It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Re watch Defensive notes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Quote:
Alot of his short throws were a step behind, not in stride, tuff adjustments, etc.

Again, not really true. Two throws to Bell (at least one of which was more a ME) and one to Bryant... maybe the throw to Bryant on the deep ball (more of a bad decision) out of 40 or more throws.

How many bad throws did Tom Brady have on opening night?

Hilarious comparing Ben to Brady. A fool's errand.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm 

steelclan wrote:
I'll take any team playing against Saints D with a grain of salt. That D will be the worst in the NFL. They have one player and fuck all else. The secondary is so bad it painful to watch. Brees is going to have put up 35 plus to win games.

He'll have a chance to put up 50 next week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Who's got Fleener?

I, for one, am not worried about how the Steelers will defend Fleener this weekend. Kyle Rudolph may pose a challenge, however.

Sorry, mixed up my move TEs.

Oh, i know. Just giving you shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm 

I honestly don't understand the disappointment on Haden. He had all of about a week to learn our defense and has spent almost no time getting used to his teammates, their movements, their tendencies, etc. I thought he did a good job.

Truth be told, on the 2 occasions he looked to be beaten deep, we don't know what the defense called was. He could have been trailing the guy expecting safety help. Great pass defense only works when safeties and corners are totally in sync. Let's give them a few games.

Mitchell and Davis need to start playing the middle of the field better. That's what I saw. They are too far back in their zones and the ILBs aren't getting back in their drops quick enough to make those seams, skinny posts, and crossers difficult. We have to clean that up.

I'm very concerned about Gay. The Browns were clearly looking for him on 3rd down and picking on him. He struggled to stay with TEs. The loss of Sutton is HUGE in this early part of the season. That kind of quickness in the slot is sorely missed. Obviously Hilton has to step up and hopefully Allen can keep developing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Quote:
Alot of his short throws were a step behind, not in stride, tuff adjustments, etc.

Again, not really true. Two throws to Bell (at least one of which was more a ME) and one to Bryant... maybe the throw to Bryant on the deep ball (more of a bad decision) out of 40 or more throws.

How many bad throws did Tom Brady have on opening night?

Had some bad throws.
Much better defense he played against.
Better pass rush and was under alot of pressure from both OLB ad up the gut, as that big DT kept penetrating.
Better secondary with press coverage.

Are you saying Ben was on his game?
And a repeat of his performance will be welcomed on Sunday.
No.

Yes he had catchable balls that were not caught.
He also had passes caught that were not in good spots, not in stride or the target had to twist, turn leap to make the catch, slow down and try and gain yards.

The concerning part was alot of these passes were with out much pressure.......

As mentioned above, the biggest part of the problem for this offense is Tomlin and Haley.

Ben will round into form.
He may even have one of his 5 TD games vs. KC.

Its the 3-4-5 other games that we will have ( hope not ) that we will see a similar clusterfuck of an offense game plan, play design, play calling, execution, etc. that I put squarly on the two at the top )