my TV for Sunday Ticket, but the fuckin' thing keep freezing on me. Going to fire up the laptop, connect it to the TV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Posts: 1902
Today was a horrible day for links for me. Every one I found was just awful.

I'm as cheap as they come, but I might have to break down....

_________________
Mike Tomlin. Useless idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
swissvale72 wrote:
As we speak, there's an app on my TV for Sunday Ticket, but the fuckin' thing keep freezing on me. Going to fire up the laptop, connect it to the TV


Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's why I didn't purchase that service this year. Went another route I give a thumbs up to for Wk1

It's not that I'm averse to buying Sunday Ticket, it's just that the my user experience has been awful (wait until it crashes for an entire game - that happened to me the past two years). And, like Jeemie, I only need it for 5-6 games.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
What up Swiss?!?! You need to treat your fellow Guido Chickillo to a Vinnie's pie!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
As we speak, there's an app on my TV for Sunday Ticket, but the fuckin' thing keep freezing on me. Going to fire up the laptop, connect it to the TV


Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's why I didn't purchase that service this year. Went another route I give a thumbs up to for Wk1

It's not that I'm averse to buying Sunday Ticket, it's just that the my user experience has been awful (wait until it crashes for an entire game - that happened to me the past two years). And, like Jeemie, I only need it for 5-6 games.


Hooked up the laptop to my TV and was just fine....didn't freeze at all during the game. I said at the beginning that if Sunday Ticket charged 3x what they charge, I wold still get it. That day has come; I still subscribe.

Too many years blacked out of Steeler games for me NOT to subscribe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Lynch wrote:
What up Swiss?!?! You need to treat your fellow Guido Chickillo to a Vinnie's pie!!!


I didn't think he was a dago, Lynch, as the name that end in vowels but have a K usually are Hunkie or similar. Looked up the origin though, and sure enough, Chickillo is dago. Sure, large Vinnie's with Canadian bacon on me....412-271-9181


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
swissvale72 wrote:
Hooked up the laptop to my TV and was just fine....didn't freeze at all during the game. I said at the beginning that if Sunday Ticket charged 3x what they charge, I wold still get it. That day has come; I still subscribe.

Too many years blacked out of Steeler games for me NOT to subscribe.


I had it on PS3 for several years and had too many issues.

I did the laptop thing, like you, last year. I had issues. One week they pushed some sort of update that broke the service and I missed an entire game.

Maybe they've fixed these issues. But last year I had good games, and other times I was pissed the fuck off (2-3 times I had to resort to free streams). I seriously doubt they've invested and figured out how to handle peak demand periods.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Sounds like you've had some bad luck, Kodiak.....worst that's happened to me has been, since 1994
*Laptop freezing for some seconds at a time, never for long periods (...and NEVER a problem with the standard def TV that my standard def dish is hooked up to)
*Blacking out of nationally televised games that then you miss the start of because first game goes long. That shit REALLY pisses me off...missed damn near 1st quarter of some games, but then so does, everyone watching on network TV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
swissvale72 wrote:
Sounds like you've had some bad luck, Kodiak.....worst that's happened to me has been, since 1994


Well, I'd guess it might depend on local demand of regional servers. It's gotten better, but not enough for me to continue to justify $199 for 5-6 games.

I got this week and next week for $20 total, and the quality was as good as anything I ever got thru Sunday Ticket.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2222
Pennnnnnnssssssss.

Seriously good to hear from ya Swiss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1221
swissvale72 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
What up Swiss?!?! You need to treat your fellow Guido Chickillo to a Vinnie's pie!!!


I didn't think he was a dago, Lynch, as the name that end in vowels but have a K usually are Hunkie or similar. Looked up the origin though, and sure enough, Chickillo is dago. Sure, large Vinnie's with Canadian bacon on me....412-271-9181


Damn I didn't know that either. I'll be rooting for him even more now.

_________________
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
I found a nice stream from oh Canada .....YT HD too

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
swissvale72 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
What up Swiss?!?! You need to treat your fellow Guido Chickillo to a Vinnie's pie!!!


I didn't think he was a dago, Lynch, as the name that end in vowels but have a K usually are Hunkie or similar. Looked up the origin though, and sure enough, Chickillo is dago. Sure, large Vinnie's with Canadian bacon on me....412-271-9181


Ole Lynch knows his genotypes now!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5503
Glad to see you're still alive and kickin Swissvale

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
R S wrote:
Glad to see you're still alive and kickin Swissvale


Thanks RS...I am!!

Other thing going on with me was All Wedding All the Time at my house as my daughter was married on August 12. Got two educated, one married....but the parenting NEVER ends.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigtoad, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group