It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Re-watch Offense
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:22 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Trust me, I wish I didn't have to mention his below the line play in this area, but I want near perfection from my elite, $100M, HOF QB on the simpler duties of being just that.

Sorry, never going to happen. Not from Ben, not from Tom Brady, not from Aaron Rogers, Drew Bree's, Matt Ryan, so on and so forth. It's just a very difficult job, and there are only a handful of human beings that can do it satisfactory, and one of them wears the Black and Gold on Sundays. You're setting a standard in your mind that is unattainable.

Two things, you obviously don't watch much NFL football nor have you watch Ben closely on his short throws over the last six years. His short game accuracy (easiest part of the game) is not close to many of the top QBs in the league.

Let me ask you something...
1-have you ever played football? And if yes, have you ever played QB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Sorry, never going to happen. Not from Ben, not from Tom Brady, not from Aaron Rogers, Drew Bree's, Matt Ryan, so on and so forth. It's just a very difficult job, and there are only a handful of human beings that can do it satisfactory, and one of them wears the Black and Gold on Sundays. You're setting a standard in your mind that is unattainable.

Two things, you obviously don't watch much NFL football nor have you watch Ben closely on his short throws over the last six years. His short game accuracy (easiest part of the game) is not close to many of the top QBs in the league.

Yes and yes. More importantly, I've watch/evaluated on average 20+ NFL QBs per week for about 22+ weeks out of the year for the last 20 years. Add in College QBs over that period and fewer NFL, College and HS QBs for 20 years prior to that and I feel I'm more than qualified to understand if Ben is somewhat below the line on his short passes (elite QB comparatively speaking). Also, I have seen every single snap of Ben's NFL career (some in person including his last Super Bowl, HD, and re-watching games and a lot of All 22) usually more than once.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 pm 

dropemjaybird wrote:
955876 wrote:
There has been a couple articles today discussing the intention to run more 4 wife sets moving forward.

The polygamist steeler fans approve, but caution that wife 1 is most likely the size of a lineman at this point in time,

There's an easy joke about Haley and four wife sets here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:09 pm 

I thought Haley's kink was playing the cuckokd role.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:34 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Yes and yes. More importantly, I've watch/evaluated on average 20+ NFL QBs per week for about 22+ weeks out of the year for the last 20 years. Add in College QBs over that period and fewer NFL, College and HS QBs for 20 years prior to that and I feel I'm more than qualified to understand if Ben is somewhat below the line on his short passes (elite QB comparatively speaking). Also, I have seen every single snap of Ben's NFL career (some in person including his last Super Bowl, HD, and re-watching games and a lot of All 22) usually more than once.

Well then, you obviously are.
I just get a kick out of fanboys that have never played the game, never stood in a pocket, sitting in their recliner with a cold Bud in their hand, thinking that what they see on their 65 inch hi def is exactly what the QB is seeing. No clue of the reads, no clue of the progressions no freaking clue of the mayhem going on around him.
And just for the record, not saying I'm right, but I totally disagree that short range accuracy is the easiest part of the QBs game. I believe it's just the opposite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13